Speciality dining packages-do they ever go on sale?

Flygirl1999

Hello, 

We have booked a 10 night Med cruise on the Equinox this October; I keep checking the Speciality dining package deals for our cruise and have only been seeing a 5% off deal. (For 3 night, 5 night and unlimited).   Does anyone have insight as to when they publish any deeper discounts?  Thank you in advance……

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If they are selling well then 5-8% may be all you get.  But they do have flash sales, some are on selected cruises other times like holidays they have sales with better discounts.  Check your cruise planner for possible 4th of July sales.

And from what I read here and the other unnamed site, interest in specialty dining seems to be very high.

4 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

It used to be you could get something like 30% off if you ask on the first night. We always take advantage of that even if we get a package (just ask to charge it separately). 

They now offer 30% off thev first night for some restaurants on S & M class ships.  You can book before boarding through the Cruise Planner.  Those reservations frequently sell out before sailing. 

I found a 15% flash sale for the 5-night package back in March (for an 11-night cruise on the Beyond in December). Had a lot of OBC for this cruise so I figured I would use it for the dining package. The Celebrity sales and flash sales can be pretty random so I would keep checking.

Keep checking for flash sales.  I have not determined a rhyme or reason to the pattern of sales.  But as stated above, now is a good possibility with the holiday approaching.

For our April 2024 Silhouette cruise, there was a Black Friday flash sale at the end of November 2023.  So, that was about four months ahead of the cruise.  I booked the Unlimited Specialty Dining Package at 35% off.

Yes, we could not make our reservations until we boarded the ship.  As soon as we got on board we went directly to Murano and the host stationed there was immediately available to book all nights of our dining at all of the specialty restaurants.  We had no issue getting the times we wanted.  However we typically eat around 8:00pm.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Flygirl1999 said:

Thanks everyone for all the input!  Wondering, if you are on the mailing list, do they typically send out a email with regards to the flash sale?

Usually, but if you are on the mailing list celebrity is email happy at times and you could get 5+ emails daily.  I usually check sometime on the weekends overall, I know Ill look soon as there hopefully is a July 4 sale that will hit soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Usually, but if you are on the mailing list celebrity is email happy at times and you could get 5+ emails daily.  I usually check sometime on the weekends overall, I know Ill look soon as there hopefully is a July 4 sale that will hit soon

I said the same thing. People told me to delete them. 😆 

If there are days and times that you really want, then book it ahead of time.  The savings may not be as good as a package but at least you know when your reservation is.  We also do not like to eat after 7 pm and on some cruises, those may be the only times available.  On our cruise on Ascent, there were good deals on several of the restaurants at 30% off with very good times.  On our previous cruise, no discounts and limited availability.  So it is a gamble in a sense.

• Like 1