Fixed Dining on E-Class Ships

We just booked a cruise on an E-Class ship and for the first time do not have confirmed select/ anytime dining. Whilst I know we still can try to change on the ship (fingers crossed) I have a question on how this works with the different restaurants. I know you will be assigned a fixed table at your time (e.g. Late 20:30) at one of the restaurants. But how does that work if you want to dine at one of the other three restaurants (possibility, availability, timing of changes, reservations, etc.)? 

Appreciate any light anyone can share on this. Thanks in advance and happy sailing. 

My understanding is that E class ships don't actually have fixed dining time. It's all Celebrity Select in the main dining rooms.

36 minutes ago, Bernd_ffm said:

how does that work if you want to dine at one of the other three restaurants

Show up where you want when you want and they will feed you.

Yep.....you can go to any of the four "main dining rooms" on the E-class ships at any time.  It's actually one thing I really like about the E-class ships!

11 hours ago, Bernd_ffm said:

We just booked a cruise on an E-Class ship and for the first time do not have confirmed select/ anytime dining. Whilst I know we still can try to change on the ship (fingers crossed) I have a question on how this works with the different restaurants. I know you will be assigned a fixed table at your time (e.g. Late 20:30) at one of the restaurants.

not on e class ships.  Even though it looks that way on your booking and on the app, you will likely find that it’s all Open seating

On 6/18/2024 at 6:53 AM, Spudd said:

My understanding is that E class ships don't actually have fixed dining time. It's all Celebrity Select in the main dining rooms.

For awhile there was no fixed dining on E class ships.  However recent cruisers on E class ships with traditional fixed dining have reported that they were assigned a dining room, table and had the same wait staff every night at the same time.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

For awhile there was no fixed dining on E class ships.  However recent cruisers on E class ships with traditional fixed dining have reported that they were assigned a dining room, table and had the same wait staff every night at the same time.  

Any idea how this than worked with trying the different restaurants? 

2 hours ago, Bernd_ffm said:

You're welcome to order from the few items unique to each restaurant regardless of which of the other MDRs you're assigned to. The rest of the menu is the same. Just a few things differ.

The only reason to change dining rooms is for different decor.  Everything on all 4 menus is available on each of the dining rooms.

I think if you want to visit another you can speak to the MaitreD who can arrange it.  Obviously your wait staff would be different and your table size and location in the other MDR my not be similar.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

This is what I’m hoping for (have early fixed booked) which is what we want.  On edge in July and will report back.

1 hour ago, Bernd_ffm said:

thanks for your replies. If this works out as you explained that's great news.

Yes it’s strange. We were allocated late dining on our recent cruise on the Ascent(just 3 weeks ago). I wanted Anytime and so went on the Waiting List.

Once onboard there was a note in our room saying there was no fixed dining and we could go to any restaurant at any time, which I was happy about.

I wonder if it is different on different Edge Class ships, or sailings.

8 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

Yes it’s strange. We were allocated late dining on our recent cruise on the Ascent(just 3 weeks ago). I wanted Anytime and so went on the Waiting List.

Once onboard there was a note in our room saying there was no fixed dining and we could go to any restaurant at any time, which I was happy about.

I wonder if it is different on different Edge Class ships, or sailings.

I’m wondering if it makes sense to just show up at the earliest dining time (which I want) in the dining room I want and just tell them what I am looking for.

On 6/18/2024 at 6:42 AM, Bernd_ffm said:

We just booked a cruise on an E-Class ship and for the first time do not have confirmed select/ anytime dining.

I have not been on an E class yet, but I have one booked & was assigned a late dining time.  Once you register your cruise, you can go in app and put yourself on a waiting list for anytime dining.  I was moved to anytime dining after about 3 weeks.  

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I’m wondering if it makes sense to just show up at the earliest dining time (which I want) in the dining room I want and just tell them what I am looking for.

See Post #3.

59 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I have not been on an E class yet, but I have one booked & was assigned a late dining time.  Once you register your cruise, you can go in app and put yourself on a waiting list for anytime dining.  I was moved to anytime dining after about 3 weeks.  

It is Anytime Dining on the E-class ships.  We had reservations for different nights and were told on day 1 that it was Anytime Dining for all.  It was a waste of time booking reservations.  So we just showed up when we wanted to dine and ate.  Easy.  

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yes it does. On the first night choose your dining room, and speak with the Maitre d and let them know you prefer early dining and you will have the same table and staff nightly. We did this on the Ascent , eating in Tuscan. When they opened up for dinner, they waved those with early reservations around the line( basically a 2 line system ) those who just showed up had to wait to be seated. We are early eaters so this worked well for us. It was not very well explained to those waiting in line, as they didn't like standing there,while people could actually bypass the line

Cheers

18 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Thanks - Where would I find this in the App? I don't see any option to go on the waiting list. Thanks again for your help. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks - Where would I find this in the App?

It's called "Celebrity Cruises" in the Apple app store.   

The website has the same options.  On the website, log in and on the landing page the top banner will show Celebrity Cruises, My Celebrity Cruise, an itinerary, and 3 icons to the far right.    Click the down arrow next to My Celebrity Cruise and select "Manage Reservation".  Click the down arrow next to the section "Main Dining Seating Time" to see your assignment and options to change it or join waiting lists.

Hopefully this is clear - I can't paste screenshots without revealing my reservation number which would allow someone to hijack my cruise.

Clicking "manage reservation" from other screens do not land on the same page - only the one right after authentication.

Edited by TGfromTX