Transport Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale

What’s the best & cheapest way to get from MIA to FL. We’re 3 adults flying from the UK so want something easy.

are we able to grab a taxi or best to book a car.

how much would a taxi be?

I know it’s quite a distance so looking for best options.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I would probably book a car.

I agree. One of the commonly recommended services here, like Jiffy Jeff, or Larry's Limo, will take care of all the details, and get you there. If cost is the sole driving (no pun intended) factor, plan on more work and planning issues. 

15 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I agree. One of the commonly recommended services here, like Jiffy Jeff, or Larry's Limo, will take care of all the details, and get you there. If cost is the sole driving (no pun intended) factor, plan on more work and planning issues. 

Thanks looked at Larry’s Limo just wasn’t sure if that was the best option. Obviously we want to get best value for money. Don’t want to pay $150 if a taxi is cheaper and just as easy, but if taxi is going to be more difficult to find after a long haul flight then will go for pre booked 

A google search found that a taxi between the two are between 80-100.

Uber claims to be around $45. 

Personally, after that long of a travel, I'd go for the prebooked to just not worry about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

A google search found that a taxi between the two are between 80-100.

Uber claims to be around $45. 

Personally, after that long of a travel, I'd go for the prebooked to just not worry about it.

Thanks

We live here and would, without hesitation, take the TriRail commuter train (less than $5).  The station is actually right at MIA.  Take that to the FLL stop where you will find a free shuttle to the FLL airport....from the FLL airport it is a very short taxi to the Port.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:48 PM, Babs02 said:

What’s the best & cheapest way to get from MIA to FL. We’re 3 adults flying from the UK so want something easy.

are we able to grab a taxi or best to book a car.

how much would a taxi be?

I know it’s quite a distance so looking for best options.

Are you going from the Miami airport to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale or directly to a ship? We’ve used JiffyJeff and have had a good experience. If you’re looking for something easy, that would be the way to go.

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

We live here and would, without hesitation, take the TriRail commuter train (less than $5).  The station is actually right at MIA.  Take that to the FLL stop where you will find a free shuttle to the FLL airport....from the FLL airport it is a very short taxi to the Port.

I'd probably do something similar, however not after taking a transatlantic flight.

• Like 1

We are flying into Miami in December from UK, so will either take an Uber or Train to FLL Airport and then Taxi to our FLL Hotel. 

As long as the Uber is under $60, that is what I would prefer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thinfool said:

Thanks definitely consideration for return, but not arrival. Don’t think I could manage lugging suitcases on & off trains after a long flight

The prices listed above for private companies are insane!! I would definitely grab an Uber or Lyft. We do this several times a year. I just checked my Uber receipts and our last Uber ride from FLL to the Port of Miami was $56.77 after tip. 

There's no need to schedule it ahead of time. Just request your ride as soon as you have your luggage and are out of the terminal. 

• Like 3

I thought I’d reach out to Jiffy Jeff for our needs in October.  There are only two of us and I was quoted $197 from Miami Airport to a hotel on las Olas in Ft Lauderdale.  Uber looks like it is our best bet.  Train would be ideal but my Mom is 83 and would be too much with luggage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tweedy said:

I thought I’d reach out to Jiffy Jeff for our needs in October.  There are only two of us and I was quoted $197 from Miami Airport to a hotel on las Olas in Ft Lauderdale.  Uber looks like it is our best bet.  Train would be ideal but my Mom is 83 and would be too much with luggage.

Jiffy Jeff have also quoted me $200 from MIA to Hyatt Place FLL. 

• Like 1

We have used Larry's Limos numerous times, but not since Covid.  Booked the sedan and most times a SUV arrived and once a stretch! 

After arriving in MIA it was nice to get into the comfort of the car with aircon and bottled water just at the exit of the luggage collection area.  We found that getting a taxi at MIA was a bit of a lottery as there was no availability outside our arrival terminal.  Uber etc would be great but requires data and roaming data is expensive.  I could not log into the wifi in the arrival terminal.

54 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Uber etc would be great but requires data and roaming data is expensive.  I could not log into the wifi in the arrival terminal.

Have you thought about an E-Sim for your phone, this gives you Data when in USA. 

57 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Uber etc would be great but requires data and roaming data is expensive.  I could not log into the wifi in the arrival terminal.

Another option in addition to getting a sim card for the US, would be to just politely ask someone nearby outside if you could use their data for a moment while you request your Uber. Most Americans have unlimited data on their plans and they can activate a hot spot on their phone for you to connect to, to request your ride. That's just another option. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

Have you thought about an E-Sim for your phone, this gives you Data when in USA. 

current phone is not esim compatible (S21FE), but it is an idea that I did not think consider.  Must check DW's phone or maybe just purchase a spare phone.

Tks for suggestion

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Another option in addition to getting a sim card for the US, would be to just politely ask someone nearby outside if you could use their data for a moment while you request your Uber. Most Americans have unlimited data on their plans and they can activate a hot spot on their phone for you to connect to, to request your ride. That's just another option. 

nice idea! tks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

We have used Larry's Limos numerous times, but not since Covid.  Booked the sedan and most times a SUV arrived and once a stretch! 

After arriving in MIA it was nice to get into the comfort of the car with aircon and bottled water just at the exit of the luggage collection area.  We found that getting a taxi at MIA was a bit of a lottery as there was no availability outside our arrival terminal.  Uber etc would be great but requires data and roaming data is expensive.  I could not log into the wifi in the arrival terminal.

Thanks did consider them