Celebrity elite + daily drinks like RCCL

auxxcay

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Come on man, you are on the Celebrity forum enough to see the changes (and not just the recent one) talked about in the different threads. Give it time.  FYI, we like the differences and similarities between Celebrity and RC. 

sorry the OP's point was Celebrity is becoming more like Royal not about changes  X might have made.

My point was/is that I haven't noticed any changes that make X like Royal with the exception, which I mentioned, of more shorter cruises and even that is more likely to be about overall demand rather than the two lines getting closer.

So many people make the same comment that you would expect that they would be able to supply a list but when asked so far on one has responded.

In at least one way they are getting further apart as at one time staff, for example Guest Relations Managers/Directors could move backwards and forwards between the brands but now they have to commit to one.

11 minutes ago, hartwickds said:

GREAT NEWS! Heading on the Silouette next Friday and wont be purchasing the non alcoholic beverage package anymore. Thank you for the response

Glad to have helped enjoy Silhouette one of our favourite ships.

If Julie is the Director of Guest Relations please say hello from Mr and Mrs D and perhaps give her a tube of Pringles as she can no longer eat chocolate. If she isn't on the ship you will at least be able to listen to her every day as she is also "the voice in the lifts/elevators" and on most of the other pre recorded messages.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Celebrity has been adding ships, while not getting rid of older ones, something had to give on itineraries. A short getaway with a classier vibe than Royal or Carnival, what’s not to like for those who that fits better? 

It creates an atmosphere that is not in keeping with my reason for sailing with Celebrity.  Reading the recent reviews on the Celebrity short sailings sounds to me like it is the Royal Caribbean and Carnival that I started sailing to get away from. 

don’t get the angst with Coco Cay on some of the cruises..there are some nice quiet beach areas there if one seeks that out..

Sure, all you have to do is pay extra for them.  At least at Labadee my suite comes with a separate, quieter beach area that I do not have to pay extra tp enjoy.

The family hours thing I’ve seen to vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing..

They have been on both my last two sailing since this was brought to my attention.  I'll be checking to see if it is in effect for the warm weather sailing that I will be on. 

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I meant to say that if the “best parts” of each brand loyalty programs were combined into a single common plan across the three brands, the result would be less profit or increased prices to offset the increased costs.

Who determines the "best parts" .. if it were me, then Royal would have a Happy Hour with free drinks like they did before they went to the voucher system.   

I believe, but have not done the math, that is less expensive for Celebrity to serve the limited menu they have for HH now, that to give four, five, or six more expensive drinks.  All of the drinks on the HH menu fall at or under the price of the Basic Drink Package.  Royal's drinks would come in at or just below price of the Premium drink package each.   Not to mentation trying to consume four, five or especially six drinks in two hours is a challenge for a lot of people.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

sorry the OP's point was Celebrity is becoming more like Royal not about changes  X might have made.

My point was/is that I haven't noticed any changes that make X like Royal with the exception, which I I wasn't mentioned, of more shorter cruises and even that is more likely to be about overall demand rather than the two lines getting closer.

So many people make the same comment that you would expect that they would be able to supply a list but when asked so far on one has responded.

In at least one way they are getting further apart as at one time staff, for example Guest Relations Managers/Directors could move backwards and forwards between the brands but now they have to commit to one.

I wasn't responding to the OP. Another poster. 

My point is based on current changes. 

Cheers...🍻

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Is this new?  I do not recall any limit being imposed when I had a drink package when sailing with Royal Caribbean. 

That's on me so sorry! (another cruise line) does that. limits you to how many per day. I got the two cruise lines confused LOL omg! 

Edited by shandryl
had to finish the sentence.
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Glad to have helped enjoy Silhouette one of our favourite ships.

If Julie is the Director of Guest Relations please say hello from Mr and Mrs D and perhaps give her a tube of Pringles as she can no longer eat chocolate. If she isn't on the ship you will at least be able to listen to her every day as she is also "the voice in the lifts/elevators" and on most of the other pre recorded messages.

And she started from Royal. Remember the first time we saw her on Infinity after she’d crossed over.

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

It creates an atmosphere that is not in keeping with my reason for sailing with Celebrity.  Reading the recent reviews on the Celebrity short sailings sounds to me like it is the Royal Caribbean and Carnival that I started sailing to get away from. 

Sure, all you have to do is pay extra for them.  At least at Labadee my suite comes with a separate, quieter beach area that I do not have to pay extra tp enjoy.

They have been on both my last two sailing since this was brought to my attention.  I'll be checking to see if it is in effect for the warm weather sailing that I will be on. 

All fair points…

Wife and on Beyond this September and I too will be curious about the Solarium rules..ABC cruise, so warm weather for sure.  I will say something for sure if children’s hours are posted.  They need to change the description online if they are going to this full time. 

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

All fair points…

Wife and on Beyond this September and I too will be curious about the Solarium rules..ABC cruise, so warm weather for sure.  I will say something if children’s hours are posted.  They need to change the description online if they are going to this full time. 

15 drinks per day of just alcohol can be lethal!    X is just fine as is! Not a booze cruise line!

Solarium hours for kiddos should be limited to cold weather itins as it was at first .  No need for indoor hrs when the sunshine warms outdoor pools..

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Solarium hours for kiddos should be limited to cold weather itins as it was at first .  No need for indoor hrs when the sunshine warms outdoor pools.

TBH I don't see why it's necessary even in cold weather itineraries. There are plenty of cruiselines, namely NCL, where I don't think ANY of their current fleet has an indoor swimming pool that's available to standard cabin passengers. Same thing with Carnival's newest ships. Even Royal's Oasis, Voyager, and Freedom Class ships don't have any all weather pools(Later Oasis class ships have enclosed the adults only solarium hot tubs/wading pools. And of course Celebrity themselves previously didn't have family hours. So if the corporate's family geared cruiseline have ships with every imaginable doodad for families and kids but no indoor pool I don't see why a family hour is needed on their Celebrity line. 

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

15 drinks per day of just alcohol can be lethal!    X is just fine as is! Not a booze cruise line!

Solarium hours for kiddos should be limited to cold weather itins as it was at first .  No need for indoor hrs when the sunshine warms outdoor pools..

Just 15?  I didn't know I'm immortal (I start the cruise morning with 2-4 Champagne glasses at 7 am).

It should be limited to cold weather for anyone ("no need for indoors hrs when the sunshine...")

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villauk said:

And she started from Royal. Remember the first time we saw her on Infinity after she’d crossed over.

Always good when she is on the ship. Her performances at Liars Club is legendary. Her sense of humour is "wicked" and I love her saying "if I can't fix it, it ain't broke". She is also wonderful at her job.

• Like 1

Just to be clear lol I only did it that once when I was on Princess.  It started at pool and I heard another person at the Retreat Bar ask for a double.  Of course  that person was gently reminded that it would count as two drinks. The person was okay with that.  This was a 1st for me!! I thought hey what a great idea!! I did not know you could that! 🤔 Save myself an extra trip to bar just get a double! 👍 Had a great afternoon had lunch delivered to me at Retreat Bar, Sitting in big comfy chair/table All good! Happy camper YAY. The Retreat closes at 5:30pm I go to my stateroom get ready for dinner.  Nice glass of wine with dinner. Then headed to Crooner's bar!  Piano/entertainment decided to make it a double.  The server brought it over & said to me that I was Max'd out on my 15 drinks. .I was shocked at first.  Then remembered the doubles lol    the 5 drinks I get are from RC. being a D+ its  a nice perk but I always have a drink pkg 😃🤷‍♀️ but saw it applied on the app/tv in the stateroom if I am looking at my account. 

Edited by shandryl