PSA for those who order Conundrum Red Blend on your premium drink package...

Posted (edited)
At my local Costco, they had Conundrum Red blend on sale for $13.99.  This is my go to red wine on Celebrity's premium drink package.  For $2 more, also on sale, is Bonanza Cabernet, which I prefer to Conundrum.

Both are made by the Wagner family of Caymus fame, so this is a great price if you want to enjoy the same wine at home that you may drink on Celebrity's ships (Probably about the same price for a glass as the price of this bottle.)

Sorry, but I only took a photo of the Bonanza price.

As a side note, I also sometimes order Decoy on Celebrity, which is very good as well. 

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Bonanza is produced by Caymus Vineyards.

https://vinepair.com/articles/bonanza-baby-caymus-wagner-family/

No it's not. Read the label. "Bottled and vinted by Bonanza Winery". That means the winery (Bonanza in this case, not Caymus) made between 0 and 10% of the grapes. They source grapes from all over California to blend the wine, mostly from Lodi. It's nothing like a proper Napa Caymus. People see the Wagner name attached to it and think it's a bargain Caymus. It's not at all. 

• Like 2

Costco is my favorite place to buy wine. I use the vivino wine app & buy anything if rated 4 or higher & it hasn't failed me yet. Costco has the best prices on wine.  Costco is also my favorite store. My husband joked that I would only be willing to move if there's a Costco within a 15 minute drive! I've gotten great wines at good prices.  Even got a Brunello on sale once.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

No it's not. Read the label. "Bottled and vinted by Bonanza Winery". That means the winery (Bonanza in this case, not Caymus) made between 0 and 10% of the grapes. They source grapes from all over California to blend the wine, mostly from Lodi. It's nothing like a proper Napa Caymus. People see the Wagner name attached to it and think it's a bargain Caymus. It's not at all. 

It's not a Napa wine, but rather, Fairfield about 18 miles away.  It's owned by the Caymus folks, i.e. Chuck Wagner.  It's not the same as Caymus, but it's an excellent wine, particularly at this $16 price point.  Not sure how much more clarification you need.  

Edited by Stockjock

My favorite California wines are out of Livermore Valley -- Wente.  I was a member of their wine club for many years but stopped when I had to cut back on consumption.  

When we first started sailing with Celebrity, Wente was their "house brand" the same as the Elegance by Kenall Jackson is today. 

22 hours ago, Stockjock said:

It's not a Napa wine, but rather, Fairfield about 18 miles away.  It's owned by the Caymus folks, i.e. Chuck Wagner.  It's not the same as Caymus, but it's an excellent wine, particularly at this $16 price point.  Not sure how much more clarification you need.  

IMG_4326.thumb.jpeg.9a43306ba16f5aa47239f72ed07d3971.jpegDon’t forget that Costco has some really good “private label” wines like this one in the pic, Napa Valley single vineyard cab

at I believe just over $17 per bottle 

cheers

• Like 1