Book-On-Board Promo Sheet

NewSalty

If anybody currently on an Oceania Cruise has the current version of the Book-On-Board benefits flyer, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post a copy!

Thanks in advance!

Having been on 14 Oceania cruises, I can tell you that I have seen many promo sheets for Booking on Board.  They are not always the same.

it really depends on how sales are going.  If sales are slow, the pot gets sweeter.

if I had a copy, I would post one, but I usually do not keep them.

There is usually a discount off the price of the cruise as well some on board credit.  Both of these depend on the price and length of the cruise.  So the brochure may say something like  “up to $500 off your cruise”. And “up to $400 Shipboard credit”.  However if you book a 7 day cruise you will not get that type of discount.  it will be pro-rated based on the number of days and the price of the cruise.

Hope this helps.

Terri

• Like 1

Thank you Cruzin Terri! We will be on board Riviera in about 3 weeks and the cruise we want to book on the Allura for 2026 already went up $200.per person and that for a 10 day cruise. Nothing is ever a guaranty but we will act quickly if it’s a good promo!

25 minutes ago, Poppie55 said:

Thank you Cruzin Terri! We will be on board Riviera in about 3 weeks and the cruise we want to book on the Allura for 2026 already went up $200.per person and that for a 10 day cruise. Nothing is ever a guaranty but we will act quickly if it’s a good promo!

Are you aware that you can get onboard booking perks 30 days prior to your cruise? Ask your TA about this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup 30 day prior...

They also used to have 30 days after, but NO more.

We will be on the Regatta Sept 14, so on Aug 14 I will call my O rep and ask about the " booking on board promo".

I am interested in a couple of itins, but yes prices are rising as we speak.

In May, if you booked early in the cruise, the OBC was higher. Later in the cruise, the OBC was less.  With increased prices to cover Simply More, the onboard incentive was minimal. 

32 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

In May, if you booked early in the cruise, the OBC was higher. Later in the cruise, the OBC was less.  With increased prices to cover Simply More, the onboard incentive was minimal. 

This was just an example I used.  it was not anything written in stone.

Terri

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Having been on 14 Oceania cruises, I can tell you that I have seen many promo sheets for Booking on Board.  They are not always the same.

it really depends on how sales are going.  If sales are slow, the pot gets sweeter.

if I had a copy, I would post one, but I usually do not keep them.

There is usually a discount off the price of the cruise as well some on board credit.  Both of these depend on the price and length of the cruise.  So the brochure may say something like  “up to $500 off your cruise”. And “up to $400 Shipboard credit”.  However if you book a 7 day cruise you will not get that type of discount.  it will be pro-rated based on the number of days and the price of the cruise.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Yes, I'm very familiar with the program - have used it in the past when actually onboard.  Whenever I do so, I make sure to keep a copy of the current flyer in case any issues come up.

The reason I'm asking for a current copy now is that I'm using the 30-day rule to book a couple of cruises, and would like to have the "current" copy to have in case of future issues.  (The Oceania call agents could not provide...)  I guess I can get one in 30 days when I'm on the Sirena, but it may have changed by then.

The Miami based Sales Reps are in a different side of the house when it comes to Reservations bookings and Sales quotas, etc. It is my understanding that the O Club Ambassadors work for a different side of the house and operate with different guidelines and Management. All of the amenities and discounts are controlled by Miami however, just like the In House Sales Reps. 
Promotions and Discounts tie to Stateroom levels and cruise length and most likely the way Sales are going and the Push for increased sales at that time. We have gotten Stateroom Discounts to $500 pp and SBC of $400pp but most often it’s a $300 discount and $100 in SBC when booking a PH. 
Good Luck and Enjoy!

Mauibabes

2 hours ago, NewSalty said:

Yes, I'm very familiar with the program - have used it in the past when actually onboard.  Whenever I do so, I make sure to keep a copy of the current flyer in case any issues come up.

The reason I'm asking for a current copy now is that I'm using the 30-day rule to book a couple of cruises, and would like to have the "current" copy to have in case of future issues.  (The Oceania call agents could not provide...)  I guess I can get one in 30 days when I'm on the Sirena, but it may have changed by then.

If you’re booking a cruise within 30 days prior to your sailings the onboard booking discount and OBC will be reflected in your O invoice. And this will be your proof of everything. No need of the flyer. 

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I'm surprised the O reps could not provide the most current on board promo.

Yeah, they obviously did not have a "flyer-style" sheet in front of them to even be able to tell me what the discounts were.  They had to punch up the booking on the computer, and then poke around in it to see what the results were...

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

If you’re booking a cruise within 30 days prior to your sailings the onboard booking discount and OBC will be reflected in your O invoice. And this will be your proof of everything. No need of the flyer. 

While the O invoice does show the fare reduction and the SBC, it does not include any verbiage about the other provisions, i.e. - a one-time change of sailing, and a best-price guarantee.  These were on the last flyer I kept, and I can easily imagine having to argue the point with Oceania if I need to take advantage.

1 hour ago, NewSalty said:

While the O invoice does show the fare reduction and the SBC, it does not include any verbiage about the other provisions, i.e. - a one-time change of sailing, and a best-price guarantee.  These were on the last flyer I kept, and I can easily imagine having to argue the point with Oceania if I need to take advantage.

Well, you can find the “best price guarantee” for booking onboard under the Terms and conditions on O website. But I can see your point - the more proof the better… or you may have a TA to advocate for yourself in case you need it.

• Like 1

Not sure if works differently if booked onboard vs the 30 day prior, but when we booked on board we received our invoice as an attachment in an email. The email was actually in a letter format outlining all the other provisions. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Not sure if works differently if booked onboard vs the 30 day prior, but when we booked on board we received our invoice as an attachment in an email. The email was actually in a letter format outlining all the other provisions. 

Same general structure for the 30 day process, but the email itself is a general purpose, non-specific cover letter.  (The same one you get when making an on-line booking direct with Oceania.)

And, yes, I do use a TA - only working direct in this case because of the Book-On-Board complication - it didn't seem like the best scenario for a he-said-she-said scenario.  (Will give her a copy of the flyer when I transfer!)

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ORV said:

Are you aware that you can get onboard booking perks 30 days prior to your cruise? Ask your TA about this. 

Thanks for posting this @ORV  I don’t know if you remember us but Adam and I met you on that fun sailing with Jan and Stu that was diverted from Bermuda last spring. We are still very new to O and appreciate these tidbits of information.  Our next O sailing is Oct 3 so I’ll be looking to see if there’s anything we’d like to book and take advantage of this perk. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks for posting this @ORV  I don’t know if you remember us but Adam and I met you on that fun sailing with Jan and Stu that was diverted from Bermuda last spring. We are still very knew to O and appreciate these tidbits of information.  Our next O sailing is Oct 3 so I’ll be looking to see if there’s anything we’d like to book and take advantage of this perk. 

I do remember. I think we had dinner in Red Ginger, or one of the other restaurants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewSalty said:

Same general structure for the 30 day process, but the email itself is a general purpose, non-specific cover letter.  (The same one you get when making an on-line booking direct with Oceania.)

And, yes, I do use a TA - only working direct in this case because of the Book-On-Board complication - it didn't seem like the best scenario for a he-said-she-said scenario.  (Will give her a copy of the flyer when I transfer!)

I have to disagree. The letter that was attached to our invoice made onboard was very specific to the onboard perks and came from the person who booked the cruise onboard. It specifically stated the amount of our SBC and we had decided to use them on the booked cruise. It went over how the Best Price Guarantee works with the onboard booking and also how the one time change perk that comes with the onboard booking works.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I have to disagree. The letter that was attached to our invoice made onboard was very specific to the onboard perks and came from the person who booked the cruise onboard. It specifically stated the amount of our SBC and we had decided to use them on the booked cruise. It went over how the Best Price Guarantee works with the onboard booking and also how the one time change perk that comes with the onboard booking works.  

You missed the point - my email was associated with a Book-On-Board made prior to my upcoming cruise, with the home office - not the on-board booking consultant.  This appears to be one of the differences... (Lack of a flyer being the other!)

• Thanks 1

@NewSalty I was waiting to see if anyone onboard would post, but since they haven't, I'll copy my FCC from June 2024. The discounts are the same as the book-onboard discounts that were offered. One difference is that the FCC SBC was $100 while the book-onboard SBC was $250 (although I have seen higher/lower on previous cruises). They both have a price guaranty and a no-fee change after the initial cruise is booked.

image.png.f152341e94a4463439303e19ac262095.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this. Re One difference is that the FCC SBC was $100 while the book-onboard SBC was $250 do you mean that book onboard may get you $250 SBC while using the 30 days prior window gets you just $100 SBC?      We have purchased an open FCC for the reduced deposit while sailing twice and received $100 SBC each time.

For what it’s worth, today we pre purchased a future cruise from home that we would have ordered on an upcoming cruise in 3 weeks. For a Penthouse 10 day cruise in 2026 we received a $600.00 discount and the paltry $100 SBC ($50. Each). Our Oceania agent suggested we check in with the future cruise ambassadors when we board and said we can receive any higher credit offered while on board.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, goletans said:

Thanks for this. Re One difference is that the FCC SBC was $100 while the book-onboard SBC was $250 do you mean that book onboard may get you $250 SBC while using the 30 days prior window gets you just $100 SBC?      We have purchased an open FCC for the reduced deposit while sailing twice and received $100 SBC each time.

I think the above post answers this best. All I know is that the onboard booking SBC is often higher than the FCC SBC. I have not tried to book anything before the cruise.