Dining reservations

negn

I wonder what happens if we book 500 set dining but show up at 5:20-5:30?

(I can get a table for 2 in set dining but only shared in other room…)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LynnSD said:

What do you mean by set dining? Do you mean traditional? Do you mean reservable and is your cruise before September 15, 2024 or after?
Are you at a shared table or a private table?

All of this has different answers. 

I don’t think anyone knows what would happen exactly if you showed up a half an hour later than you are scheduled, too many variables in what you asked. But if you are at a shared table, it would be rude to the waiters and the people waiting for you to show up. It gets the servers and wait staff all off on flow & how they take orders, etc. 

If I understand-you are able make a reservation for two people in traditional dining at 5 PM and sit at a private table and you want to show up 20 minutes to a half an hour late ,I guess that would depend on talking to your server/ dining room manager on the first night and find out if that is acceptable .

So you really want to dine at 5:20pm or 530pm at a private table, but you don’t see any reservations available in the dining room that you want? Am I understanding that correctly? 
Depending on when your cruise is, just keep trying to book your first choice ,openings may happen.

There is a walk-in restaurant available after September 15, 2024, and you could just show up at 5:30 PM and ask for a private table. Yes you potentially may have to wait for a table depending on how busy the restaurant/dining room is. No one knows at this time or probably even nightly how long your wait would be.

or do you want 5 pm traditional dining at a shared table and only a private table is available?

Edited by arizonaperson

Thanks for the explanation , I was frustrated…. We just booked an October cruise on Emerald Princess and I haven’t dealt with this before.  

Actually the app is not letting me make any reservations today so I’m just going to try again tomorrow!

Posted (edited)

@LynnSD

This is what I show for the

Emerald Princess -2024 & 2025

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

Botticelli is reservable every 20 minute time slots

DA Vinci walk-in

If this is different on your app or your Web version, just let me know. This is what you should be able to book or reserve. Is this for October 2024 or October 2025?

Keep trying ,lots of people have been able to make dinner reservations through the app ( someone also said make sure you’re fully checked in meaning you put in a credit card ,you’ve made sure your birthday is correct. You’ve gone through all the steps to be ocean ready )and or the Web version where you sign into your cruise Personalizer and put your booking number in.

I do believe some have said once you get into the Web version or the app -select the dining room first, then the time ,and then private or shared table. Not sure if that sequence matters or not, but that’s what some have said.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, LynnSD said:

Please do get a table for two so you don't bother the others at your table.  Perhaps you don't care if they are inconvenienced but I'll bet you would be annoyed if the tables (so to speak) were turned.  You will also find yourself rushed to eat since they will clear the dining room before the late seating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LynnSD said:

Thanks for the explanation , I was frustrated…. We just booked an October cruise on Emerald Princess and I haven’t dealt with this before.  

Actually the app is not letting me make any reservations today so I’m just going to try again tomorrow!

Are you elite or paid in full ?  Usually one or the other is required before reserving dining times

I have seen mention that Princess may cancel your dining reservation if you have not arrived within 20 min.

How strictly they will stick to that might vary.  By ship, dining room, or even by that specific evening.

If you have a private table for two, at a reserved time, and you are running too late,  you could end up having to go get in line at the walk-in dining room.

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

Are you elite or paid in full ?  Usually one or the other is required before reserving dining times

I see quite a few posts from passengers that were able to book their dinner reservations and they are a first time Princess cruiser, so therefore ,not elite, not platinum & they are not paid in full.
 I’ve also seen some that say they tried on their phone -the app and it says they have to be paid in full and then they go to the web version and they’re able to make dinner reservations. So who knows at this point what is really required?

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I have seen mention that Princess may cancel your dining reservation if you have not arrived within 20 min.

How strictly they will stick to that might vary.  By ship, dining room, or even by that specific evening.

If you have a private table for two, at a reserved time, and you are running too late,  you could end up having to go get in line at the walk-in dining room.

And of course you meal choices could change as well if you're cruising on the Sun or the Star since the walk in is Americana Diner, which has a different menu.

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I see quite a few posts from passengers that were able to book their dinner reservations and they are a first time Princess cruiser, so therefore ,not elite, not platinum & they are not paid in full.
 I’ve also seen some that say they tried on their phone -the app and it says they have to be paid in full and then they go to the web version and they’re able to make dinner reservations. So who knows at this point what is really required?

It's a cluster.  We have reservations on the Enchanted for April 2025 as well as August 2025.  We're Ruby.  Tried to make a reservation on the app for the April sailing.  It said no go, you're not paid in full or platinum or elite.  Tried the web version on my phone and couldn't get it to go through.  Tried the web version on my PC and we were able to get everything for the April cruise, but nothing was available yet for August of 2025.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Retired-N-Happy Glad you persevered for April 2025 voyage.

I keep posting, keep trying.
Reservations can be made & are being made for dinner, easy? Some are having issues, some are not.
August 2025 is too far away. Start trying soon for August 2025, only a few more weeks until August. Try at the beginning of August 2024 ,if can’t get dinner reservations at that time wait until a day after your actual embarkation date ,but in 2024 & see if that helps.

Is this correct for your April 2025 voyage for what you have been able to book for dinner? Thanks.

Enchanted Princess-2024 & 2025

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm ( shared & private tables) & 7:30 pm( private table,no shared)

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm 

Capri- walk in

Edited by arizonaperson

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Retired-N-Happy Glad you persevered for April 2025 voyage.

I keep posting, keep trying.
Reservations can be made & are being made for dinner, easy? Some are having issues, some are not.
August 2025 is too far away. Start trying soon for August 2025, only a few more weeks until August. Try at the beginning of August 2024 ,if can’t get dinner reservations at that time wait until a day after your actual embarkation date ,but in 2024 & see if that helps.

Is this correct for your April 2025 voyage for what you have been able to book for dinner? Thanks.

Enchanted Princess-2024 & 2025

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm ( shared & private tables) & 7:30 pm( private table,no shared)

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm 

Capri- walk in

Yes, we reserved Amalfi private table of two for all 7 nights

• Thanks 1

We are on Emerald in October 2024, just booked it 

I was more successful using the web version.  I was able to reserve a table for 2 in a combination of Michelangelo at 5:00 and Botticelli at 5:20 for most nights.  I also booked 2 specialty nights. 
I’ll keep checking on the other nights, but if I can’t get reservations we’ll just wait and see what the options are.  

Thank you for posting the guidance!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LynnSD said:

Try the web-app

The web app is different to the phone app and the only way I could book anything, the website said to use the app and the app said I did not have status and/or not paid in full. The web-app is very basic but worked just fine.
https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

That suppose to be the way it works but after trying for months now using the app, yesterday I finally called Princess to get them to input my simple request for dining- 5 PM on Sun Princess, same restaurant for the whole trip. Not traditional. Private table. 

After talking to 2 different agents neither of them could get my reservations applied. Their only suggestion was to wait until I'm on the ship & have them input my request.

Basically nothing has changed in over 30 years and now we have to line up to see the Head waiter or MaîtreD on the first day or take our chances in the line without reservations each night.   😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite what Princess has told others, new times do open up. I was on the app at 1015 on the day dining res opened and was only able to get shared tables for our 10/17/24 cruise. Today I was able to switch to a  private table for the majority of the cruise. I figure I was able to book 2/3 of the cruise so hopefully can lock in for whole cruise.

I was able to book what I wanted for our 05/25 and 11/26 cruises. Not paid of course, but Elite. Not sure if either of those matter these days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Despite what Princess has told others, new times do open up. I was on the app at 1015 on the day dining res opened and was only able to get shared tables for our 10/17/24 cruise. Today I was able to switch to a  private table for the majority of the cruise. I figure I was able to book 2/3 of the cruise so hopefully can lock in for whole cruise.

I was able to book what I wanted for our 05/25 and 11/26 cruises. Not paid of course, but Elite. Not sure if either of those matter these days.

Ok so when I go to the app, I only see restaurants (main and specialty), date and time.  I don’t see anything about shared or private tables.  Where are you seeing that?

PS - been trying every day since July 1st and still not able to use the app or website to book main dining

32 minutes ago, 555 said:

That suppose to be the way it works but after trying for months now using the app, yesterday I finally called Princess to get them to input my simple request for dining- 5 PM on Sun Princess, same restaurant for the whole trip. Not traditional. Private table. 

After talking to 2 different agents neither of them could get my reservations applied. Their only suggestion was to wait until I'm on the ship & have them input my request.

Basically nothing has changed in over 30 years and now we have to line up to see the Head waiter or MaîtreD on the first day or take our chances in the line without reservations each night.   😡

But isn’t that just early dining in the traditional dining room with a private table? 

52 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

But isn’t that just early dining in the traditional dining room with a private table? 

I prefer non traditional where you can sit in various tables each night throughout the DR. 

Whereas traditional is a dedicated table/wait staff for the whole cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 9:41 AM, ziggyuk said:

The web app is a copy of the app that is loaded in a browser.
In my case (maybe because I'm new to Princess, or maybe because I'm not paid in full) I can't book dining on the phone app or website.
Only the web app works for me:
https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

OK still no luck for me.  Only option via both avenues is Michelango 5;00 and 7:20 p.m.  Botticelli and DaVinci says no time slots available. 

2 hours ago, 555 said:

We're in the same boat regarding our Halloween sailing on the Sun.  We want a table like yours at 540 that is scooter accessible.  We'll have to figure it out on board.  Don't know if it'll be a line on day one to see the MaitreD or a phone call that you usually make on board for the specialty reservations.

Luckily a few weeks ago the 2025 bookings opened up on the Sun and our 14 days in January is locked in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Don't know if it'll be a line on day one to see the MaitreD or a phone call that you usually make on board for the specialty reservations.

If there are a many people as I think there are (due to their terrible app) the line will be horrendous. 

You better call immediately after boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

PS - been trying every day since July 1st and still not able to use the app or website to book main dining

The schematic is different if you're using the app versus using the web version.  I tried the web version on my Android and it wouldn't go through.  But on my PC it did allow us to make March 2025 reservations on the Enchanted.  It wouldn't allow August 2025 on the Enchanted.

There is no rhyme or reason why it is the way it is.  It's frustrating that Princess is not following their own rules.  You should either be Platinum or above or paid off to reserve.  It's a perk that you have earned.  The fact that first time Princess cruisers can use the web version and reserve ahead of time defeats the purpose of having the perk for loyal customers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paddingtonbear said:

Not necessarily.  If you want DMW at 500 on level 7 instead of early traditional at 500 on level 6 on the Sun, that's your option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 555 said:

If there are a many people as I think there are (due to their terrible app) the line will be horrendous. 

You better call immediately after boarding. 

That's what I'm planning on doing.  I just hope that the person I'm talking to has a map of the dining room.  My DW uses a scooter, so we can't be sat on one of the two tips that are lined up in a row.  We had a two top that was by itself on our previous Discovery and Majestic cruises.

• Like 1