Specialty Dining Package reservations

We purchased a 4 night Specialy Dining plan for our upcoming Apex cruise in September months ago. We are staying in a Sky Suite. I do not know how to reserve dates and times for preferred restaurants. In calling the Captains’ Club number, the representative stated we would have to wait until embarking to make those reservations. 

I see now where one can purchase reservations for individual restaurants AND reserve specific dates and times.

Is there someone else we can contact to reserve specific dates and times for these restaurants? It doesn’t make sense that one purchasing a dining package cannot make specific reservations when someone else just purchasing single restaurant dining can reserve specific dates and times.

Really don’t want to eat at 930 pm on those nights.

With a package you can’t make reservations until you are on the ship.  That is the trade off for the discounted price.  

They hold back some space for on board booking for those whose suite amenities include unlimited specialty dining ( doesn’t include Sky or Celebrity suites ), those with dining packages, and guests who want to book after they are on board.

Be prepared with your restaurant choices dates and time and an alternate.  Then when you board head to one of the restaurants, or a take set up for dining booking near where you board, at the Oceanview Cafe there is also 1-2 taking dining reservations, or the Concierge in the Retreat Lounge can make them also.

We've never encountered a problem with getting the dates/times we wanted when we've booked a dining package. When we board we go directly to any of the specialty dining restaurants with a list of the dates/times we wanted already prepared, and made all of our reservations. Any of the restaurants can make reservations for all the others. As @jelayne said, it's a trade off for the discounted pricing of the dining packages.

When we boarded Apex at 11:30 the restaurant front desks weren’t staffed yet. We found a temporary specialty dining desk across from guest services and we got the dates and times we wanted.

And the one time we booked a package we made a bee line for the dining reservations as soon as we boarded and were told that they nothing that fit our needs and we ended up canceling the whole package.  

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We've never encountered a problem with getting the dates/times we wanted when we've booked a dining package. When we board we go directly to any of the specialty dining restaurants with a list of the dates/times we wanted already prepared, and made all of our reservations. Any of the restaurants can make reservations for all the others. As @jelayne said, it's a trade off for the discounted pricing of the dining packages.

We no longer purchase the dining packages because too many times we couldn’t get a time we wanted. 

Will X let us cancel the dining package once we’re aboard if we can’t get any of the days or times we want? I bought a package for our September cruise but I’m second guessing it.

Again, thanks to everyone who has responded.

Will see what happens when we get on board.

We like to eat later, just not before we go to bed ! ( 8 pm would be nice)

This question always makes me go, does anyone read what they buy.  Says it quite clearly in the description

• Purchasing this package secures the package price, but the restaurant reservation time and venue must be made onboard. To make a reservation, simply visit any Specialty Dining Restaurant or Specialty Dining Reservation host stand on the first day of your cruise. Our Hosts will be there to assist you in making all of your Specialty Dining Reservations. 

With that I have had it before never any problems getting reservations for the late times I prefer.