Juice Bar New Menu

8 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

FYI to me this is false advertising - the website reflects fresh juices and smoothies.  I’m aboard the grand and neither exists.  The  smoothies are not a thing and the only juices are concentrated sugar water from a Lara powdered juice machine.

IMG_0915.png

So sad no real juice on the Grand. Thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

The only way to get Princess to change or eliminate the juice bars is little or no demand. 

I suspect the only people who ordered the juices had a drink package.  Not ordering it now just increases the profit margin. If it’s as bad as @cusematt4 says, I’ll be letting someone know. The fresh pressed juices were a big draw for me. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MacMadame said:

People have reported on CC that it can sometimes be hard to find the juice bar and that it's not open all the time.

It’s been found and replaced.  Confirmed with the grand staff that all ships have been transitioned from fresh juices and smoothies to the concentrated sugar water Lara “juice” machines and no more smoothies.

Posted (edited)

I was never cruising for the juice.  It sounds like it’s been degraded. I am not bothered. 

Currently sailing on Enchanted and I wouldn’t even know where to look. 

The coffee at the IC remains excellent. I would be upset if that had been degraded. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I was never cruising for the juice.  It sounds like it’s been degraded. I am not bothered. 

Currently sailing on Enchanted and I wouldn’t even know where to look. 

The coffee at the IC remains excellent. I would be upset if that had been degraded. 

My favorite was The Nutter.  I would have a double every day.  As for coffee, I have never had a cup of coffee on any cruise ship.  I just do not like coffee,

Juice bar is alive and well on Enchanted this morning. My pictures aren’t uploading at the moment but it’s a big Waring juicer and 5 varieties. I tried the Antioxidant. It would have been better with ice but it was okay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the ridiculous new Lara juice is a combination of all of those juices, or if you can get one with only orange? I’m allergic to one of the other ingredients so the juice would have zero incentive for me if you can only get it as a mix of ingredients. I loved going every morning to get my freshly squeezed orange juice at the real juice bar last spring. This is a real downgrade. 

On 6/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, BamaVol said:

Juice bar is alive and well on Enchanted this morning. My pictures aren’t uploading at the moment but it’s a big Waring juicer and 5 varieties. I tried the Antioxidant. It would have been better with ice but it was okay. 

On 6/20/2024 at 11:45 AM, BamaVol said:

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

@BamaVol - Your pictures seem to be from the buffet.

I'm wondering if it might still be possible to get fresh juice from the buffet instead of the juice bar.

(Not the concoctions Princess advertises , just fresh juice - orange or grapefruit, etc.)

1 hour ago, chamima said:

@BamaVol - Your pictures seem to be from the buffet.

I'm wondering if it might still be possible to get fresh juice from the buffet instead of the juice bar.

(Not the concoctions Princess advertises , just fresh juice - orange or grapefruit, etc.)

The juice making operation was indeed set up in the middle of the buffet. There may have been another somewhere on Enchanted but I didn’t see it. 

if you need to avoid one ingredient, it might not be possible. I did not see the equipment cleaned out between different juice creations. But it never hurts to ask. 

I did have to give my cabin number to a crew member who wrote it in a notebook. I’m not sure if there would be an extra charge for something special. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

The juice making operation was indeed set up in the middle of the buffet. There may have been another somewhere on Enchanted but I didn’t see it. 

if you need to avoid one ingredient, it might not be possible. I did not see the equipment cleaned out between different juice creations. But it never hurts to ask. 

I did have to give my cabin number to a crew member who wrote it in a notebook. I’m not sure if there would be an extra charge for something special. 

For at least the last ten years we've ordered fresh squeezed juice (orange and/or grapefruit) at breakfast

(in the dining room) and the waiter always asks for our cabin number. This was still accurate as of Oct. 2023.

We've had some form of drink package since they came out and think the fresh squeezed juice at breakfast to be one of the best perks of that package.

So I'm wondering if that will still be possible or if gets tossed in cost cutting. 😢