Crystal Serenity July 2-July 9 Vancouver

360Guy

We are first time Crystal cruisers and looking forward to posting along the way!

As others on previous cruises have been so kind to post daily Reflections and Waterside dinner menus, I plan to do the same.  

Waterside was open for lunch when we boarded and made our way there for a delicious first meal. Service was and is outstanding.  

Let me know if you have any questions!

Bob

Crystal Serenity Reflection July 2.pdfCrystal Serenity July 2 Waterside .pdf

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Enjoy your cruise. I look forward to reading the Reflections. We are counting the days until our September embarkation in NYC.

• Like 1

Hi Bob

This is very kind and helpful of you. We embark in Vancouver on July 23 for a very similar 7 day cruise, with just one different port, Wrangell instead of Sitka. Great to hear that Waterside was open for lunch, hope it's the same for us. I note that the Bistro closed early but this may have been due to embarkation day. Would appreciate your thoughts on Jon Barker in the Avenue, who is new to us.

Thanks again

Colin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krb1000 said:

So wonderful meeting you both…now I’m on the hunt for @BWIVince and @BEAV

Beav and I are both here — I can vouch!  😊 I’m having a foot issue so I’m limping around at the moment and not as mobile as I usually am, which has definitely hindered my socialization, but it was great meeting everyone last night and I can’t wait to see you and Timmy soon as well Kathie!!

Vince

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Beav and I are both here — I can vouch!  😊 I’m having a foot issue so I’m limping around at the moment and not as mobile as I usually am, which has definitely hindered my socialization, but it was great meeting everyone last night and I can’t wait to see you and Timmy soon as well Kathie!!

Vince

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope your foot improves and you enjoy your cruise.

Ivi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi Bob

This is very kind and helpful of you. We embark in Vancouver on July 23 for a very similar 7 day cruise, with just one different port, Wrangell instead of Sitka. Great to hear that Waterside was open for lunch, hope it's the same for us. I note that the Bistro closed early but this may have been due to embarkation day. Would appreciate your thoughts on Jon Barker in the Avenue, who is new to us.

Thanks again

Colin

Hi Colin,

We stopped in briefly to the Avenue and Jon was playing.  We will have to go back for a longer visit so we can give you more feedback but what we did hear was very nice! It is a lovely place!

Bob

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope your foot improves and you enjoy your cruise.

Ivi

Great first impressions — I promise I will start pasting more details in chunks soon, I just want to get past initial first impressions to get a better read before I open my big fat mouth.  😊 I will have LOTS to say about the new standard bathrooms though, I will warn everyone right now.  LOL

Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning,

We are making our way through the Seymour Narrows…so beautiful!

Enclosing the Waterside daily breakfast menu which does not change.  Also Waterside lunch as we are at sea.  Waterside dinner menu is a 10/10 as there are many wonderful choices!  

We had our first dinner last night at Umi Uma. It was wonderful! We were well cared for by Ruel and followed his recommendations.  We will be returning!

Crystal Serenity Waterside Breakfast.pdfCrystal Serenity Waterside Lunch July 3.pdfCrystal Serenity Waterside Dinner July 3.pdf

• Like 5

I’d also point out that today is the Asian-themed lunch buffet in Marketplace, which is a highlight for many Crystal passengers.

Vince

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 360Guy said:

Good Morning,

We are making our way through the Seymour Narrows…so beautiful!

Enclosing the Waterside daily breakfast menu which does not change.  Also Waterside lunch as we are at sea.  Waterside dinner menu is a 10/10 as there are many wonderful choices!  

We had our first dinner last night at Umi Uma. It was wonderful! We were well cared for by Ruel and followed his recommendations.  We will be returning!

Crystal Serenity Waterside Breakfast.pdf 67 kB · 0 downloads Crystal Serenity Waterside Lunch July 3.pdf 61.68 kB · 3 downloads Crystal Serenity Waterside Dinner July 3.pdf 69.24 kB · 5 downloads

Today’s Reflections:Crystal Serenity Reflections July 3.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I’d also point out that today is the Asian-themed lunch buffet in Marketplace, which is a highlight for many Crystal passengers.

Vince

I'd be so jealous if I weren't going to be onboard in a week and will have my chance as it is one of my favorites. And, a shout out to Ryndam for telling me about the soup they serve with the Asian Buffet. Can't guess how many times I never knew about it. Now I know!! 😃

Patty

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Hadn't paid attention that all the restaurants didn't open until 6:30 PM. Will be interested to see if that continues throughout the cruise.

Patty

Noticing that dining is still at 6:30 in all venues. I'll ask next week when I'm on if that is a permanent change going forward. In the summer, especially as far north as Alaska, it is daylight so much later.

Patty

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I'd be so jealous if I weren't going to be onboard in a week and will have my chance as it is one of my favorites. And, a shout out to Ryndam for telling me about the soup they serve with the Asian Buffet. Can't guess how many times I never knew about it. Now I know!! 😃

Patty

NEXT week???  We really need to coordinate our schedules better!  😊 I can’t believe I’m missing/missed both you and @May B by a day on each end!  😢 

Edited to add:  Thanks for giving me an excuse!  Now when people give me puzzling looks in line for my selections, I can simply say “I’m also eating for Patty, since she couldn’t be here this week!”  😁 

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 360Guy said:

Hi Colin,

We stopped in briefly to the Avenue and Jon was playing.  We will have to go back for a longer visit so we can give you more feedback but what we did hear was very nice! It is a lovely place!

Bob

Hi Bob

Brilliant. It's our go to after the evening show. After posting, found some you tubes, assuming it's the same guy !! However, these seemed to be rather ''serios and soulful'' ballads, a little downbeat for the buzzy Avenue. 

Have a great time and thanks again

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi Bob

Brilliant. It's our go to after the evening show. After posting, found some you tubes, assuming it's the same guy !! However, these seemed to be rather ''serios and soulful'' ballads, a little downbeat for the buzzy Avenue. 

Have a great time and thanks again

Colin

Hi Colin

I thought you must be off very soon. I know you have additional elements to this trip so enjoy it all - and make sure we all get to hear your Crystal impressions at some point! (and hugs to Steph!)

Adrian 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

NEXT week???  We really need to coordinate our schedules better!  😊 I can’t believe I’m missing/missed both you and @May B by a day on each end!  😢 

Edited to add:  Thanks for giving me an excuse!  Now when people give me puzzling looks in line for my selections, I can simply say “I’m also eating for Patty, since she couldn’t be here this week!”  😁 

Vince

🥰💖🥰

Yes, I'm on the back to back, July 9 - 23. Happy as it has been hotter than Hades in Texas recently, close to 100 daily with a heat index of 110 and up.

Patty

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It looks like dinner at all the restaurants will be starting at 6:30 pm.  At least for this leg.

And speaking of this leg, there will be no Formal Night.  I could have packed a little lighter if I’d cottoned on to that before we left. 

And after last week with only one showtime at 9:30 pm, now we have two showtimes— one at 7:00 pm and one at 9:30 pm.

In other news, Hubert and Raphael have left, to be replaced by Scott and Rick.

Emily

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for starting this thread @360Guy. You put me to shame as I’m too lazy and unreliable to author/contribute to a thread for a full seven days in a row. 🤦

Here’s one contribution that will provide as a public service announcement that the beehive dessert in Waterside won’t “bee” a problem for folks who are allergic to bee 🐝 stings. It certainly stung my tastebuds…

IMG_6011.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I think we had only one show/night, last week, b/c we had c. 500 cruisers. This week is almost full, so you get two show times.

I think the 6:30 dinner start time is related to the European mgmt.

Vince, so sorry to hear you’re not feeling 100%!

So far your night one and night two Waterside dinners are exactly the same as ours were last week.

Enjoy, everyone! Special thank you to 360Guy for this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

I hope you went to trivia for Patty and me, too, Vince!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, May B said:

I hope you went to trivia for Patty and me, too, Vince!

I didn’t…. 😢  I’ve never really gotten into trivia on Crystal because it conflicts with lunch.  LOL. A “hangry” Vince and a supposedly friendly competition just seem like the setup for either a lifetime ban or jail time.  😁 

8 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

It looks like dinner at all the restaurants will be starting at 6:30 pm.  At least for this leg.

And speaking of this leg, there will be no Formal Night.  I could have packed a little lighter if I’d cottoned on to that before we left. 

And after last week with only one showtime at 9:30 pm, now we have two showtimes— one at 7:00 pm and one at 9:30 pm.

In other news, Hubert and Raphael have left, to be replaced by Scott and Rick.

Emily

I triple checked three times before leaving my dress clothes at home,  It felt so wrong, but I was literally paranoid about leaving them behind and still needing them!

Vince

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Noggins said:

Hi Colin

I thought you must be off very soon. I know you have additional elements to this trip so enjoy it all - and make sure we all get to hear your Crystal impressions at some point! (and hugs to Steph!)

Adrian 

Thanks Adrian

So kind as ever. I will certainly put some thoughts on the board when we get back.However,  I clearly have a lot to live up to with Bob's excellent posts and the other contributions from the megastars of this board😀.

Love to E.

Colin

• Like 2