Booking future cruises while on board refresher

It has been 5+ years since we have booked a future cruise while on board a Celebrity sailing.

Have there been any changes/improvements to this?

I remember reduced deposits, OBC.

Thanks

if you opt for put down a deposit and book later, you will get OBC.  However, this option now stipulates you must book within 6 months whereas previously it was 1 yr. 

4 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

if you opt for put down a deposit and book later, you will get OBC.  However, this option now stipulates you must book within 6 months whereas previously it was 1 yr. 

I purchased 2 book later deposits November 2023 and the stipulation was you needed to book within 6 months to receive the bonus OBC, but still had 1 year to use,  else it was refunded.

Believe on 1/1/24, book later deposits are now non refundable and have to be used on non refundable deposit future bookings. You will lose if not used. Still need to book within 6 months to receive OBC.

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies.

We will be sailing the Med this fall and may book a 2025 cruise while on board.

13 hours ago, Ozzmund said:

It has been 5+ years since we have booked a future cruise while on board a Celebrity sailing.

Thanks

I would say no.  We were on the Edge early June this year in Alaska and booked next year in a retreat $250 OBC and BOGO 75%.  We were excited that we could try the retreat for my 60th birthday.  We got home and I tried to book on line, of course not logged in and got the exact same thing.  Good news is you have 30 days to transfer to your TA and IF your current cruise is booked by a TA it automatically goes to them when you book a future.  I verified with my TA when I got home as I don't want to do anything that cuts into her commission and she assured me it is not affected by doing a future cruise.

13 hours ago, Ozzmund said:

Thanks

The main bonus are the reduced deposits.  Do your math on the price of the future cruise.

OK...dumb question.  Have not booked on board a Celebrity ship yet.  

Is the OBC only for "book later" option....or do you still get it if you book and put down deposit on the spot with the rep at Next Cruise?   

2 hours ago, keesar said:

The main bonus are the reduced deposits.  Do your math on the price of the future cruise.

No reduced deposit for us.  It was the exact same deposit on line as we paid for future cruise.

Deposits for a suite will be10% of the cruise price. Prices are the same as what is online. Sometimes they have a promotion for a free bottle of wine if you book a future cruise on the first day. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Is the OBC only for "book later" option....or do you still get it if you book and put down deposit on the spot with the rep at Next Cruise? 

you still receive it for a book now 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OceanCruise said:

Deposits for a suite will be10% of the cruise price. Prices are the same as what is online. Sometimes they have a promotion for a free bottle of wine if you book a future cruise on the first day. 

For non-suites, deposit is $100pp, right?

Do your homework. While we've had knowledgeable reps there on occasion one time we had someone new who didn't know anything. One time we got a guy who seemed lost. Turns out he was one of the performers on board.

On 7/8/2024 at 2:42 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

For non-suites, deposit is $100pp, right?

Yes, it is $100 per person when booking on the ship.  

• Thanks 1

Today, this is what was clarified for us re putting a deposit and having 6 months to book. Before someone jumps on me, been doing this for years.

The changes:  $100 p/p deposit now non refundable. Before was refundable (and we had one refunded last fall).  

..You now must book within 6 month period. Used to be a year

..Next.   You will receive OBC according to number of nights and category

..Change:  The ad says “plus one bonus offer”.  You will not get the bonus offer unless you book a cruise on the ship!  
we used one of these certificates for a cruise 3 months ago and received the bonus offer. Certificate we purchased on that cruise -found out,  well no bonus offer unless you booked a cruise onboard even though ad part in bold letters does not stipulate that

Definitely a push to book onboard when passengers are pumped about their cruise

My advice. Know your prices for cruises you are interested in before you even board

• Like 2