360 Experience on Discovery

Wink87

We are treating ourselves to a suite for the first time on our Sept Alaska cruise on Discovery.  We received an email invite to the 360 Experience. Would love to hear thoughts from folks who have experienced this. 

45 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Don't google or search on the internet for anything about it. 

Be truly surprised in this immersive experience. 

Our family loved every minute. 

We are not fancy people and when I saw a clip of the folks around the table I felt I would be out of place. Hmmm

2 hours ago, Wink87 said:

We are treating ourselves to a suite for the first time on our Sept Alaska cruise on Discovery.  We received an email invite to the 360 Experience. Would love to hear thoughts from folks who have experienced this. 

Please clarify, my understanding was if you did not book your ‘suite‘ before December 1, 2023, then 360 is NOT complimentary. So your email invite was just asking you to consider booking 360 or did it also say it was being offered ‘complimentary’?

34 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Please clarify, my understanding was if you did not book your ‘suite‘ before December 1, 2023, then 360 is NOT complimentary. So your email invite was just asking you to consider booking 360 or did it also say it was being offered ‘complimentary’?

We actually booked a usual mini suite before Dec 1, 2023 but then upgraded to owner's suite a few months ago. The invitation is for a complimentary experience and to book with our suite concierge once we board.

4 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

We actually booked a usual mini suite before Dec 1, 2023 but then upgraded to owner's suite a few months ago. The invitation is for a complimentary experience and to book with our suite concierge once we board.

We are in OS October sailing and and no invite...we have done it 2 times on the Discovery an was great!

debbie 360.jpg

We took part in this on the Discovery, one as a gift from a dear friend.  It was spectacular .. dinner and a show, the show being the highlight of the evening.  I wouldn’t do it again as I don’t think our experience could be beat.  But one time, it was truly amazing!  

It was a lovely experience because it was new and different. The food for me wasn't so great but the filet mignon was enough to make me satisfied. I don't drink any wines except sweet ones  so  the wines were a waste on me. I enjoyed the experience complimentary in a suite but wouldn't pay for it. I would prefer the chef's table if I were paying. 

There is no dress code, plenty of nice jeans and polo shirts when I was there. It is so dark you won't see what others are wearing nor care.

13 hours ago, Wink87 said:

We are not fancy people and when I saw a clip of the folks around the table I felt I would be out of place. Hmmm

We dress the same whether it is MDR, buffet or specialty. Long pants and a button down shirt for me never felt out of place at 360

13 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Although it's not a requirement for formal dressing from the sound of your post you might be more comfortable with dressing up. Some folks go all out for the affair. 

Yes, wear what you feel comfortable in.  Enjoy it.

It's like being at a Disney audio/video immersive attraction in Epcot with stereotypical sights and sounds of various Mediterranean locations and destinations. It's definitely unique to a cruise ship.

We went at the beginning of the year. Complementary as we had a suite.

I was so incredible that we are going again in August and PAYING for it.

We did just received the invite as we are again in a suite. It is no longer complementary but they send out the invite because the seating is so limited.

We already booked because we like early dining.

• Like 1