My AMEX card had a new offer, spend $500 on Celebrity and get $100 back…

On 6/18/2024 at 12:00 PM, chadwickx16 said:

FYI...Amex Offers can only list 100 at a time.  If you don't see the offer you have to add other offers to your card and then logout and log back in for a new batch of offers. I had to add 90 other offers to my card before I was able to see the Celebrity one.

20 hours ago, Sea Dayze said:

Thank you!  Just added 241 offers to my card before it showed up.  Great way to "earn" a little $$ while watching TV!  We'll use the card to make a pmt on our upcoming cruise.

WOW!!! I've added 15 or 20 offers to try and get things like this to pop up but you guys are really pros.

I guess I'll have to work harder. 🤣

It's not currently on any of our Amex cards. We DID get it two years ago so I wonder if somehow they have a record of that and so don't offer it to the same person again.

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

OBC which is purchased is refundable like what you get from the TA.  The trick is either go to guest relations the last night of the sailing and get any remainder in cash OR use a different card (not Amex) when setting up your seapass account.    If the remaining OBC is credited to your Amex then they might claw back the statement credit.

We did that two years ago. Got the offer on one Amex so when I boarded I changed the Amex on file for ship charges to a different one in case there were any refunds.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

WOW!!! I've added 15 or 20 offers to try and get things like this to pop up but you guys are really pros.

I guess I'll have to work harder. 🤣

It's not currently on any of our Amex cards. We DID get it two years ago so I wonder if somehow they have a record of that and so don't offer it to the same person again.

I've used the offer before and got it this time. What cards do you have that you're not seeing it on? Is it the primary card or an authorized user?

And loading many offers isn't all that difficult, especially if you use the Javascript that I posted earlier. Even if you have to do it by hand, my experience was that you can keep clicking in the same place on the screen as offers are loaded.

7 hours ago, chamima said:

We did that two years ago. Got the offer on one Amex so when I boarded I changed the Amex on file for ship charges to a different one in case there were any refunds.

I've posted this before, but if you are expecting a refund from excess OBC, you really don't want it going on any credit card that gives you points or cash back, since you will get negative rewards on the return. Either get the cash the last night, or use a debit card or some credit card that has no rewards program (if you have one, I don't think that I do).

On 6/18/2024 at 5:46 PM, MisterBill99 said:

Not specific to Platinum. I had it on my free Blue Cash card, my wife had it on her Blue Cash Preferred.

My platinum (Delta) card did not have it but my old Blue card did! It came up in the second group of 100 that loaded. Odd that the search function does not bring it up.

Thank you for making us aware of this offer- I never would have seen it on my own.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:00 AM, chadwickx16 said:

FYI...Amex Offers can only list 100 at a time.  If you don't see the offer you have to add other offers to your card and then logout and log back in for a new batch of offers. I had to add 90 other offers to my card before I was able to see the Celebrity one.

There's an URL use "point brahs" use...

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/account/login?DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fglobal.americanexpress.com%2Foffers%2Fgroup%2FT-T_K5esfVqZcw7Kc9fDKA%3D%3D%26v2&intlink=us-GABM-SS_Summer_2021_Offer_Hub

URL to a blog about it:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/special-link-to-see-amex-offers-100/#:~:text=There's long been a problem,to view all available offers.&text=Reader Jack Jones points out,display more than 100 offers.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Nothing this morning from Celebrity....but one for Delta popped up...

Same here.

Has anyone else noticed that immediately AFTER you use an Amex in a new (to me) store, a coupon for $$ off your next purchase from that retailer pops up?

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

We did snag this offer after all.  Took some perseverance loading all the offers, but paid off right towards the end.  I am sure we could have saved money in the past had we known we needed to load all the available offers to find the appropriate offer.  Thanks for the tip!  We booked an excursion and added some OBC to equal the $500 necessary in order to save $100.  

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Did you try this? I just logged into one of my AU's accounts (where I do not load all offers because he has his own card and login) and it showed 100 offers. I loaded four and it now shows 99. There have not been any recent comments and some people said it had stopped working, and the post itself has "(Note 11/8/22: This doesn’t work anymore for me)" at the top.

7 hours ago, chamima said:

Same here.

Has anyone else noticed that immediately AFTER you use an Amex in a new (to me) store, a coupon for $$ off your next purchase from that retailer pops up?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, since the offers are not unique based on purchases like that. You may have a slightly different offer, or not get it at all, but it would not just show up because you made a purchase unless it was new for everyone. How often do you look for new offers?

36 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Did you try this? I just logged into one of my AU's accounts (where I do not load all offers because he has his own card and login) and it showed 100 offers. I loaded four and it now shows 99. There have not been any recent comments and some people said it had stopped working, and the post itself has "(Note 11/8/22: This doesn’t work anymore for me)" at the top.

I guess that's fair as I was using it in 2022 but bought the Cardpointer browser extensions that add the offer automatically.  I highly recommend it but I wanted to be clear, that it's NOT free

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I guess that's fair as I was using it in 2022 but bought the Cardpointer browser extensions that add the offer automatically.  I highly recommend it but I wanted to be clear, that it's NOT free

Is it actually worth $60 a year?? I have no problem adding the offers myself, and a I posted earlier there is a Javascript that I have stored as a shortcut, so I just have to click to load all available offers.

4 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Is it actually worth $60 a year?? I have no problem adding the offers myself, and a I posted earlier there is a Javascript that I have stored as a shortcut, so I just have to click to load all available offers.

Thanks for sharing that!

In 2022 they had a lifetime option of $100, it appears to be $140 lifetime currently with a partner promo code.  The more credit cards you have, the more value you get from it.  I have ten credit cards overall, all ten accrue points/miles/cashback, and some of those accruals can change from month to month; 6 of those cards have offers. For me, the extension/app reads both the points and offers between ten credit cards and tells me which credit card will provide the highest value.  Yet the best credit card is only half the battle as there can be many wildcards such as cashback websites, earning 10 points per dollar if using the Chase travel portal, an airline credit card that gives miles plus your spend helps earn you airline status, etc and the final piece to the puzzle, redeeming the points/miles for maximum value.  Anything that helps automate any of that saves me time

41 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

This offer wasn’t on my card a few days ago but was there this morning. Definitely pays to keep checking. 

Mine, too!!! 😀

21 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Too bad I do not have this offer 

@gfkcruiser - Gail - Yesterday I did as suggested on here and clicked on almost all the available offers for my card and today - presto - the Celebrity offer popped up!!!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I used the offer on my wife's card a couple of days ago.  It just showed up on my card today!

Did you put the two $500 deposits on the same cruise or different cruises?

I'm wondering if using the offer twice on the same cruise would trigger a problem.

I just wanted to thank the OP @Stockjock for alerting all of us to this offer!!! 💜

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, chamima said:

I'm wondering if using the offer twice on the same cruise would trigger a problem.

I just wanted to thank the OP @Stockjock for alerting all of us to this offer!!! 💜

Tried these tips and still not there!   Will keep checking 

Has anyone gotten the credit yet?  My charges have cleared, but no credit yet.

Side note - another offer popped up today that is 10% back (up to $20) at grocery stores.  Got it on my card, but not my husbands.  So now I'm adding more offers to his card to see if I can get it to pop up.

• Thanks 1

This is a fun "game" - adding stuff and seeing if I get the "golden ticket" of an X discount! 😄

I added all four "travel" items to my Amex yesterday, and then today had 40(!) travel items to pick through. No X, but I added a ton of hotel ones to my list and a river cruise one.  We'll see what comes next.  Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Not an issue. They don't care what cruise you're using it on, just so long as it posts from Celebrity.