Door Magnets

Thanks for the replies.  I googled it and it said Royal loves for you to decorate your door.  

I ordered magnet decorations from Amazon and bought extras for the gift exchange.

I have been on over 15 cruises and NEVER decorated the door.  Of course, I only cruised with my husband.  This time is with my daughter and she thought it would be fun!  I think it will be a lot easier to find your stateroom, too!

• Like 2

Yes definitely makes it easier to find your room! I always do door magnets. Sometimes I do something elaborate, like handmade signs for each stop on the itinerary. I’ve put up whiteboards or even post it notes for random people to leave us messages on the door (people are usually just silly with the messages)!  Sometimes I just grab a random magnet from the fridge and toss it in my suitcase. I’ve been lucky to never have something stolen. 

• Like 2

We always hang a sign from magnets on our door.  It helps us find our way home.  

Interestingly, in Australia and NZ, it’s not a thing.  We were about the only ones that did so. 

Have fun, just don’t use tape, only magnets. 

• Like 1

We've done it for a while. Also got a magnetic whiteboard for the random messages from passersby. So far they've been pretty clean. hehe..Fun to see what gets written. 

Just bring a magnet you don't mind losing.  We had one that "disappeared" for about four days.  The room attendant could tell my wife was upset about its disappearance and had put out an all points bulletin to the other room attendants.  Eventually, it was seen in a cabin about 25 doors down.  Although the room attendant couldn't do anything, we did go knock and ask if they had seen one and it was the "oh, we saw it on the ground and so picked it up..." excuse...  Although customer service was nice, they said they couldn't really do anything, even though there was a camera literally right out side our door and you could have seen everyting.  They couldn't/wouldn't spend the man hours to review the tape even though we had narrowed it down to between 1:00 a.m. and about 7:00 a.m on a particular day, so would have take all of about 15 minutes to fast forward to see, but I don't blame them.  We got it back in the end, so all was good.

• Like 1

My wife loves to lay in the sun, be it on a beach or the deck of a cruise ship. I don't enjoy just lying there, baking. So, on a cruise ship, I walk every deck of the ship from bow to stern. I do this for exercise and to look at the decorations in the hallways and on cabin doors. In my experience, walking every hall of every deck, I would estimate that about 30% - 35% of cabin doors have some sort of decoration on them.