Sirena bathrooms

I was just on the Vista and the bathrooms in the verandahs were large and gorgeous    I can;t find any pictures of the Sirena bathrooms except on you tube that were taken  4 years ago        and they are dark and small

HI!  I have sailed on both Sirena and Insignia in OV cabins.  I don't think the bathrooms are dark however they are small, and the shower is especially small.  This is very well known. Very pleased with the cabins overall.  On this class of ship all the showers are small until you move up to PH level.  Good luck.  

Deck Chair.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:

I was just on the Vista and the bathrooms in the verandahs were large and gorgeous    I can;t find any pictures of the Sirena bathrooms except on you tube that were taken  4 years ago        and they are dark and small

Having just spent 20 days in an A3 on Sirena, I can confirm that the bathrooms are small but not dark. It was manageable and for the right itinerary would book the same cabin type again 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just completed a 10 day cruise on the Sirena in an A1 (Concierge, Aft stateroom). Not dark at all, and night light in the bathroom, which was perfect.  The stall shower was small, but with two glass doors, which I highly prefer to a shower curtain with a step in tub.  Did the floor get  damp after a shower?  For me, yes. For my husband, no.  An extra used bath towel on the floor solved that problem for me after I showered.  Considering I don't spend a lot of time each day in the bathroom this is not a show stopper for me.  On these smaller ships, I can get an aft facing cabin for the price of a concierge stateroom without requiring spending money on a suite on the larger Oceania ships to have an aft facing cabin.  I would cruise again in a heartbeat on Sirena if it had the itinerary and stateroom I wanted.

Edited by golfinlynn
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:

Did you have a question about it? 

• Like 1

We were last in a couple of concierge cabin on the Sirena along with 3 R class ships via Azamara.

The bathrooms are as stated - small but doable. The Sirena bath is not dark at all. 

We're not letting that stop us with future sailings on both the Sirena and the Insignia.

If you find the shower too confining you can always use the larger showers near the spa and pool.

• Like 3

I posted this June 4 on another Sirena thread.

This is a good thread for me to repost since the R bathrooms are often questioned:

"Our son just got married Saturday and is spending his honeymoon on Sirena for the Seville to Dublin segment. Their first Oceania cruise was on Riviera18 months ago for their engagement.

They are in their early 30s. Their cabin is almost completely forward on deck 7.

We are also hoping that this is a good sailing.  We have 21 Oceania sailings under our belt.  Have sailed all of the ships except Sirena. So we could not relate anything to them other than what we have experienced on the other R ships.

BTW, they boarded the ship today.  After flying overnight he texted us that at 6'3" and about 185 pounds he found the "small" shower to be "fully functional" for him."

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 12:26 PM, deck chair said:

On this class of ship all the showers are small until you move up to PH level

We'd read the comments on here so, for our Nautica cruise last year, we did decide to step up to a PH. From what I've read, folk thinner than me may be OK - but they are not me. I just  didnt want to have spent the amount of money an O  cruise costs and feel, at best, inconvenienced. 

Edited by Harters

1 hour ago, Harters said:

We'd read the comments on here so, for our Nautica cruise last year, we did decide to step up to a PH. From what I've read, folk thinner than me may be OK - but they are not me. I just  didnt want to have spent the amount of money an O  cruise costs and feel, at best, inconvenienced. 

Here's a post that shows a PH bathroom on an R ship:

image.png.7afa384abc7a0388c1135009d129de

For comparison, here's a post that shows a Veranda bathroom on the same R ship:

IMG_0547.JPG.50ff0d9f52cf89edb08e9fd81cc

2 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Here's a post that shows a PH bathroom on an R ship:

image.png.7afa384abc7a0388c1135009d129de

For comparison, here's a post that shows a Veranda bathroom on the same R ship:

IMG_0547.JPG.50ff0d9f52cf89edb08e9fd81cc

I don't think that's a normal veranda bathroom. Doors are not rounded, that one is flat. Is that an accesible room?

18 minutes ago, ORV said:

I don't think that's a normal veranda bathroom. Doors are not rounded, that one is flat. Is that an accesible room?

The OV showers look like this (planar doors). Are the veranda doors curved? (or maybe Sirena is different than Regatta?)

Edited by AMHuntFerry

17 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If size of cabin and bathroom is important, only book Vista, Marina, or Riviera.  R ships have very small bathrooms. Shower are very tiny.  We gave up sailing on R ships.  Looking forward to Allura. 

Bathrooms are very small, very small.  However they are very well designed.  What the picture in #6 doesn't show are the three shelves off to the left and there is storage behind the mirror.  The bathrooms on the newer ships are spectacular, but for us as long as they are functional that's all we care about.  

There are some excellent video tours done by a travel agent on YouTube for another twin sister (it is either Regatta or Insignia) and they are all identical across the four sisters.  

• Like 1