Fort Lauderdale hotels

Can you recommend me a few hotels in Fort Lauderdale near the cruise port and with maybe a few restaurants and mall nearby as long as they r clean and the area seems ok   Thanks 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There are many good ones with a range of prices. If you use google maps for FLL and search hotels in the area, dozens will be shown. Within a few miles of the airport they are all in decent areas and you can recognize the brands to make a choice.  This will also show restaurants in the area. Many have port shuttles and Uber / Lyft are prolific in that area. Just a suggestion for searching options.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kcmellons said:

Can you recommend me a few hotels in Fort Lauderdale near the cruise port and with maybe a few restaurants and mall nearby as long as they r clean and the area seems ok   Thanks 

Hello @Kcmellons

Thank you for your new thread. However, it was posted on an incorrect forum and was off topic there. To help you out, your inquiry has been moved to the North American Homeports - Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Hyatt Place. Next door to the Harbor shopping center with a Publix market, restaurants and shopping. Our favorite pre/post hotel great location and just a few minutes from FLL and the port.

Try booking (depending on your dates) using ValueTrips.

• Thanks 1

There are also several hotels near Dania beach mall. We are staying next month at Hyatt House and there is a Hyatt place there also.  Should be able to walk to several restaurants. Take a look at it on Google maps. There may be one or two more hotels there also.  The Hyatts are next to each other and about 15 minutes from the airport and the port. I believe the airport shuttle is free, the hotel advertises a for-fee port shuttle, but Uber may be cheaper.

• Like 1

We have been t Hyatt Place on se10th.st. well over 10 times now. We love the hotel, location, places to eat within 1-3 blocks. 1/2 mile to the port, 2 miles from the airport. Never had a bad stay  there.

We are huge fans of Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. We have stayed in Fort Lauderdale probably 12+ times for cruises but only discovered Riverside a few years ago. The staff, the location, the restaurants, are all fantastic. The rooms are not modernity furnished. They more so fit the era of the hotel which is fantastic to me, very charming. Everything is super clean. The pool was great. There’s a Whole Foods and a CVS within walking distance. There are probably 50-100 restaurants in walking distance. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It’s a 10 out of 10. It’s the only place we will stay when sailing out of FLL or MIA. Wishing the OP a great trip! 

On 6/16/2024 at 9:22 AM, knbcruisers said:

There are also several hotels near Dania beach mall. We are staying next month at Hyatt House and there is a Hyatt place there also.  Should be able to walk to several restaurants. Take a look at it on Google maps. There may be one or two more hotels there also.  The Hyatts are next to each other and about 15 minutes from the airport and the port. I believe the airport shuttle is free, the hotel advertises a for-fee port shuttle, but Uber may be cheaper.

I also really like the area around Dania Pointe, shopping and a ton of restaurants withing easy walking

• Like 2

Does anyone have any feedback/reviews on 

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise. I’m considering it for a pre-cruise one night stay. They offer complimentary airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast and $15 per person cruise shuttle. FLL and the cruise terminal are within 10-15 minutes away. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

On 6/16/2024 at 9:22 AM, knbcruisers said:

There is a Cuban restaurant nearby that is WONDERFUL!  We have actually talked about flying down for a few days to eat at this restaurant. Lol

9 hours ago, lounger said:

Does anyone have any feedback/reviews on 

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise. I’m considering it for a pre-cruise one night stay. They offer complimentary airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast and $15 per person cruise shuttle. FLL and the cruise terminal are within 10-15 minutes away. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

What is the address? There are quite a few around Fll.  Holiday Inn Express hotels are our usual hotels. We stayed in the Harbor shop area, 1500 Se17, 2-3 times per year before Covid and liked the hotel and the area (Total Wine).  Watch out for big conventions going on or beach parties tying up traffic.  Our cruise line sent out a traffic warning for the north entrance last March because of a Yoga Convention and some beach Spring Break thing.   The last few years we have been staying in the Dania Point/ Beach areas at the AC or Hyatt Hotels.  We stayed at a day stay 6 hour post cruise stay at Holiday Inn express Fll West in Davies in March and will never go there again.   Industrial/commercial area, Dirty pool, crowded lobby and old room needing an update. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2024 at 9:02 PM, Elaine5715 said:

I also really like the area around Dania Pointe, shopping and a ton of restaurants withing easy walking

We are driving to POM, but prefer to stay in FLL area and drive the hour or so to POM the morning of the cruise. We are booked at the Cambria Hotel in the Dania Point area - better prices and a better area. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:42 PM, lounger said:

The address for this particular Holiday  Inn Express is 1150 State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33315

Canceled this reservation after researching the area and reading reviews. We upgraded to Le Meriden Ft Lauderdale Dania Beach . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simplelife said:

We are driving to POM, but prefer to stay in FLL area and drive the hour or so to POM the morning of the cruise. We are booked at the Cambria Hotel in the Dania Point area - better prices and a better area. 

I would like to hear your opinion of this hotel.  I have tried the Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden Inn so far.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

How was the Hilton?

The location was great, room very clean, airport shuttle quick. Bed very comfy. The hotel was a little worn in the main areas.  Employees were friendly.  There was a small breakfast area (paid) that was far too busy so I went elsewhere.  I'm not a pool person but people were out there and it looked nice.  Gym area was small but I was the only one there.   I would stay here again.  

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (4).jpg

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (5).jpg

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (6).jpg

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 2