Current Norovirus on some P&O ships

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

How long has Ventura being doing Canaries fly cruises?

That was just my thoughts and realise I'm thinking of the Azura ,so sorry 

Ventura is not doing back to back but will be asking folk to leave for a few hours .

The footballs done my head in tonight .

Sorry to all for any confusion reading my post .

• Like 2

Just to clarify. Ships do not do back to back cruises (b2b). Or rather all ships do b2b cruises in that they do one cruise after another!

it refers to passengers who book two cruises, one after the other, on the same ship. Normally these passengers can stay on board for "changeover day". But in this case they are being asked to leave the ship so fumigation can take place more effectively without risk to said passengers.

• Like 1

I Hope the Ventura's deep clean has gone well in Tenerife today and 

gets the Noro back  to hopefully a healthier ship.

I have just had read out to me about a family of four who three of them took ill.

They say they were looked after really well by the ships staff and went onto say 

once out and about ,the cleaning by the ships staff were very good .

They said that one family member walked  into a public toilet and found a cubicle 

had been used and from the look of it .."Had let loose from both ends " and it was

everywhere .

Staff had put a bit of tape around said cubicle and to their amazement letting 

folk use cubicles either side ,rather than isolate the whole area .

I  guess this is undoing a lot of the good work done by other crew .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

I Hope the Ventura's deep clean has gone well in Tenerife today and 

gets the Noro back  to hopefully a healthier ship.

I have just had read out to me about a family of four who three of them took ill.

They say they were looked after really well by the ships staff and went onto say 

once out and about ,the cleaning by the ships staff were very good .

They said that one family member walked  into a public toilet and found a cubicle 

had been used and from the look of it .."Had let loose from both ends " and it was

everywhere .

Staff had put a bit of tape around said cubicle and to their amazement letting 

folk use cubicles either side ,rather than isolate the whole area .

I  guess this is undoing a lot of the good work done by other crew .

But you wont catch Novo by going to the toilet in the cubicle next door to an.....explosion.

5 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

But you wont catch Novo by going to the toilet in the cubicle next door to an.....explosion.

I would not like to find out to be honest but I'd rather stick to our own cabin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

Still talking nonsense - Sources of Airborne Norovirus in Hospital Outbreaks - PMC (nih.gov)

In conclusion, this study provides additional evidence that airborne NoV can be present in concentrations that are high enough to cause infections, and in particle size fractions that remain airborne for long periods and are easily inhaled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

Still talking nonsense - Sources of Airborne Norovirus in Hospital Outbreaks - PMC (nih.gov)

In conclusion, this study provides additional evidence that airborne NoV can be present in concentrations that are high enough to cause infections, and in particle size fractions that remain airborne for long periods and are easily inhaled.

Quite literally as someone is vomiting or for a short time.....VERY short time....afterwards.

The cruise ship knows the score.
As do nurses.

4 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

The cruise ship knows the score.

Given the amount of norovirus rampaging around the ships at the moment, they are not exactly demonstrating it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Given the amount of norovirus rampaging around the ships at the moment, they are not exactly demonstrating it.

It isnt their fault.

They cant control people to the extent of eradicating all bugs and germs.
If it were that easy, we wouldn't have any.

Some friends of ours  who were on Ventura in May told us that they talked to passengers who had Norovirus on the cushion but they didn't recover quickly.. The ship's Dr did more tests which came back as positive for Hep A. They had caught this on the ship. 

3 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Some friends of ours  who were on Ventura in May told us that they talked to passengers who had Norovirus on the cushion but they didn't recover quickly.. The ship's Dr did more tests which came back as positive for Hep A. They had caught this on the ship. 

It is highly unlikely that the hep a was contracted on board as it has a two to six week incubation period.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've been vaccinated against Hep A.  I thought most people were?

Hep A lasts 25 years, it used to be 10 and that is what it states on our vaccine card. We will ask for a booster next year s we are going around South America in 2025 which will be 25 years since our last Hep A jab

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

That's useful to know.  I am only reporting what I was told. 

This is common with P&O (possibly all cruise lines) passengers. "I was ill on board therefore it is their fault". Never let the truth (scientific facts) spoil a good story (insurance/law claim).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

We went to Costa Rica many years ago, maybe that's why we had it.

Most likely Jean. We had the Hep A vaccine and the booster a year later when travelling to the far east.

I don't think for one moment that P&O use contaminated water.

Avril

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I've been vaccinated against Hep A.  I thought most people were?

I haven’t, not a vaccine routine given by the NHS, if you need it for travel, then you have to pay. My son had to have it when he travelled to India for work, cost was £60, work reimbursed him. 

12 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I haven’t, not a vaccine routine given by the NHS, if you need it for travel, then you have to pay. My son had to have it when he travelled to India for work, cost was £60, work reimbursed him. 

The Hepatitis A Vaccination is free on the NHS booked through your GP. If you choose to use a travel clinic you will pay as that is a private service.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Devon born and bred said:

The Hepatitis A Vaccination is free on the NHS booked through your GP. If you choose to use a travel clinic you will pay as that is a private service.

Ours were free on the NHS, as well as typhoid and cholera.

Avril

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I very much doubt that.

• Like 1