what should we know about the Enchanted Princess?

We are going to New England/Canada on the Enchanted Princess. So far we have sailed on the Ruby, the Discovery and the Majestic. We find that each ship have their own little quirks and/or advantages. So what should we know in advance about the Enchanted? 

13 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I just finished a review of our 6/15 sailing on her. 

Thank you...I just finished reading it. Kudos to you and I am glad y'all enjoyed your cruise. I am posting the link to it here for anyone else who is interested (and so I can find it again...not very computer literate😬https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3015498-enchanted-princess-61524-sailing-review/#comment-67566725

Some things worth noting from my time onboard in May:

• Amalfi Dining Room is only accessible from the aft elevators
  • Gigi's is the only casual dining option available on port days.
  • O'Malley's and Ocean Terrace are only open for lunch on sea days.
  • If you want to get lunch at O'Malley's get there very early to snag a table before they actually open for lunch. You can bring drinks over from Good Spirits or the International Cafe while you wait.
  • Princess Live bar serves coffee drinks during the daytime most days.
  • You have to go through the Fitness Center to get to the Wakeview area on deck 17 unless you go out the back of the buffet on Deck 16 then up the stairs.
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Some things worth noting from my time onboard in May:

• Amalfi Dining Room is only accessible from the aft elevators
  • Gigi's is the only casual dining option available on port days.
  • O'Malley's and Ocean Terrace are only open for lunch on sea days.
  • If you want to get lunch at O'Malley's get there very early to snag a table before they actually open for lunch. You can bring drinks over from Good Spirits or the International Cafe while you wait.
  • Princess Live bar serves coffee drinks during the daytime most days.
  • You have to go through the Fitness Center to get to the Wakeview area on deck 17 unless you go out the back of the buffet on Deck 16 then up the stairs.

Thanks Jamie, that's the kind of tidbits I was looking for.

Posted (edited)

There are small coffee bars at Princess Live bar and in the buffet. My granddaughter loved their hot chocolate. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

There are small coffee bars at Princess Live bar and in the buffet. My granddaughter loved their hot chocolate. 

Thanks, I do love my coffee...at home we still use a percolator and/or a french press

2 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

Thanks, I do love my coffee...at home we still use a percolator and/or a french press

I tend to get my coffee from the IC.  But several times my wife asked for tea while we were at the buffet with the kids.  That’s when I discovered the coffee bar nestled amongst the baked goods. They had the same green tea served at the IC.

• Like 2

I was glad to see/read this posting too. I just book for 7, possibly 8 of us for the Enchanted Princess this February. As my PVP said, it is an upgrade from the Regal which we did in February, and really liked. As my son said while we were checking out the Enchanted, it looked similiar to the Regal, and as he said, it would probably be better to navigate, now that we have done the Regal. We are doing the 10 Day, and not the New England/Canada cruise, but ALL information in regard to the Enchanted I like to read or see.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It is $140/person to book the 360 Dining Experience.

Did they reduce the price or was that a typo.?

It used to be $149.

15 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I tend to get my coffee from the IC.  But several times my wife asked for tea while we were at the buffet with the kids.  That’s when I discovered the coffee bar nestled amongst the baked goods. They had the same green tea served at the IC.

Thanks! That's good to know I drink green tea as well. 

14 hours ago, beshears said:

I was glad to see/read this posting too. I just book for 7, possibly 8 of us for the Enchanted Princess this February. As my PVP said, it is an upgrade from the Regal which we did in February, and really liked. As my son said while we were checking out the Enchanted, it looked similiar to the Regal, and as he said, it would probably be better to navigate, now that we have done the Regal. We are doing the 10 Day, and not the New England/Canada cruise, but ALL information in regard to the Enchanted I like to read or see.

We’ve sailed Regal & Enchanted & love both ships. The two biggest differences we found were the much more comfortable design of Princess Live on Enchanted, with lass than a theater feel & more of a club feel. It’s much better for trivia & game shows. Enchanted also has an aft pool on Lido deck.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, richsea said:

We’ve sailed Regal & Enchanted & love both ships. The two biggest differences we found were the much more comfortable design of Princess Live on Enchanted, with lass than a theater feel & more of a club feel. It’s much better for trivia & game shows. Enchanted also has an aft pool on Lido deck.

That aft pool is even tinier than the 2 in the middle of the slide deck.  I had thought it would be a good place for sailaway. But the pool was shoulder to shoulder with kids and the smoke drifts down from the deck above. YMMV.

1 hour ago, Mississippian said:

It's a nice ship, but they don't have a Vines and they took out the bartop video poker, so they eliminated two of the things I like most about a cruise.

I missed Vines and also the Wheelhouse bar, which on Sapphire and Caribbean was a pleasant, quiet, relaxing venue. Even when there was music.  The Piazza is quite large (and noisy) compared to older ships and a lot takes place there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

I missed Vines and also the Wheelhouse bar, which on Sapphire and Caribbean was a pleasant, quiet, relaxing venue. Even when there was music.  The Piazza is quite large (and noisy) compared to older ships and a lot takes place there.

Princess is so proud of their Piazza, and I'm like, big whoop. And they need to move dancing to someplace other than the Piazza.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mississippian said:

Princess is so proud of their Piazza, and I'm like, big whoop. And they need to move dancing to someplace other than the Piazza.

I agree! All it is, is noise and crowds. On the Regal, we couldn't enjoy Alfredo's because it was so loud. 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 2:42 PM, ImperialLady said:

.Thanks I will check it out as soon as we board.

Not sure if you're able to book onboard.  We booked prior to sailing.  It was wonderful!

We thought the Enchanted was a lovely ship, very clean, lots to do and the staff and crew are topnotch!  
The only issue we saw was that they are very understaffed.  We waited over 25 minutes on the line at the Gelato bar because they only had two people behind the counter. At one point there were over 35 people on the line to order.  I stopped someone from the Crew and asked them to get someone to help them.  He put another employee behind the counter to take the orders so the other two could prepare the gelato.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mississippian said:

Where would you move it?  Up on deck it gets too hot to dance at certain times of the year.  Club fusion has enough room to dance but that is only on some of the older ships.
I enjoy the atmosphere in the Piazza...you can stop by most any time of the day and watch folks enjoying themselves, whether they are dancing, enjoying games, listening to music or just having a cuppa and a pastry. A few weeks ago in the Piazza on Enchanted they had a kids fair with faceprinting, chocolate fountain with all kinds of goodies, arts and crafts, etc. The kids looked to be having a great time!
 I look at it as the Heart of the ship!  JMHO!

• Like 4