Weather

Hi guys i am planning a cruise 2025 oct with norwegian sun . It sails 5 days in hawaii which I know the weather will be goid . And ends with 5 days in alaska and I know its going to be cold but with have 5 days at sea in between but has anyone had experience of this and what the weather was or is likely to be . Any info is much appreciated  thanks 

Posted (edited)

If I understand your itinerary correctly, Princess doesn't do this, but IIRC, NCL does. Not brushing you off, but those on that board may have sailed this one in the past.

I will say the roughest waters we've ever sailed were off the coast of Alaska. The waters there can toss a ship around. It wasn't that cold, but... rough.

Layer as you would for any cruise, but plan to bring something for Mal de mer.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

Humm.  Weather in Hawaii likely Tobe good but storms (sometimes major) certainly possible.

You then say your cruise has 5 days in Alaska.  ???  Presume several in between, but ocean weather in the Alaska panhandle is almost always cool.  Low 50s.  Can be anything from stormy to clear.

Not pool weather for me as an Arizona Wildcat.   If from a cooler climate fine.  Again leaving Hawaii 2 warm days likely. Getting a bit cooler each day.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

i guys i am planning a cruise 2025 oct with norwegian sun . It sails 5 days in hawaii which I know the weather will be goid . And ends with 5 days in alaska and I know its going to be cold but with have 5 days at sea in between but has anyone had experience of this and what the weather was or is likely to be . Any info is much appreciated  thanks 

Kinda unpredictable. The weather in Hawaii will still be warm. Plan on passing tropical showers every day.

The transpacific is still in hurricane season and the waters will be warm allowing lots of storms to make it from Mexico to the vicinity of Hawaii. Could be nice weather. Could be rough seas. Warm for a day, then getting cool then cold.   

Edited by BirdTravels