Can We Get the Birthday Breakfast?

doglover214

On OC, a special breakfast in Waterside could be requested for one’s birthday. 
In August, we will be sailing on Serenity, and hoped a member of our group would be able to enjoy this special breakfast. 
I contacted Onboard Guest Services, only to be told, it is no longer offered. 
could this be true?

We were told the same on our recent cruise on Serenity   Las Palmas - Miami

No birthday breakfast available. We had wanted my husband’s to be delivered by room service as it had been for my birthday several years ago. 

• Like 1

The new Crystal brought back many things from the old Crystal, but not everything. The birtday breakfast is no longer available. It started as a tie-in with Crystal's birthday, was it the 25th? I had it 2, possibly 3 times, and always thought it was over done and actually not all that great. Others felt differently.

Patty

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

The new Crystal brought back many things from the old Crystal, but not everything. The birtday breakfast is no longer available. It started as a tie-in with Crystal's birthday, was it the 25th? I had it 2, possibly 3 times, and always thought it was over done and actually not all that great. Others felt differently.

Patty

Agreed.

• Like 1

Your butler will be delighted to special order the filet mignon, lobster, pancakes, eggs, champagne , etc. for breakfast in your suite, for just yourselves, or several invited guests. Just ask 24 hours in advance. Could be a fun pajama party. 🎉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2024 at 3:41 PM, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

+1 Patty!!

It was fun…. Once.  It was the kind of thing that was special to try, but that I wasn’t excited to repeat.  After it was experienced, it needed some reworking to keep it enjoyable, which it never got.  It was time someone put it down.

On 7/1/2024 at 6:14 PM, ryndam said:

Your butler will be delighted to special order the filet mignon, lobster, pancakes, eggs, champagne , etc. for breakfast in your suite, for just yourselves, or several invited guests. Just ask 24 hours in advance. Could be a fun pajama party. 🎉 

This!!  ❤️  On a line where they’re happy to create a more bespoke experience for you, there are plenty of opportunities for a breakfast celebration!

Vince

• Like 4

If they had to give up something Im ok with it being this…

for me the breakfast was Ok but the acknowledgment by staff when we arrived to dining room for my birthday breakfast was much more memorable. IMO

Remember if you want something special for your birthday or other day - ask a day or so in advance.   One of he great parts of Crystal is that they will say and do what you want unless it is truly impossible.   Just ask.  I've seen crew ashore at ports buying some special food that a customer had asked for.   If they can they will

There was something about the Old Crystal Birthday Breakfast. In someways I thought is this the last breakfast because it certainly was not a healthy one.  For certain items like the suites and beef I would only have a few tastes of it.  So I think it's better to do as Rob did. Create the breakfast you want. Less waste and depending on what you order possibly healthier than the original one.

Keith

• Like 2

For years the Birthday Breakfast was the Holy Grail for my husband— one day we would sail Crystal on his birthday and he would be able to experience it for himself. 

But alas, no more!  😢😢😢

Emily

• Like 2