Deployment 2026-27 Booking Season Begins

Wow - a solar eclipse cruise.  Amazing - sooo tempted to do that.  Assume they will find the place with clear skies if they can.  I was already planning to go to Spain for it.  9 nights is quite a commitment though……

11 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Same ports  as the Oasis class ships.

I’m skeptical that they’d have Harmony and Icon 3 go the same places. Also skeptical that they’d send Harmony back to the USA mid-summer new ships can charge much higher fares sailing from Florida. 

2 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I’m skeptical that they’d have Harmony and Icon 3 go the same places. Also skeptical that they’d send Harmony back to the USA mid-summer new ships can charge much higher fares sailing from Florida. 

They have multiple ships all doing the same itineraries in the Caribbean so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they could do the same in Europe.

It's hard to say with any confidence that new ships could sail from Florida at higher prices as it's been a very long time since a new ship sailed from Europe for her debut.  I can tell you that the Prices for Allure this summer out of Europe are comparable to or more than other OA class ships sailing from Florida

6 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

They have multiple ships all doing the same itineraries in the Caribbean so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they could do the same in Europe.

It's hard to say with any confidence that new ships could sail from Florida at higher prices as it's been a very long time since a new ship sailed from Europe for her debut.  I can tell you that the Prices for Allure this summer out of Europe are comparable to or more than other OA class ships sailing from Florida

Wonder was new in Europe in 2022 and not particularly expensive (same ballpark as other OA class ships). Meanwhile, Icon in Miami is MUCH more expensive than any other ships sailing from FL. 

In general, I don’t get the impression Europeans are interested in the kind of mark-up Americans will tolerate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nettee said:

Wow - a solar eclipse cruise.  Amazing - sooo tempted to do that.  Assume they will find the place with clear skies if they can.  I was already planning to go to Spain for it.  9 nights is quite a commitment though……

We were on Oasis or the Solar Eclipse and although nice there was a lot of reflective light from the ocean so you did not get total darkness.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Wonder was new in Europe in 2022 and not particularly expensive (same ballpark as other OA class ships). Meanwhile, Icon in Miami is MUCH more expensive than any other ships sailing from FL. 

In general, I don’t get the impression Europeans are interested in the kind of mark-up Americans will tolerate. 

2022 was during the Covid start up and prices were depressed everywhere so that is not really a comparative example.  You also can;'t compare Icon to other ships as even compared to ships in Florida she is grossly overpriced yuet they are getting those prices and there is no reason to assume that she wouldn't overseas.

Edited by Ken at the beach
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

2022 was during the Covid start up and prices were depressed everywhere so that is not really a comparative example.  You also can;'t compare Icon to other ships as even compared to ships in Florida she is grossly overpriced yuet they are getting those prices and there is no reason to assume that she wouldn't overseas.

If they think they can charge more money in Europe, why are they sending fewer ships there and progressively older ones? They’ll send Liberty OTS there at the same time as they send a brand new ship? Doesn’t pass the smell test for me but I guess we will see. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can't compare COVID restart prices to today.

Got that right, was Traveling Solo at $50-60 a day for Corner Aft "Sunset" Balcony. Had 12 Cruises Booked all about same rate. Irony is High as Rates are now they were even more expensive back in the 80's compared to now. But lot of the time now passenger 3-4 are typically cheaper then even 25yrs ago before Royal became a Family Cruise Line

Does anyone know where the Odyssey is going on March 1, 2026?  I’m thinking maybe a transatlantic to dry dock? But to where? I see she is sailing from Rome later that spring. We’re booked on the Feb 22nd sailing out of Bayonne and wanted to add March 1st, but not sure where it’s going. 

10 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Does anyone know where the Odyssey is going on March 1, 2026?  I’m thinking maybe a transatlantic to dry dock? But to where? I see she is sailing from Rome later that spring. We’re booked on the Feb 22nd sailing out of Bayonne and wanted to add March 1st, but not sure where it’s going. 

Hasn't been announced but it could be a drydock

2 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

100% in Europe we would not be paying those silly prices!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

If they think they can charge more money in Europe, why are they sending fewer ships there and progressively older ones? They’ll send Liberty OTS there at the same time as they send a brand new ship? Doesn’t pass the smell test for me but I guess we will see. 

Because there is much more competition in Europe, from cruise lines that are not only less expensive but can get to more ports.  Sending smaller ships levels some of that with respect to the port issue. 

I was hoping there'd be a roundtrip sailing from Athens like in 2025 but so far, not looking like it! Maybe i'll be surprised when it officially releases. Otherwise, I guess we'll be doing Explorer from Venice so we can at least do a DAY in Athens.

5 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

Maybe Icon 3?

I would not guess so, imho. Wasn't she due to go to Asia?

However let's try to find out which ones COULD do Europe 2026. Personally I would expect it to be Northern Europe as Mediterranean and Southampton were released by the test uploads already:
-Adventure: based in Port Canaveral until April 26, either staying there year round or crossing over to Europe
-Enchantment/Grandeur/Rhapsody: Tampa until April 26, as there's theree ships (Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody) based there until April I cannot imagine that three will stay there year round - one of them could do Europe. 
-Jewel, if not staying in San Juan year-round what I certainly believe 
-Mariner is just open for booking until JAN. 2026?? Big question what she is doing afterwards, possible Europe candidate? Or taking over the program done by Jewel otS 2025?
-RADIANCE is the biggest question mark IMHO: okay, she's based in FLL until April 2026 but it seems to be the first time after 25 years (apart from covid) that she is NOT DOING Alaska in summer 2026. Europe candidate? 
-Serenade, if she is not doing Alaska 2026.

All the other ships I did not mention I'd personally exclude being candidates for Europe as they are based elsewhere already where an Europe deployment is unlikely imho. The week from 18th of Nov. when the first Caribbean program will be released we should know way more. 

Edited by shipfriend_max
  • Thanks 1