Anyone live from /onboard Harmony or other "out of Galveston" ships right now?

I have family on there at the moment and their announcement at least a a couple of hours ago was that they were about 378 miles away from Galveston and traveling around 9 knots. We were on the phone and paused so they could hear the announcement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WiscoCruiserRCL said:

Curious if any announcements have been made ON ship about how coming back into home port on Sunday will be, given hurricane path.

The path is nowhere near Galveston or the approach route of returning ships. 

we board Harmony Sunday 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The path is nowhere near Galveston or the approach route of returning ships. 

we board Harmony Sunday 

You may want to watch the radar and latest tracking....Galveston is fully in the cone. The track keeps shifting more northward.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/174634.shtml?cone#contents

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

You may want to watch the radar and latest tracking....Galveston is fully in the cone. The track keeps shifting more northward.

As of now, absolutely nothing to worry about for Galveston, Sunday

IMG_0379.thumb.jpeg.460fe579a1f012464f7f853e7063c0c3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I wouldn't want to park on the bottom level of a Galveston parking garage for that cruise just in case, but the cruise itself has no threats to it at this time.

True. The current path and timing are such that Harmony (and all the Carnival ships) should be out of Galveston long before impact from what's expected to be a cat 1 hits south TX on Monday morning.

Nothing concrete yet, but The Weather Channel reported that there could be an issue the Mariner on Monday.  The reporter also stated he had spoken with port officials. 

44 minutes ago, milolii said:

Nothing concrete yet, but The Weather Channel reported that there could be an issue the Mariner on Monday.  The reporter also stated he had spoken with port officials. 

Good to see The Weather Channel airing anything other than pre-recorded reality shows.  They used to be a very legit source of coverage/information.  Really kinda sucks how far they have fallen.

9 hours ago, huntnewt said:

Any news on Mariner arriving on Monday morning?

Watching numerous weather reports I don't see any way any ship is making it into Galveston Monday morning. 

Posted (edited)

Still too early to know. If Beryl does indeed keep jogging east, that'll make for a messy Monday in Galveston.

If it stays west, they could probably safely get Mariner disembarked. But embarkation of the next cruise may be impacted by heavy rains even if the storm is fully over land.

Some passengers probably won't even be able to make it due to travel issues.

Edited by smokeybandit

6 hours ago, uvadover said:

Good to see The Weather Channel airing anything other than pre-recorded reality shows.  They used to be a very legit source of coverage/information.  Really kinda sucks how far they have fallen.

I think it just because of the storm.  That programming was still on at night and will probably return to its schedule after the storm.  I think the 24 reporting moved to their app, and now has a charge.

• Like 1

I’d be concerned about my car at the pier Monday.  It will interesting to see if the lot floods.  Galveston floods on the strand during heavy rain.  Not sure if the new pier parking is higher then that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’d be concerned about my car at the pier Monday.  It will interesting to see if the lot floods.  Galveston floods on the strand during heavy rain.  Not sure if the new pier parking is higher then that.

Tides are already being reported 1' above normal in Galveston. Tonight/tomorrow is reported to have tides 3-4' above normal with 5+" rain. Only good news is low tide is forecast to be tonight into the morning during the height of storm impact.

• Like 1