Cruise Ship Disaster Series

I saw this come up on the box recently. I have watched two episodes so far but I can't remember which day or channel.

Last week's episode featured the MTS Oceanos which sank in 1991. Passengers were woken up by others who had noticed the ship taking water. No announcements from the bridge. No emergency alarm. Nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sca_esv=d22370baf961194e&q=cruise+ship+disasters&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0DPvcmG_nCbmwtBO9j6YBzM68ZanC7g01Skprhw5JoufVCiMv-hxC44jt6JduRQysBab-bgQXjPraaWFXMvOy8KVV8Cqqnjh1FpzmV51qF4k0cqVQGqmT-dql7iUyQ3NN5qglUncUNPp3ywOVvDmm3oScM0M2OxukMbSvE9zEi2c8NHCjhpb2l29v8xgWAuB2xn5yde-_vyR7uDGmE9600k_ZtUvQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi6lZr6juyGAxUislYBHRoWDUgQ0pQJegQIEhAB&biw=1259&bih=846&dpr=1#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:f192ae.672ae0e3,vid:1sH16rH_39Y,st:380

• Like 1

I watched this episode too, it was facinating to watch. The way some of the ship crew acted was a bit iffy, but I have a lot of respect for the entertainment crew who pulled through.

I'm also, odd. I know that this show would turn a lot of people off cruising, but I found it reassuring to know that everyone survived despite all the errors.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CountessCookie said:

I watched this episode too, it was facinating to watch. The way some of the ship crew acted was a bit iffy, but I have a lot of respect for the entertainment crew who pulled through.

I'm also, odd. I know that this show would turn a lot of people off cruising, but I found it reassuring to know that everyone survived despite all the errors.

I haven't seen any of the series as I'm in NZ, but it was the entertainment staff who helped passengers on the Concordia, after the captain had that unfortunate "fall" from the ship, landing himself safely in a lifeboat!

• Like 2

Watched it last night as we had sailed on the Empress of Great Britain when it was a Thompsons cruise ship  to find it was the earlier almost same name Empress of Britain they were talking about 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Found it! Secrets of Lost Liners. On SBS tonight at 8.30.

It actually has been running for a few weeks now. It is quite interesting as it goes through the history of how cruising has evolved. Unfortunately the S1 episodes have expired but you can still catch up on S2 episodes:

Secrets of the Lost Liners catch up

• Like 2

Not quite a Liner and hopefully it  won't become a disaster, but the NZ inter-island ferry Aratere is aground in the Marlborough Sounds after a steering malfunction leaving Picton last evening.

2 harbour tugs are standing by and will attempt to refloat the ship on tonights high tide. There are no passengers aboard.IMG_1854.thumb.png.752dc05b8a577091fe336956721dffef.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

It actually has been running for a few weeks now. It is quite interesting as it goes through the history of how cruising has evolved. Unfortunately the S1 episodes have expired but you can still catch up on S2 episodes:

Secrets of the Lost Liners catch up

Seems season 1 is on Binge if anyone is looking for it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Not quite a Liner and hopefully it  won't become a disaster, but the NZ inter-island ferry Aratere is aground in the Marlborough Sounds after a steering malfunction leaving Picton last evening.

2 harbour tugs are standing by and will attempt to refloat the ship on tonights high tide. There are no passengers aboard.

Aratere has been refloated and will remain at anchorage overnight before returning to Picton berth tomorrow.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/kiwrail-and-interislander-bosses-to-front-media-after-vessel-runs-aground-in-south-island/ZTI5DATV6VBYHD6664YZTKRDDM/

• Like 6