Suite/Concierge Lounge Host Plans Tours and Special Events

In the past, we've had many Concierge/Suite Lounge Hosts plan ship tours, chocolate events and wine/hors d'oeuvres nights.  Are these a thing of the past?  We just returned from a Jewel of the Seas cruise and there was nothing but the evening Happy Hour for suite guests.  

We have found that if we ask the Suite Concierge for something special (like a bridge or galley tour), they will "shop" it to their other suite guests and if there is enough interest they will try to arrange it with the brass. I would imagine they could arrange a chocolate event or wine/hors d'oeuvres night if you wrote the request on a blank check, but otherwise, those days are long gone.😇

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The suite reception hasn't returned since the restart. 

I thought we had just missed the invite when on Explorer last, that is a shame if the suite lunch/event is gone for good.

23 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I thought we had just missed the invite when on Explorer last, that is a shame if the suite lunch/event is gone for good.

I've never heard of a suite lunch.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Depends on the ship.  The larger ships have at least two suite concierges and more suites and activities.  Perhaps not Jewel?

We've had events on Anthem and Allure. The best chocolate evening was on Brilliance.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We have found that if we ask the Suite Concierge for something special (like a bridge or galley tour), they will "shop" it to their other suite guests and if there is enough interest they will try to arrange it with the brass. I would imagine they could arrange a chocolate event or wine/hors d'oeuvres night if you wrote the request on a blank check, but otherwise, those days are long gone.😇

I don't want to ask for events as other concierges took the initiative to make the suite experience special.  

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

In the past, we've had many Concierge/Suite Lounge Hosts plan ship tours, chocolate events and wine/hors d'oeuvres nights.  Are these a thing of the past?  We just returned from a Jewel of the Seas cruise and there was nothing but the evening Happy Hour for suite guests.  

Have never had any of these on any ship!?!

30 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I don't want to ask for events as other concierges took the initiative to make the suite experience special.  

That level of initiative is long gone. If you want them to do anything off script, you'll have to ask - and hope. If you think they will do anything special spontaneously - isn't going to happen.

Just now, orville99 said:

That level of initiative is long gone. If you want them to do anything off script, you'll have to ask - and hope. If you think they will do anything special spontaneously - isn't going to happen.

It varies by concierge, but this is not a true blanket statement.

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Have never had any of these on any ship!?!

Haven't seen any of these types of things happen in more than a dozen years on any RCL ship.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

It varies by concierge, but this is not a true blanket statement.

We have usually had luck with bridge tour requests, somewhat less luck with galley tour requests, but expecting an RCL Suite concierge to offer or agree to anything beyond that ain't gonna happen unless you are in a Star suite and you go through your Genie.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

They will be sitting at their desk. If they arent busy they will talk to you if you have a request, or you can write down your  name and sit and they will call you up next.

Like I asked for bogo which is a D+ perk. They said no to both wonderland and izumi sushi side (yes I know izumi hibachi excluded, says nothing about either wonderland or izumi sushi which I pointed out). 

After 5 times back and forth 3 weeks on ship, as a special favor the concierge granted it but made it clear special favor which I read as TIP ME.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Haven't seen any of these types of things happen in more than a dozen years on any RCL ship.

We definitely did lunch with officers, i think that would only be on ships without a CK, but it’s been several years since we sailed a non oasis ship.

1 minute ago, George C said:

We definitely did lunch with officers, i think that would only be on ships without a CK, but it’s been several years since we sailed a non oasis ship.

Lunch with officers disappeared post restart.😇

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Lunch with officers disappeared post restart.😇

We had Lunch with Officers on our Jewel sailing last week.  We didn't go as we were dining in Chops with UDP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

I've never heard of a suite lunch.

We have had them a few times on Navigator and Adventure over the years. Lunch in a private area set up for all suite guests to attend if they wanted to with some officers milling about and a bar set up. The last one on Adventure I recall had some offerings from the speciality restaurants served.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had Cheers with Officers on our Jewel sailing last week.  We didn't go as we were dining in Chops with UDP. 

You didn't miss much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tin can said:

We have had them a few times on Navigator and Adventure over the years. Lunch in a private area set up for all suite guests to attend if they wanted to with some officers milling about and a bar set up. The last one on Adventure I recall had some offerings from the speciality restaurants served.

I remember on last one we went too all the speciality restaurants offered food for the lunch, also on Navigator.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

We had Lunch with Officers on our Jewel sailing last week.  We didn't go as we were dining in Chops with UDP. 

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

13 minutes ago, George C said:

I remember on last one we went too all the speciality restaurants offered food for the lunch, also on Navigator.

We must be sailing on a different astral plain than everyone else. I just went back and added up all the cruises we have taken in full suites since the restart (33 in total) and we have never seen, or been offered a lunch with officers, just the Cheers with an Officer Pinnacle lunch.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We must be sailing on a different astral plain than everyone else. I just went back and added up all the cruises we have taken in full suites since the restart (33 in total) and we have never seen, or been offered a lunch with officers, just the Cheers with an Officer Pinnacle lunch.

The Lunch with Officers on our Jewel sailing was from the C&A 340 points perk.

The Lunch with Officers on our Jewel sailing was from the C&A 340 points perk.

It sounds like that would have been the D+ Cheers with an Officer -which  has nothing to do with suites.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Me too!

• Like 1