Odyssey 13th deck noise

• 1 month later...

I didn’t see a definitive reply to this post, and I have the same question so I thought I would revive the thread. We are booked on the Odyssey TA cruise to Rome in April 2025 and at the time we booked there were very few 2D balcony cabins remaining so we booked one at midship deck 13 below what seems to be the pool. On a normal Caribbean or Mediterranean cruise I would assume there would be a good bit of noise during the day and perhaps during evening events on the pool deck. However, during an April TA where the temperature is relatively cool it has been my experience on other ships that the pool deck remains rather quiet at night. In any case, does anyone know if the noise level from the pool deck on the Odyssey impacts cabins on deck 13?

For whatever it is worth, we know some friends who were on the Odyssey deck 13 during the April 2024 TA and they said they experienced no issues. Nevertheless, I would like to hear from others. Thanks!

The Odyssey on deck 12 and 13 are surprisingly quiet. The midship deck 12 is the children's area, Adventure Ocean. But, it is very well soundproofed. 

Forward on deck 13 is the top level of the Solarium, and it's quiet there, too. At the aft of the deck is the Concierge Lounge, and it is empty all day until happy hour 5-ish to 8-ish. Even then, no noise heard outside the lounge.

Enjoy!

Deck 13 forward had no noise and no overhang.  

I may be getting some of the others in this class confused but I don't think there was direct Solarium access from deck 13 forward like there is on at least one sister ship.  I've stayed deck 13 forward on several Q class and generally like the area.  Avoid midship deck 13 where the overhang and supports are annoying in your view.

Deck 13 starboard side on the hump can be noisy at night late when they are cleaning the kitchen that services Coastal Kitchen.  The JS on the hump do not have the overhang issue the other cabins do but if you are a light sleeper, avoid the starboard side hump cabins.

Thank you all for your input. Deck 13 seems like a decent choice. We are not on the hump. We are on the starboard side, about halfway between the two elevator banks. If it is a short walk to the solarium, that would be a bonus because I find that a great place to lounge and read. I’m looking forward to it.