itinerary change

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We last visited Bonaire in 2019.  We did a dive at a reef by the cruise pier (1st photo) and also at the Salt Pier further south (2nd photo).

image.thumb.jpeg.92d96a44fac4c1761791effa0ed25ea2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5ba93450d9b3f4befd88e6f985fd23a9.jpeg

OMG that's amazing! I don't dive anymore because I don't have my dive buddy🥲  

We also went to Salt Pier, did you see the flamingos?  

Although I do snorkel like crazy especially there!  

Edited by Judyrem
Mistake

7 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

OMG that's amazing! I don't dive anymore because I don't have my dive buddy🥲  

We also went to Salt Pier, did you see the flamingos?  

Although I do snorkel like crazy especially there!  

We didn't see the flamingos on that trip (Reflection, 2019) but we did see them on an earlier cruise (Eclipse, 2015).  Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We didn't see the flamingos on that trip (Reflection, 2019) but we did see them on an earlier cruise (Eclipse, 2015).  Pretty cool.

We rented a boat and drove it ourselves and spent the day tied to buoys and snorkeling off Klein Bonaire and the rest of Bonaire, it's so much fun and there are no crowds, best thing we ever did on the islands.

Edited by Judyrem
More info.

8 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

We rented a boat and drove it ourselves and spent the day tied to buoys and snorkeling off Klein Bonaire and the rest of Bonaire, it's so much fun and there are no crowds, best thing we ever did on the islands.

That sounds awesome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Harmony, mentioned above, is a lot larger ship than anything in the Celebrity fleet.

The OP said they were on the Beyond.  Someone else mahdnc stated that Bonaire was out. 

Agree Harmony is bigger but the OP was talking about the Beyond in the Celebrity fleet. Hence the reason for the Beyond cancellation is not because it’s too shallow. 

Suggestion:  if you have been there before and don't  have a ship's excursion booked,  best bet is to stay on board the ship!  Not worth the hassle or crowds!

11 hours ago, mauimary said:

The OP said they were on the Beyond.  Someone else mahdnc stated that Bonaire was out. 

Agree Harmony is bigger but the OP was talking about the Beyond in the Celebrity fleet. Hence the reason for the Beyond cancellation is not because it’s too shallow. 

Agree on the Beyond, another poster brought up the Harmony…I would be curious if any Oasis class ships dock there…I’m really not sure how much the crew knows about these logistic myself..

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

Suggestion:  if you have been there before and don't  have a ship's excursion booked,  best bet is to stay on board the ship!  Not worth the hassle or crowds!

We've been there a couple of times but not lately.  Usually we take the tender ashore and just walk around the port area.  

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Grand Cayman is the one island on our itinerary that we have never been too. If we get off, we’ll make it a short day. 

2 hours ago, mimi'sgirl said:

Grand Cayman is the one island on our itinerary that we have never been too. If we get off, we’ll make it a short day. 

If you have not been there.. maybe  go to a  nearby beach, take a ship's snorkel excursion,  or do some shopping (no bargains), or casual dining .  Just remember ship's time..and that traffic can get very congested.

we have been there many times so that is why we now stay on the ship!

• Thanks 1