Door Decorations ?

Princess does not. 

On the Royal ships there is the retreat pool for adults only. On the grand class ships the aft pool is adults only but the whole area is not. In fact the out door part of the kids club is right above that area. Totally defeating the purpose. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 2:53 PM, davekathyh@q.com said:

Especially if you have been enjoying your beverage package a little more than you should. 😂🍷

True Story! 🍹 cheers!

3 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Do Princess do those? 

From what I can see Princess just says go to the Sanctuary to avoid kids. 

Or go on longer cruises...like 25-32 days. Very few if any kids on those!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wife and I, when we remember usually bring some magnets or something for the door.

I like door decorations. Yes, some are way over the top.  Some are boring.  Some are very creative.  Yes, they help find your cabin.  Yes, my neighbor decorations help me find my cabin.

Yes, at my house we work on making our front yard look nice to passerby's.  Yes, at Christmas time I spend a whole day putting up lights on my house, on the outside, that I rarely see but passerby's do see. (I really am not religious, just like the fun of the holiday and the lights.)

Yes, when my kids were little we also put up front yard decorations for Halloween, Easter and any other day the kids wished.

BUT most importantly I have, and now will really always do, will decorate my cabin door because there is nothing I enjoy more than pissing off people who care about what other people do that is not hurting them. (Yes, from this perspective, my cabin door decorations will be a political statement.)

Oh, and have a nice day.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2024 at 1:19 AM, windstar said:

Good question. I was on the Emerald, over the holidays and was surprised at what passengers would place on their cabin doors. Whatever one chooses to place on their cabin door,  please keep it fun and light. Save your political views, or anything that is rude and crude, for your front lawn, or front door, at home. I cruise to escape, not bring daily reminders of the current political climate and social craziness of the US, along on the cruise.

Probably the same people that talk his/her political views with strangers while having a lovely relaxing dinner.....sheesh! 😏

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 3:08 PM, arizonaperson said:

Oh my, that’s a lot of door decor!

I used to put a cactus on my door and my cruise critic name. Very simple decor. Definitely helped me find my cabin,cause I’ve been known to pass right by it.

This is too much like work and my suitcase is heavy enough without more crap!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Just watch out for the upside down pineapples 

Just don't enter where there are upside down pineapples....you may never come out alive!!!🥴

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lahlah57 said:

This is too much like work and my suitcase is heavy enough without more crap!

My cactus & CC name sign is lightweight paper,weighs less than a top/ shirt!
To each its own.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, lahlah57 said:

Just don't enter where there are upside down pineapples....you may never come out alive!!!🥴

Or you may have a lot of fun!  That’s what’s great about cruising. Something for everyone!!🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Princess does not. 

On the Royal ships there is the retreat pool for adults only. On the grand class ships the aft pool is adults only but the whole area is not. In fact the out door part of the kids club is right above that area. Totally defeating the purpose. 

Princess used to be my favorite line but after sailing on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean it dropped to 3rd place. The rooms are better and the included adult Sanctuaries are much nicer than the pay for one that Princess offers. I was so surprised that we didn't have any issues with running into children on the Anthem of the Seas. The adult area was on the other side of the ship from the kids area. Very well designed. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Just watch out for the upside down pineapples 

If you see right side up pineapples you can perhaps turn them upside down and see how long it takes the folks in the cabin to notice...😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you see right side up pineapples you can perhaps turn them upside down and see how long it takes the folks in the cabin to notice...😱

What happens if you turn the pineapple sideways??  🍍

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

What happens if you turn the pineapple sideways??  🍍

I believe that indicates something that is only legal in France. 🤪

• Haha 7

Door decorations should be banned.   They are tacky and unnecessary.   They are not cute and/or festive.  

If you are at a land based 3,4,5 star resort are you going to honestly decorate your door so that you can find your way back to your room after drinking too much?   I am going to assume no…. 
I have never seen door decorations ever at land based establishments.
After more than 50 cruises I have never had an issue finding my cabin.

Please save your decorations to the confines or your personal home.  

4 minutes ago, cattolica said:

Door decorations should be banned.   They are tacky and unnecessary.   They are not cute and/or festive.  

If you are at a land based 3,4,5 star resort are you going to honestly decorate your door so that you can find your way back to your room after drinking too much?   I am going to assume no…. 
I have never seen door decorations ever at land based establishments.
After more than 50 cruises I have never had an issue finding my cabin.

My general belief is that if it doesn’t effect me I’ll live and let live. 

People obviously enjoy decorating their doors - maybe celebrating their cruise - and some people enjoy looking at them and even smile.
If it helps someone find their door (often difficult even if you don’t drink) why not? 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I now refrain from using Pineapples as decor...right side up/upside down/or otherwise.

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

I now refrain from using Pineapples as decor...right side up/upside down/or otherwise.

Maybe a nice palm tree and coconuts. No alterior messages with those.......I think. 🙄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, cattolica said:

>>Same here…. last cruise November 2019 next cruise….never<<

Why do you care when you're not cruising anyway?

I might just bring some really outlandish decorations on our upcoming cruise just to piss off the curmudgeons.  Heck, maybe even some political ones!  (Wonder if I'll have to booby trap them - not really, but the YT videos are funny.)

Edited by Incognito1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4