How to obtain the Elite Plus discount when booking a Specialty Restaurant

keesar

I am looking to book a Specialty Restaurant online.  How do I go about obtaining the Elite Plus discount?  Do I need to call?  I also see a 15% flash sale.  Can the flash sale and Elite Plus offer be combined?  Thank you.  

26 minutes ago, keesar said:

Thank you all for the advice.  It would be easier to just take the 15% online.   So I assume that the 15% being Elite Plus comes off the  "suggested retail price".

We just got off Eclipse and can give you our direct experience with both ways of booking. We are also Elite+.

Prior to sailing we booked a 3-night dining package.  In doing so we contacted Captains Club and they compared our Elite+ discount to the sale price being offered and provided the best option of the two for our booking. In our case it turned out that our CC discount was the better of the two and that was what we had them apply.  But it is, as mentioned, an either / or choice with planner bookings.

On board we dined two additional nights at Sushi on 5, which of course is a la carte, and in our experience not a good choice for a package credit based on our history with a la carte purchases.  When the bill was presented, the restaurant discounted it on both occasions by our CC 20% discount, which made that the far better option for an on board purchase v prior to sailing.

Out of curiosity we also checked as an option for a second on board purchase night at Murano and the pricing was indeed based on the on board price, but our CC 20% discount would be applied to that if we had wanted to dine there a second night.

So prior to sailing v on board can depend on the sale price being offered on the planner versus your tier level discount.  But on board the pricing typically is not sale based, but your full discount will be applied to any booking made.  You just have to do the math ahead of time to compare.

As further example, we have a November cruise upcoming.  The current planner dining package pricing is not very attractive and our CC discount for individual purchases on board surprisingly is more attractive.  (It would also be similar with individual planner versus package pricing).  It just depends on the sailing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As a Zenith we get a 25% discount.   Unfortunately the only way to get it, is to call in and have them apply it.   Normally I just book it online and then once on the ship have them adjust the price.  Since we are in Retreat I just ask the concierge to take care of it.  

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We just got off Eclipse and can give you our direct experience with both ways of booking. We are also Elite+.

Prior to sailing we booked a 3-night dining package.  In doing so we contacted Captains Club and they compared our Elite+ discount to the sale price being offered and provided the best option of the two for our booking. In our case it turned out that our CC discount was the better of the two and that was what we had them apply.  But it is, as mentioned, an either / or choice with planner bookings.

On board we dined two additional nights at Sushi on 5, which of course is a la carte, and in our experience not a good choice for a package credit based on our history with a la carte purchases.  When the bill was presented, the restaurant discounted it on both occasions by our CC 20% discount, which made that the far better option for an on board purchase v prior to sailing.

Out of curiosity we also checked as an option for a second on board purchase night at Murano and the pricing was indeed based on the on board price, but our CC 20% discount would be applied to that if we had wanted to dine there a second night.

So prior to sailing v on board can depend on the sale price being offered on the planner versus your tier level discount.  But on board the pricing typically is not sale based, but your full discount will be applied to any booking made.  You just have to do the math ahead of time to compare.

As further example, we have a November cruise upcoming.  The current planner dining package pricing is not very attractive and our CC discount for individual purchases on board surprisingly is more attractive.  (It would also be similar with individual planner versus package pricing).  It just depends on the sailing.

That you for the comprehensive explanation.  You cite 20% for your Elite Plus.  Mine says 15%.   How did you get the 20%?