recommendation for hotels in Bayonne NJ pls

I am cross eyed reading reviews and trying to figure out hotel locations for Bermuda cruise. Since we ve not stayed in this area, not sure. Definitely dont want to be an hour away.  Do realize like food, hotels are subjective, but ones I thought would be ok are having issues

Thanks 

You don't need to stay right in Bayonne.  Bayonne is kind of industrial and residential, depending on the area.  Definitely kind of sleepy.  There are lots of nice hotels in Jersey City, which is very close by.  Jersey City is more of an urban area with lots of nice restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.  And it has spectacular views of the NYC Manhattan skyline from the waterfront.

8 hours ago, wtang said:

You don't need to stay right in Bayonne.  Bayonne is kind of industrial and residential, depending on the area.  Definitely kind of sleepy.  There are lots of nice hotels in Jersey City, which is very close by.  Jersey City is more of an urban area with lots of nice restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.  And it has spectacular views of the NYC Manhattan skyline from the waterfront.

Thank you.  We re flying into Newark.   appreciate your help.  

4 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Thank you.  We re flying into Newark.   appreciate your help.  

If you don't want to go into New York proper for the night to be a tourist I would second Jersey City-- plenty of restaurants and bars to walk around to for dinner and a nice waterfront overlooking Manhattan. The Hyatt Regency would be my Jersey City pick. Also worth considering is Hoboken is just a little bit further and has a very nice W Hotel and a neighborhoody downtown to walk around in that's a little less corporate high rise than Jersey City. 

Alternatively if you just want a place to sleep for the night and places to walk around to are not important, one of the Newark Airport hotels would do fine and you are still an easy Uber/Lyft ride to the pier the next day.

Word of advice-- the taxis in this part of New Jersey are generally awful, old, and obnoxiously expensive for what they are. Would highly recommend using Uber or Lyft. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ last month. They have a complimentary shuttle service that will pick you up at the airport and for an extra 22.00 they will take you to the ship the following morning.  There are quite a few hotels in Elizabeth and I would say that the drive to the ship was less than 1/2 hour. Also, Jersey Gardens Mall is very close to the hotel (walkable). 

I would stay there again and I do recommend it. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, Lois R said:

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ last month. They have a complimentary shuttle service that will pick you up at the airport and for an extra 22.00 they will take you to the ship the following morning.  There are quite a few hotels in Elizabeth and I would say that the drive to the ship was less than 1/2 hour. Also, Jersey Gardens Mall is very close to the hotel (walkable). 

I would stay there again and I do recommend it. 

Do they have on site parking for the night we would stay there?

42 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Yes, there is on site parking. You ought to call the hotel though and see if there is a fee to park for the length of time you need. If you need parking for only 1 night I doubt there is a charge.

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Per the hotel's website parking is $20 per night,

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ewreles-embassy-suites-newark-airport/hotel-info/

• Parking

Self-parking: $20.00 per day

Valet parking: Not available

EV charging: Not available

Secured: Not available

Covered: Not available

In/Out privileges: Available

We've stayed many times at the Comfort Inn Suites in Elizabeth NJ for our cruises out of Cape Liberty...as recently as last October. Love the location and a plus is the shuttle offered from EWR. This hotel has recently undergone a great update.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Elizabeth, and plan on staying at the Hampton Inn Elizabeth coming up. They are both right outside the Newark Airport and an easy ride to the port. The Crowne plaza was nice, especially for the price, but there is no where to go without driving, and it's a bit of a pain.  Trying the Hampton inn since it's right next to the mall, which is where we ended up driving to last time anyway for dinner. 

21 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Elizabeth, and plan on staying at the Hampton Inn Elizabeth coming up. They are both right outside the Newark Airport and an easy ride to the port. The Crowne plaza was nice, especially for the price, but there is no where to go without driving, and it's a bit of a pain.  Trying the Hampton inn since it's right next to the mall, which is where we ended up driving to last time anyway for dinner. 

My bad (senior moment) on the above post #10. It was Hampton Inn & Suites in NJ on International Blvd. You'll enjoy this hotel and location to the mall. Couldn't have worked out better for us.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

My bad (senior moment) on the above post #10. It was Hampton Inn & Suites in NJ on International Blvd. You'll enjoy this hotel and location to the mall. Couldn't have worked out better for us.

Oh good. Yeah, we ate at the Ruby Tuesdays right there last month when we stayed at the Crowne plaza, so now if we want we can just walk right through the parking lot or hit Ihop for some pancake dinner! lol 

First stay there we ate at Ruby Tuesdays and it was horrible. Second visit we ate at Ihop and in the mall (staying two pre cruise nights) and Ruby Tuesdays was closed. I saw that RT's has reopened.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

First stay there we ate at Ruby Tuesdays and it was horrible. Second visit we ate at Ihop and in the mall (staying two pre cruise nights) and Ruby Tuesdays was closed. I saw that RT's has reopened.

It is opened. I ate there back in May and it was fine. Nothing 5 star but definitely not in the horrible category. 

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yep, we ate there 3 weeks ago. Trying to find something a little different to try this time around, but since we'll literally be in the parking lot, that's probably where we'll end up again

On 8/7/2024 at 6:57 PM, Ashland said:

We’ve stayed twice at the Embassy Suites, which was fine. Much better than the typical Embassy Suites where the rooms open onto an atrium, this has regular hallways and the rooms have exterior windows, some with nice views of Manhattan in the distance. 

We gave that Ruby Tuesday two tries. Absolutely horrible both times, the food and service. The IHOP was fine. 

I see from above that the Ruby Tuesdays has reopened. I hope it’s under totally new management. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 11:11 AM, Turtles06 said:

We’ve stayed twice at the Embassy Suites, which was fine. Much better than the typical Embassy Suites where the rooms open onto an atrium, this has regular hallways and the rooms have exterior windows, some with nice views of Manhattan in the distance. 

We gave that Ruby Tuesday two tries. Absolutely horrible both times, the food and service. The IHOP was fine. 

I see from above that the Ruby Tuesdays has reopened. I hope it’s under totally new management. 

The service and food were both fine last month, in fact the server and hostess were almost TOO friendly, lol. So maybe it changed hands 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also can recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites. Staying there again in March 2025 .Also Residence Inn and Embassy Suites  are also fine , but a bit more money.

Been to Ruby Tuesdays several times and it was fine.  It was closed the last time we were there.  IHOP is fine for breakfast  but dinner was awful. 

On 8/27/2024 at 2:37 PM, Bleueyes44 said:

I also can recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites. Staying there again in March 2025 .Also Residence Inn and Embassy Suites  are also fine , but a bit more money.

Been to Ruby Tuesdays several times and it was fine.  It was closed the last time we were there.  IHOP is fine for breakfast  but dinner was awful. 

We'll be staying there again but in Oct 2025.

IHOP breakfast for dinner is always a good choice there.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruby Tuesday is open again, after a reno after the fire but I haven't been there to eat.  Last time I stayed at the ES, I just ate dinner in their restaurant.  The food is decent for a hotel. That iHop is horrible, they screw up breakfast regardless of what time of day.  Ruby Tuesday, years ago, was also terrible, notoriously so.  I live an hour away and our local RT at the time had heard about the one in Elizabeth being horrible.  They got it together eventually, then had a big fire.