Live from the Land of Princess

47 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

What did they do to earn that honor?

Trying to set a record for the world's largest pizza party.  Going to be held on every Princess ship in honor of a gentleman who is finally getting his pizza restaurant open on the Sun Princess.  Supposed to be a famous pizza maker.

• Like 2

A very long time ago, Princess would auction off the chart used for your cruise.  There would be one and only one original.  It was quite the prize.  I never participated.

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I liked the cruise logs too. I saw an ad somewhere online yesterday for framed maps of your cruise. The maps show exactly where you cruised. I wish I could remember the website. 

• Like 4

Just now, www3traveler said:

Trying to set a record for the world's largest pizza party.  Going to be held on every Princess ship in honor of a gentleman who is finally getting his pizza restaurant open on the Sun Princess.  Supposed to be a famous pizza maker.

How long will he last?

Think:

Curtis Stone Share

Norman Love desserts

Please feel free to add your recollections

14 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I meant the parents. Lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The agnolotti is not gone.  It's still on the menu on every ship with a freestanding Alfredo's or Gigi's except for the Sun.  Sadly I do think the omission on the Sun menu and the recent pizza change announcement will eventually sound the death knell for it on all of the ships.  It's a shame because it's pretty much the best thing I eat on Princess ships, one of those things that I crave.

I believe the mini freestanding Alfredo’s on the Grand and Sapphire only have Pizza, no Agnolotti. Before casual dining it was an Appetizer, now it is listed as an Entree item. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

They look great for people who like raisins. I am neither a people person nor a raisin person. So far I have tried the peanut butter and the chocolate chip. Both are excellent. 

If you happen to talk to the chef, if you feel like asking, please ask what ingredients are in the peanut butter cookies. I am hoping they are dairy free. I love cookies. 

47 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How long will he last?

Think:

Curtis Stone Share

Norman Love desserts

Good to see Love by Britto managed to open on Sun Princess before disappearing. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Don’t forget Tyra Banks SMiZE Ice Cream.

Thanks.  How could I have forgotten.  But isn't the Sundae's part of her legacy?

I am sure the Peanut Butter cookies have butter.  I wouldn't taste as good if it had lard.

I know nothing about Britto.  Is it gone?  If that is the case, the Sun has more things missing than it has operational.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How long will he last?

Think:

Curtis Stone Share

Norman Love desserts

All depends how long the pairing is for. 

Pretty certain it's not indefinite. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe the mini freestanding Alfredo’s on the Grand and Sapphire only have Pizza, no Agnolotti. Before casual dining it was an Appetizer, now it is listed as an Entree item. 

Yes, you are right. I haven’t been on either ship for a long time so I don’t think about them but from recollection they never had pasta. I remember walking over to the IC to get a salad and brought it to Alfredo’s on both the Sapphire and Grand to enjoy with my pizza. 

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

On the Bayou

IMG_7029.thumb.jpeg.48bda394a493ae3d874b51a7a38657a5.jpeg

IMG_7030.thumb.jpeg.39c5307bfa85b99fbdc10876092e10a2.jpeg

What a creative, innovative production with spectacular costumes. 

Like the other night, this seemed like a shortened version: it was only 34 minutes.

There's usually room for the CD to chat with the audience afterwards. 

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I know nothing about Britto.  Is it gone?  If that is the case, the Sun has more things missing than it has operational.

It just opened on the Sun a couple weeks ago after not being ready when Sun began cruising. Considering the life span of these Specialty Chef inspired restaurants if it didn't get going soon the partnership may expired before it became operational.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, you are right. I haven’t been on either ship for a long time so I don’t think about them but from recollection they never had pasta. I remember walking over to the IC to get a salad and brought it to Alfredo’s on both the Sapphire and Grand to enjoy with my pizza. 

Sadly, salads are no longer available at the IC. 

It's cheap sandwich carb city. We usually get 2 or 3 sandwiches and just eat whatever's inside and leave the bread. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Wait....what??? For real? I swear I have read so many posts on here saying that they had removed it from the menu! That would make me very happy if it's still available!

On some ships they have changed the agnolotti.  I had it on the Enchanted in January & it was small pasta with very little filling (not good at all).  They said the head chef had changed how it was made.  The previous times on other ships I loved it.  I hope they bring back the original!   

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am sure the Peanut Butter cookies have butter.  I wouldn't taste as good if it had lard.

Oh well. I was hoping they were one of those three ingredient cookies that I’ve seen floating around on social media. One could only hope.

You’ll just have to take a bite of everything and tell me how bad it is and that I’m not missing out. I always tell my friends to order things and to tell me if I would like it or not. They always try the things that I request, and then they say “Oh, you wouldn’t want that. It’s not very good”. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Smize ice cream was available when we were onboard last month, is it gone now?

I’ve never seen it so I thought it disappeared. I will have to look on my next cruise. Did you notice if there was any made with almond milk or coconut milk?

15 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Did they have any made with almond milk or coconut milk? I would be very happy if they did.

I only noticed it was available for purchase at the Gelateria in small cartons and I did see a passenger purchase, but I did not see a listing of all of the varieties of SMiZE offered.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I only noticed it was available for purchase at the Gelateria in small cartons and I did see a passenger purchase, but I did not see a listing of all of the varieties of SMiZE offered.

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

My mom and dad are in the 1986 Guinness Book of World Records and now I have the opportunity to be part of a world record too!

Woo hoo!

That’s cool.  What is their Claim to Fame?

The Ice Pilot enrichment was well-timed considering your cancelled ports.  It definitely made it more relevant.  I would have enjoyed listening, as well.  On one of our AK cruises we were unable to get up to Endicott Arm due to an ice field.  Prior to your posts I believed it was due to cold weather and little melting, when in fact, it could have been the exact opposite.  You are a teacher at heart😊.

• Like 2