Coastal Kitchen lunch questions

21 hours ago, orville99 said:

IMHO, one of the reasons why they downgraded the quality of the food in the MDR was to lower expectations enough so they could diminish the quality of the meals in CK - which have gone down substantially since the restart, and even more since the new and "improved" MDR menus were introduced in 2023. 😪

OK you have your opinion and maybe some others agree.  But IMO I cannot see them purposely trying to lower expectations of the MDR and have that as a reason to diminish the quality of CK - which I stated before has been very good for us- both before and after the pandemic period.     I do not see how one follows the other.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

OK you have your opinion and maybe some others agree.  But IMO I cannot see them purposely trying to lower expectations of the MDR and have that as a reason to diminish the quality of CK - which I stated before has been very good for us- both before and after the pandemic period.     I do not see how one follows the other.   

That's the best thing about opinions - we each are entitled to our own, but not obligated to agree with anyone else's.😇

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks!  I will keep my eyes open for it.  For our 12 night cruise, perhaps a lesser package than the UDP will be offered on the cruise once we get onboard.

As an aside (having nothing to do with this particular conversation 🤪) they are offering 3 night packages on our upcoming Enchantment 4 and 5 night cruises....the only exception (of which I am aware) to the "7 nights or longer" rule that I expressed earlier.  I assume (but don't know) that this is somehow a function of the fact that EN only has 1 specialty restaurant.  It's somewhat counterintuitive as one would think that a ship with only 1 specialty restaurant would want to minimize the availability of its discounted specialty dining options but I guess perhaps the demand for specialty dining when one only has a choice of -1-, is lower.  Who knows.  But to my knowledge, this is the only exception of which I am aware where a 3 night package is being offered on a cruise of less than 7 days in duration.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

they are offering 3 night packages on our upcoming Enchantment 4 and 5 night cruises....the only exception (of which I am aware) to the "7 nights or longer" rule that I expressed earlier.

They are offering a 3-night package on our July 6-night on Adventure at 30% off list:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

They are offering a 3-night package on our July 6-night on Adventure at 30% off list:

Capture.JPG

Three night dining package is also being offered on our 12/22/24 6-night Oasis sailing. Prices have been all over the place since I started tracking over Memorial Day weekend. (Even the onboard “list” price has changed)!

1) Memorial weekend 30% off sale including gratuities for $139.99.

2) June 16th, before the Summer Kickoff Sale was loaded included gratuities for $154.99.

3) June 23 Summer Kickoff Sale of 30% is now showing as excluding gratuities for $114 but is based on a $165 onboard list price vs $193.99 on the prior offers!

————————————————

1) Memorial Weekend Sale:

$134.99 $193.99 / per package

(30% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS - GRATUITY

INCLUDED

2) June 16th — right before Summer Kickoff sale loaded, including gratuities for $154.99:

$154.99 $193.99 / per package

(20% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS - GRATUITY

INCLUDED

3) 6/23 Summer Kickoff Sale price

$114.99 / adult per package

$165.00 onboard

(30% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

PLUS 18% Gratuities = $135.68pp

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

Three night dining package is also being offered on our 12/22/24 6-night Oasis sailing

Welcome to an RCL sale - offer changes, but price remains the same.😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/23/2024 at 3:37 PM, orville99 said:

Welcome to an RCL sale - offer changes, but price remains the same.😇

No...no.   The trick is to increase the price by 100% and offer a 50% off discount!!  😄 😄 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, island lady said:

No...no.   The trick is to increase the price by 100% and offer a 50% off discount!!  😄 😄 

Where is Sy Syms when you really need him…😇

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1