Cruise cancelled - if move to another ship/date?

The Brilliance TA in 4/25 has just been cancelled. 

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

If you prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.

my TA has a ton of OBC… if I love to another cruise will it be under the same booking ref so will my OBC be protected?

one for @Ourusualbeach perhaps? 
thanks x

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

If you prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.

my TA has a ton of OBC… if I love to another cruise will it be under the same booking ref so will my OBC be protected?

thanks x

Curious what Option 1 is?  A replacement TA or another pre-existing TA?

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

thanks x

Depends on what the OBC was from as to whether it will be protected but most should be

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

thanks x

Was that the one that was finishing in Portsmouth? That was an amazing itinerary. I would have seriously considered that one if we were able to do TAs.

You don't seem to be having much luck with your sailings just now. Gutted for you. ☹️

1 minute ago, little britain said:

I suspect so as there was a short one out of NOLO which was then followed with 2n empty round to Miami for the TA in 4/12. Now her TA is 4/7. 

I'd think the 5-day out of Nola on 4/5 would be canceled then.

So there still is a TA, just moved up a few days? Why don't they just move people to the new date instead of canceling outright?

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'd think the 5-day out of Nola on 4/5 would be canceled then.

So there still is a TA, just moved up a few days? Why don't they just move people to the new date instead of canceling outright?

It looks like it's a completely different itinerary ending in a different country so that might be why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

thanks x

Yes, we were on same cruise and obviously got the email and quite sad it’s not happening.

We have already booked our flights to arrive in Miami on the 10th but the replacement option they have offered leaves Miami on the 7th so our flights would have to be changed. I noted on the email they say they would pay up to $400 per person for international flight changes. Checked KLM (who are flights are booked with) and to change dates we are looking at £550 for the two of us so costs are covered.

Anybody tried claiming back flight change costs and how easy is it to get done (quickly)?

34 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'd call and see why I couldn't swap one cruise ending up in Southampton with another one ending in Southampton. I'd lay it on thick about how inconvenient going to Barcelona would be, as everything else is based out of Southampton. It never hurts to try.

I called. Balcony instead of suite for same price. 

9 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'd call and see why I couldn't swap one cruise ending up in Southampton with another one ending in Southampton. I'd lay it on thick about how inconvenient going to Barcelona would be, as everything else is based out of Southampton. It never hurts to try.

Original Brilliance TA ended in Portsmouth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherful59 said:

I had looked at this itinerary also.  So glad I didn’t book it now.  Sorry for those that did.

They have apparently also cancelled the first 2 cruises after her dry dock - perhaps they realise that she needs a lot of work! 

Yes it was a fabulous itinerary 😫