Error 503 on website

bkennedytx1

6 minutes ago, bkennedytx1 said:

You would think a cruise line could at least have a decent website to book excursions, reservations etc.  I continually run into this. error 503.  Get your act together, HAL.

It's been a consistent error for at least 12 months. I can think of no excuse for the errors to still be occurring after this length of time other than lack of dedicated funding to correct the problem.

It used to be that MSC had the worst website in the industry, but not anymore. HAL is the only site I am forced to use incognito with. If I didn't like HAL's longer itineraries so much, their lack of care to the website may be enough to drive me away from the product.

• Like 1

HAL's entire booking system needs a serious review and upgrade.  Then take it away from the IT people [who have probably never booked a cruise in their life] and beta test it's functionality and ease of use by "normal" customers. I do not like doing shorex, and dining on the app, but at least that works. 

Darcy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It is the whole company. I tried to view cabins on Cunard yesterday and had the same issue.  They really need to ditch their IT contract

Maybe not the entire company? I had zero problems with Carnival. It was one of the best web sites I've used. Super user friendly and intuitive. 

53 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Maybe not the entire company? I had zero problems with Carnival. It was one of the best web sites I've used. Super user friendly and intuitive. 

That is true. But seabourn and Cunard are exactly the same as HAL, just different images.  They must save the good IT for the Flagship 

40 minutes ago, cavecreekguy said:

Today's the first time I've seen the 503 error. But it is disappointing as I was going to book a shore excursion.

I have had this problem for well over a week—trying to book shore excursions for a long cruise.  I’ve called HAL three times and also sent an email….no one seems concerned and no solutions! 

36 minutes ago, KarefreeKaren said:

I have had this problem for well over a week—trying to book shore excursions for a long cruise.  I’ve called HAL three times and also sent an email….no one seems concerned and no solutions! 

If you look at the far left margin there is a tiny feedback button.  Use it please.  I use it every time I can’t complete my intended task 

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It is the whole company. I tried to view cabins on Cunard yesterday and had the same issue.  They really need to ditch their IT contract

I agree, I was looking at Seabourn a little while ago and got the same error over and over. It is everything under Princess, HAL, Seabourn and Cunard. They all use the same internal booking engine internally and for travel agents called POLAR/One Source which also is linked and  operates their external Consumer Websites.

a 503 error is not a software design problem.

It is a server is unable to handle request problem. If the server can be reached and it pops up during specific requests then most likely there is too much traffic for the server and they need to increase the capacity of their server farm.

Often if you get one, you can repeat the request and have it work.

19 hours ago, Mary229 said:

They must save the good IT for the Flagship 

It's pretty clear where CCL is spending their money. The Carnival web site was one of the best (if not THE best) in the entire cruise industry. It used to be that Carnival was the 'cheaper' of the CCL products (nicknamed walmart of cruising); but based on our trip on the new Excel class last year, that stereotype just no longer exists (food, entertainment, service, ect..).

21 minutes ago, TRLD said:

a 503 error is not a software design problem.

It is a server is unable to handle request problem. If the server can be reached and it pops up during specific requests then most likely there is too much traffic for the server and they need to increase the capacity of their server farm.

Often if you get one, you can repeat the request and have it work.

I had this error a while back and it went on for a couple of months, no matter when I tried it.  Now it is back.

41 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It's pretty clear where CCL is spending their money. The Carnival web site was one of the best (if not THE best) in the entire cruise industry. It used to be that Carnival was the 'cheaper' of the CCL products (nicknamed walmart of cruising); but based on our trip on the new Excel class last year, that stereotype just no longer exists (food, entertainment, service, ect..).

We are sailing Carnival next year for the first time since 2000.  We are very excited.  They are doing some very innovative things. I am hoping they expand the Journeys offerings. Of course John is hoping to get real fried chicken on a cruise ship. (John, being a Yankee, always thought fried chicken was the epitome of southern cooking and was sadly disappointed to have married a southern woman who doesn’t know how)

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gsel said:

@dfish same for me. Had the problem for months. Used the "feedback" button and like a miracle I could access all my bookings. Yesterday all I got was "you have no bookings". Today all is well!  

I think it is a roll of the dice what  you get.  

• Like 1