Dining reservations

negn

30 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

They are going back to adding Traditional dining. One MDR will be Anytime, another Traditional with the set times.

Thanks. So there is still anytime dining (even before this newest iteration)? 

43 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Pardon my ignorance but we haven’t cruise since last year. How is the new policy different than what is being done presently for voyages before September 14th? Is there not anytime dining already?

From my Princess April email:

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

From my Princess April email:

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

It's been a while since we've done traditional dining. Do you recall the seating times?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

State an implementation date 2 months in advance but don’t achieve it and there’s nothing but silence from Princess…how is that ”all about the guest”???

Two months is a long time. I think Princess just forgot about it. 

Edited by billco
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, billco said:

Two months is a long time. I think Princess just forgot about it. 

Maybe you actually found the correct answer to why so many non communication issues. Princess being an older cruise line is have senior moments and just forgetting. 😂

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

It's been a while since we've done traditional dining. Do you recall the seating times?

Those seatings were generally 5:00 to 5:45 for early and 7:30 to 8:15 for late. I believe the times are based on how the maitre’d and the CD work together to coordinate their schedules for the evening Princess Theater performances.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, Got this on twitter

image.png.ffad3de453db1ce6c269ee34ba81b72d.png

So no need to keep checking.,  

Did this come from the Princess account?

40 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, Got this on twitter

image.png.ffad3de453db1ce6c269ee34ba81b72d.png

So no need to keep checking.,  

Apparently they haven’t declassified that information yet for release to the general public. 🤪

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Apparently they haven’t declassified that information yet for release to the general public. 🤪

Or they assume that those of us not on Twitter are too old to notice that June 17 has come and gone. 😁

• Haha 5

I just received an email from Princess. How hard was this?

Dear Valued Princess Guest: 

We wanted to inform you of a change regarding our main dining reservations. Due to an unanticipated delay in finalizing our app update, the ability to book reservations has been delayed. The new date for reservations is now set for July 1.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience. 

As previously announced, starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet to three table service options: 

Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

Thank you for your continued support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

How hard was this?

Apparently, very hard--to draft and send an email informing booked passengers of the delay (day late and a dollar short) and to update the App to be able to handle the new dining system.

• Like 1

Me too.  Glad they are sending out emails to guests.

We wanted to inform you of a change regarding our main dining reservations. Due to an unanticipated delay in finalizing our app update, the ability to book reservations has been delayed. The new date for reservations is now set for July 1.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience. 

As previously announced, starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet to three table service options: 

Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

44 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Must be the same people that were overseeing the Sun Princess build. 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks, ours just came in too. 

Once again, the message does not mention whether you need to have made final payment to choose your dining style. I now you have to currently, to make any kind of dining reservations, but nothing about what the new system will be like. 

Due to German law, our final payment date is 30 days before the cruise instead of 90 days, so I'd like to know if I need to pay two months in advance just to choose an early sitting in the MDR (I'm not interested in booking any speciality dining).