Trouble checking in 'Web Version' style

Our phones are antiquated, you might say. In trying to check in online for our upcoming cruise, I'm pressing the 'Web Version alternative', located underneath the download app icons, we proceed accordingly. When inserting our booking number, 'This booking has already been claimed' pops up in red and hence, cannot proceed. I've called Princess and no success with resolving the issue and told to print out our summary of the cruise and do the check in at the port. Has anyone else encountered this? I know apps are being pushed for everything nowadays but it seems rather ridiculous not to simply check in online.

• Like 1

Princess really has messed up their on line programs. I found:

choose link booking and the error message comes up

then select the back arrow on your browser and you will find the check in page to enter the information 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What happens when you hit the cancel button?  I've had that happen to me many times.  I just keep hitting the cancel button and use my user name/password to sign in.

Do you have an account with Princess.com?  

Edited by cr8tiv1

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What happens when you hit the cancel button?  I've had that happen to me many times.  I just keep hitting the cancel button and use my user name/password to sign in.

Do you have an account with Princess.com?  

1 hour ago, winterbliss said:

Our phones are antiquated, you might say. In trying to check in online for our upcoming cruise, I'm pressing the 'Web Version alternative', located underneath the download app icons, we proceed accordingly. When inserting our booking number, 'This booking has already been claimed' pops up in red and hence, cannot proceed. I've called Princess and no success with resolving the issue and told to print out our summary of the cruise and do the check in at the port. Has anyone else encountered this? I know apps are being pushed for everything nowadays but it seems rather ridiculous not to simply check in online.

Yes, don’t push link button..that has never been functional.  Push cancel button and it will bring up another screen…move down to Log in with booking number.  You will enter name, dob and booking number.  If yours doesn’t work try your spouses/partner’s info.  You should be able to check in here.

But, do print out your travel summary for sure, under the cruise personalizer, as it is confirmation of what you’ve booked and much more information.

Take that and your documents/passports etc to check in at the port.

• Like 3

My log in and password stopped working and system won't let me get a new password because it says my log in is already being used. Have had to use booking number, it's a pain needing all my info to get it open but once done didn't have any other issues. We also don't use the app the web worked for us last time and now for October cruise.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

then select the back arrow on your browser and you will find the check in page to enter the information 

May I suggest you get a job in Princess customer service? I did this and it worked!! Thank you so much!!

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, don’t push link button..that has never been functional.  Push cancel button and it will bring up another screen…move down to Log in with booking number.  You will enter name, dob and booking number.  If yours doesn’t work try your spouses/partner’s info.  You should be able to check in here.

But, do print out your travel summary for sure, under the cruise personalizer, as it is confirmation of what you’ve booked and much more information.

Skynight just saved the day. Thank you for your tip as well, for future reference!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Of course you would!  Backwards entry for “Backwards IT”  😳

Good workaround! 

2 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Skynight just saved the day. Thank you for your tip as well, for future reference!

Just in case you need another hack. We had the same exact problem using the web version. 

We called OceanNow and was told to scroll to the bottom of the login page, then log in using our booking number. Works on several cruises since.

5 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Yes, I've seen it happening too, and later realized it does not work if you navigate from you active session where you are already logged in. You need to log out first and only then click to the 'web version' link and then it works. I recommend to bookmark the page and login from that everytime you need to access web version.

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That's exactly how we have done it since inception, as it has never worked well for us either. The one difference with us is that after cancelling the Link and entering the Booking reference, name etc, it ALWAYS fails for us. I then have to re-enter the same booking ref etc and the second time, we're in.

• Like 2