noise from promrade deck

dznypal

Im looking for rooms that I can pick from  right now I have a gurantee

I saw that theres a room aft on indy of the seas but from they told me in chat

thats its by the promrade.

Its been a long time since weve been on RC but then we  were on deck 8 so we didnt have any noise at all.

Im afraid it will be loud there

any first had experience with this area thanks

NOT A PROBLEM.  We recently had a 6th floor Promenade View Room -- we were one floor above the Promenade and two rooms away from the performance bridge, which is the source of the music -- and noise was NOT A PROBLEM. 

We twice heard noise from the promenade.  Each time was a "dance party" type thing, which lasted 30 minutes -- one was definitely the 70s dance party; I can't remember the other theme.  The first time we heard the noise it just sounded like boom-boom-boom -- you know, base.  We opened the curtains, and then we could hear the music properly.  We sat in our bay window and watched the singers /dancers.  We enjoyed being able to participate in the party without being down in the crowd.  Again, 30 minutes.  Then the party was over.  

Most of the promenade rooms are connected to another room, and you might get noisy neighbors.  I think I heard our neighbor sneeze once (because I happened to be right by the connecting door).  

The other thing people complain about is looking out and seeing people changing clothes or running around their rooms naked.  Never saw it.  In fact, most people kept their curtains closed.  I think we sat in our window to "people watch" more than most people did. 

The only thing we didn't particularly like in that room was that the bed was smack-dab in front of the door, and we had to walk around it to get to the nice seating area.  We would love to stay in that room again!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dznypal said:

by the promrade.

This is so vague. If you expect people to help you at least try to be more specific. You have posted several vague posts expecting help. People can only help if you provide some DETAILS.

Is it even a PROMENADE cabin, or just on that deck? If you can SEE the cabin on a deck plan you can see the number; you can see the location and what is above and below, by the side of it. Why not post these details? I fail to see if it is aft how it can be a promenade cabin unless you mean aft end of the promenade? which deck could make a big difference. 

You presently have a guarantee cabin so you were presumably satisfied to be assigned any deck, - forward, aft or middle when you chose that?

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’d suggest you post the cabin number(s) of the cabin(s) of interest on Indy.  That way people can look at a deck plan and give you their opinions.  If you are lucky might even get feedback from someone who has stayed in the cabin.

+1 Exactly.

6 hours ago, dznypal said:

Its been a long time since weve been on RC but then we  were on deck 8 so we didnt have any noise at all.

We were just in a Promenade view room. No real noise problems... and we enjoyed being able to see all of the "action" below. 

14 hours ago, dznypal said:

It really depends on exactly which room you are considering. As has been pointed out in this thread and the other one about promenade noise, there are definitely rooms in which noise could be a problem. 

Sorry the rooms that chat was saying are open are 2866 not sure about being so low but I know with guaranteeing could end up there or 6400 it looked like it was all the way aft  does the promenade run the whole length of the ship. 

3 minutes ago, dznypal said:

Sorry the rooms that chat was saying are open are 2866 not sure about being so low but I know with guaranteeing could end up there or 6400 it looked like it was all the way aft  does the promenade run the whole length of the ship. 

There is no cabin marked 2866 and 6400 is not a promenade view interior it is a standard OV balcony.  You've got your numbers wrong.

6400 is an OV cabin near the aft of the ship with a nice sized round window.  I think that cabin is larger than many other OV cabins.  As it is very close to the aft, one is likely to feel more ship movement than a midship cabin. It is located between a balcony cabin and another OV cabin.  I believe there is crew space below on deck five, so there is some possibility for noise from that direction.  (Oh heck, there’s a possibility of noise in any cabin as you could be next to a colicky baby, a loud kiddo, or hard of hearing elders with persistent loud voices/tv, so take earplugs just in case).  It’s a long walk to the stairs/elevators, but there should not be much hall traffic passing that door.  Personally. I’d be very happy with that cabin if I wanted an OV cabin…but we don’t mind the long walk, are not bothered by ship movement, and could tolerate noise from below (if it happens).  It would not suit others. 

Recheck the number of the other cabin.  There might be a typo.

Edited by Starry Eyes

2 hours ago, dznypal said:

sorry about the confusion with the room numbers

the room on deck 2 is 2286 I tried to remember what I had written down

also do all the OV rooms have the bed right by the window

I noticed that when I looked up 2286

So, 2286 is a midship OV cabin with a connecting door.  That connecting door would not be an issue if you happen to get a nice, quiet neighbor.  OTOH, if your neighbor is a loud one, that connecting door will allow more noise transfer.  I have not stayed on deck 2.

I think 6400 is a bit bigger than 2286.  I also think 6400 might have the head of the bed against the cabin’s long wall rather than under the window.

3 hours ago, dznypal said:

sorry about the confusion with the room numbers

the room on deck 2 is 2286 I tried to remember what I had written down

also do all the OV rooms have the bed right by the window

I noticed that when I looked up 2286

So not a promenade cabin at all?

your guarantee is an OV which could be any deck with OV cabins. It comes down to what is important to you- what you want to be close to and how far you are willing to walk; whether you suffer from motion sickness? There are different OV designations and you can only move to one that is the exact same category as assigned,  without paying a surcharge.