Taking drinks from CK (or suite lounge)

First time in a sky-class Suite on Symphony OTS coming up -- woo-hoo! I was watching some video walk through of the suite and the host said here's the fridge which you can get stocked with drinks from Coastal Kitchen; "they'll give you everything you need." Presumably non-alcolholic, but even that would be great, but I have my doubts... I haven't found anyone discussing that they've done that -- do you simply go there and say you want a couple cans of soda and a container of OJ and take them to the room? Subsequently I learned that on the oasis-class ships the suite lounge serves wine/beer and soft drinks from 11-11. Is there some rule (and do they enforce it) that the drinks have to be consumed in the lounge, or you can take those out? And maybe that's a better place to get things to stock the fridge from?

There are two small fridges there. You can help yourself to a can or two when the bartender is not present. They only stock them twice a day so please be considerate of your fellow suite guests.

When the bartender and server are present, they will get you what you want. People do carry a drink out with them if you like walking with a drink...

• Like 1

You can definitely take drinks out with you.

Now if you came in every couple of minutes for a drink to go they may ask questions. But for the drink before dinner or drink to take to the pool, definitely this is allowed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i never buy a drink package so went to CK through out the day and got soda, water etc for the fridge. however ,when i was in an aqua suite that was a loooong walk. just no fun. much easier when in CLS

i remedied this situation by booking a Yacht Club cruise on msc. free drinks anywhere, any time, including the mini fridge filled with whatever i wanted. It was heaven! also had a nice suite deck and pool buffet, things oasis never, nor will have. and a butler. all for cheaper than my CLS on oasis. I do miss the larger cabin but the level of service exceeded even my Royal Suite on Liberty of the seas. 

and i just chuckle because on every royal forum the constant question is asked 'what are the free drink hours in the SL'   drinking around a schedule is something i wont ever do again lol. and never needing reservations to eat was glorious too!

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 1

I have a running joke with my cruise friends and concierges: when it's time to go to dinner (or wherever) I take my "sippy cup" with me. I just pour the drink into a to-go paper cup with the "sipping lid" on it.

Posted (edited)

I believe only Star class will stock your cabin fridge with whatever you want - not Sky class. 
I’ve stayed in a Crown Loft several times with no such service but the steward gave us a tour of the Star Loft suite once and there were cases of soft drinks inside the room for the guests staying there. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

The concierge will leave a welcome letter in your cabin that says the happy hour drinks are for consumption in the lounge, but always during happy hour the waiters/bartenders have given us "one for the road" -  a drink to take to dinner, or a drink to take to the evening show. 

• Like 1

We always ask for a couple of bottles of water when we are ready to leave the CK in the evening, and we also stop by during the day when the bar is open and pick up a couple of beers to take back to our suite. Never had a problem doing that.

• Like 1