Dining reservations

negn

11 minutes ago, DuaneO said:

The app shows me a Platinum and I’m an Elite.  

I had that on a cruise in November.  They told me it was a bug and not to worry.  And when I showed up at the port, they indeed had the correct medallion. 

13 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

It was definitely 5pm and 7:30pm for October on Caribbean Princess. I was able to book all nights in Coral dining room for a specific time. It was very easy. 

Want to know what you had to did to be able to book dining for Oct?  I am waiting to book for Sept 26, 2024 on the Ruby, Elite and paid in full.

Edited by phabric

16 minutes ago, DuaneO said:

I’ve given up on the “App”, useless to a guest.  The app shows me a Platinum and I’m an Elite.  I tried to contact Princess three times since May, tried virtually every day to book dinner reservations, until my wife told me the July 1 date (but I continued… I don’t trust software folks).  And the many other issues of the app like an ! On our mediation order we purchased the mail option and ordered the blasted things the same day we booked the trip.

again in the call I made, they told me not to worry!?!

what’s going on princess?

On the app having your loyalty level wrong, I think that could be a problem for you if they ever get the reservations open. The app had mine wrong, and that caused me to not get the 50% discount on wifi. I got that fixed, so we'll see how that goes. And, of course, your mileage might vary.

I was able to book 8 out of 12 nights for an October 2024 cruise.  it errored randomly on 4 nights, will try those again later.  This was Caribbean Princess which showed on mid ship dining room traditional, one mid-ship with zero availability (for walk ups I guess) and the Palm in the aft for anytime reserved.

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. So based on your “From elsewhere” source, no one other that Platinums and Elites will be able to book Early Fixed Seating, for example, until they have paid for their cruise. 

Yes, that has always been the case, well sorta, since they went to the new app.  What I find interesting is that we can't book with our friends who are not Plat/Elite.  I thought I could in the past.  

1 minute ago, suekel said:

Yes, that has always been the case, well sorta, since they went to the new app.  What I find interesting is that we can't book with our friends who are not Plat/Elite.  I thought I could in the past.  

That’s cool, if that’s always been the rule. Just curious, though. Has the Early and Late Fixed Seating ever been an option since the App was introduced?

I was just able to book dining for Discovery in November. Juneau (deck 5 mid) is Traditional Dining at 5:00 and 7:30, Ketchikan (dec 6 aft) is reservations and Skagway (deck 6 mid) is walk-in.

I used the app.

Edited by Dee_Jay
  • Like 2

Okay, GTY is able to book.

Four of our bookings are GTY. - separate cabins, two voyages.

Two of our bookings we have a stateroom number  - separate cabins one voyage.

We were able to reserve fixed dining time and link reservations. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dee_Jay said:

I was just able to book dining for Discovery in November. Juneau (deck 5 mid) is Traditional Dining at 5:00 and 7:30, Ketchikan (dec 6 aft) is reservations and Skagway (deck 6 mid) is walk-in.

I used the app.

So you can mix and match? Well what’s the point of traditional then if it’s not the same table, wait staff, people every night? Seems like just another reservation. I figured if you chose traditional, that’s it. 

• Like 2

Just now, FLAlaska said:

So you can mix and match? Well what’s the point of traditional then if it’s not the same table, wait staff, people every night? Seems like just another reservation. I figured if you chose traditional, that’s it. 

I booked with reservations, so I don't know what would happen if I tried to book Traditional on some nights and Reservations on others.

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

Wonder if they are rolling out dining by ship.  I have seen people able to  booked for Caribbean and Discovery

All our bookings are on Discovery Princess and we've successfully made dining reservations for them. 

We were able to link other guests with a different booking number too. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Well, I'm getting something different in the app now. Now it's tell me "Can't load the content" instead of telling me there are no reservations available. Is this progress? 🤣

I'm getting that, too. Also got an internal server error. The team must be under the hood.

Yes the external app access using princess’s web site under checkin works.  But the first night the private table seem unavailable. There after it’s wide open.  So booked without the use of the app.  Now works!

good luck everyone!

Edited by DuaneO
  • Thanks 1