Upcoming Sales on RC?

Posted (edited)

Hello, does Royal Caribbean tend to offer flash sales and/or OBC on July 4, Labor Day, Black Friday etc?   Thanks.

Dave

Edited by CruseKrazy
typo

23 minutes ago, CruseKrazy said:

Hello, does Royal Caribbean tend to offer flash sales and/or OBC on July 4, Labor Day, Black Friday etc?   Thanks.

Dave

No July 4. But in past got some cruise planner sales on Labor Day, Pasta Day and Black Friday.  However, nothing is guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Yes....no...maybe...anybody's guess. Sometimes the sales aren't always sales either.

Yes, don't trust BOGOF or % off -- look only at the price. 

Also, consider that lately Royal has been offering sales on beverage packages, excursions and other extras -- some pretty decent sales -- but not cruise ticket prices.  

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe. You can cancel and rebuy if it goes lower.

Until the last few days before your cruise.  The positive is that you should consider the price you pay today "the highest you could possibly pay".  The negative is that you have to do the homework yourself -- no one else cares as much about your wallet as you do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Is this the lowest? 

It is until it isn't.  If it fits your budget, buy it and if the price is lower later you can cancel and repurchase at no penalty up to 2 days prior to the cruise.

2 hours ago, nonnie&dgd said:

There’s a sale on dining today

Two weeks ago I paid $122.99 for a 3 night dining package, including gratuities ("normal" sales price it had been for months but decided to go ahead and pull the trigger).  Today, it is on sale for $104.99 plus gratuities.  So, that equals... well heck the new sale price is $123.88...

I will say some of the lunch sales are lower than "normal" sales (but not as good a black friday week + sales....)

12 hours ago, nelblu said:

No July 4. But in past got some cruise planner sales on Labor Day, Pasta Day and Black Friday.  However, nothing is guaranteed. 

Pasta day?

Generally, you will have a "sale" for about 13 days, the price will spike to a rediculous amount for a day, and then the next two-week sale starts (usually at the same price as it was during the previous "sale"). Actual cruise sales can be pretty random and may be gone in an hour or less. Pre-Covid (2012-2019 in particular), my wife and I checked the RC website 4 or 5 times a day, 7 days a week. Over the years, we got some amazing deals (usually very late at night). We learned that if we see a great deal, buy it immediately since it was often anywhere from 10%-40% more just a few hours later. Basically was just RC trying to fill a particular type of room for a specific ship (and some of these were 6+ months in advance so were not last-minute deals). Unfortunately, cruise prices right now are just so crazy expensive (compared to pre-Covid) that we quit looking. Every few weeks we got on the RC website, check prices, nearly faint, and then swear off looking for another 2 weeks. 

As for Holiday related sales, Black friday is probably the biggest one but tends to be limited to drinks/meals/ excursions. I can't remember ever seeing a deal on an actual cruise during one of the Holiday promotions (at least on any of the ships/ports we sales out of).   

8 hours ago, CruseKrazy said:

Pasta day?

Yes, sometime in October there's a Pasta day Celebration in the US.🤣 Last year it was around the week of October 25.

Posted (edited)

I don't know what it is like in the States at the moment but here in the UK we have been getting the usual cruise planner sales but actual cruise purchase sales have been very poor for months now.

Once in a while we would get a genuine promotion offering good per person savings combined with decent OBC, those days seem long gone unfortunately.  

Edited by Tin can

11 hours ago, CruseKrazy said:

Pasta day?

On 11/9/23, I got Jamie's Italian lunch for $14.99/pp when normal sales were about $21.99 and onboard price was $39.99.  I believe that was the national pasta day sale.  The sale only seemed to be for the lunch menu as the dinner price didn't change.

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

On 11/9/23, I got Jamie's Italian lunch for $14.99/pp when normal sales were about $21.99 and onboard price was $39.99.  I believe that was the national pasta day sale.  The sale only seemed to be for the lunch menu as the dinner price didn't change.

The dinner pricing changed during the Black Friday sale at least for Giovanni and Chop's

15 hours ago, CruseKrazy said:

Pasta day?

It is the one day of the year that you should really wear your formal colander to the MDR and leave your resort casual colander in your cabin. And Tommy Bahama colanders are not considered formal. I know some passengers will claim they always wear their casual or Tommy Bahama colanders on Pasta day, but I have seen the maitre d refuse entrance unless one was wearing a proper formal colander.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CruseKrazy said:

So long colanders in the dining room for men.  Are short ones OK in the Windjammer?

I use either a long or short colander to drain my pasta.🤪

Don't forget that dining and drink packages may or may not be advertised including gratuity.  You have to add them to your shopping cart and start the checkout process to verify the actual price.