Why No YC for Booking?

MonsterJoe

I've never had this problem before, but none of the cruises I'm looking at booking for the next 2 years have any YC option. This across several months with many different itineraries.  Any reason for that?  I've always been able to see them before, anywhere from a month or two out, to a year or more.

Posted (edited)

Ship and dates?

ETA: Often when looking at the cabin classes on a PC the Yaht Club selection is over to the right and you need to click the right arrow to move over to them.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

I have found the options start at Interior / OC / etc. and then if you keep scrolling to right the Yacht Club should eventually show. 

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

I've never had this problem before, but none of the cruises I'm looking at booking for the next 2 years have any YC option. This across several months with many different itineraries.  Any reason for that?  I've always been able to see them before, anywhere from a month or two out, to a year or more.

• Like 1

Usica and Armonia class do not have Yacht Club.  EM

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Neither does Magnifica, sailing out on her tomorrow from Port of Miami. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Neither does Magnifica, sailing out on her tomorrow from Port of Miami. 

Magnifica is a Musica class ship.  EM

Just now, Essiesmom said:

Magnifica is a Musica class ship.  EM

I understand now, wasn’t sure what “Usica” was. 

39 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

3 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

I have found they are blocking solos from the Yacht Club on most cruises. When I spoke to one of the top TA's in the US for MSC, she said it had something to do with MSC trying to maximize the onboard spend per cabin. They obviously don't realize how I spend on a cruise!! 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

I have found they are blocking solos from the Yacht Club on most cruises. When I spoke to one of the top TA's in the US for MSC, she said it had something to do with MSC trying to maximize the onboard spend per cabin. They obviously don't realize how I spend on a cruise!! 🤣

I don't know how much "extra" YCers spend on board since most everything is already included in the fare anyway.... 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I am using a 34" ultrawide 4K monitor - there is no horizontal scrolling.

image.thumb.png.9743fa813646ca371aa626c2904c8c10.png

After reading some of the responses, I checked this same cruise on my phone, and I was able to see YC - I hate browsing on my phone, so admittedly, I never thought to check there.

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

I am using a 34" ultrawide 4K monitor - there is no horizontal scrolling.

image.thumb.png.9743fa813646ca371aa626c2904c8c10.png

After reading some of the responses, I checked this same cruise on my phone, and I was able to see YC - I hate browsing on my phone, so admittedly, I never thought to check there.

After the "Choose Your Limited-Time Offer" screen, the next screen should be "Select Your Stateroom Category". It's at that screen that you would scroll to the right (beyond the Suite category) to see MSC Yacht Club category. 

After that, you won't see the above "Select Your Experience" screen. Once you select Yacht Club, there is no experience to choose. It looks like you selected "Cruise-Only" then "Balcony" on the "Select Your Stateroom Category" screen ($2,686 total). 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

6 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

After the "Choose Your Limited-Time Offer" screen, the next screen should be "Select Your Stateroom Category". It's at that screen that you would scroll to the right (beyond the Suite category) to see MSC Yacht Club category. 

After that, you won't see the above "Select Your Experience" screen. Once you select Yacht Club, there is no experience to choose. It looks like you selected "Cruise-Only" then "Balcony" on the "Select Your Stateroom Category" screen ($2,686 total). 

Hmmm - on my phone, I picked cruise only (on purpose for QA) and I still got the option for YC.

regardless - it doesn't seem to matter...this is Drinks and Wifi included for a Suite:

image.thumb.png.d99e576cec95db615e957081559a7886.png

and this is drinks/wifi for a balcony:

image.thumb.png.6b48eef7d19ae07193af13f8fd0dec7e.png

and by comparison, this is the 'select a stateroom category' for "Cruise Only" page on my phone, right after, Interior, Ocean View, Balcony, and Suite...

No description available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SailorfromBrazil said:

In your screen, you're one step ahead, go back one step, to Categories where you'll find YC

image.thumb.png.1a1f380917ae02e0564f1a2441f62ff9.png

FFS - I didn't see the arrow. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

FFS - I didn't see the arrow. Thanks.

I was trying to circle the arrow but "SailorfromBrazil" was faster. 😁

1.jpg

Step 1, click Next after selection.

2.jpg

Step 2, Click Arrow. 

3.jpg

Step 3, select Yacht Club.

No VC discount shown because I'm too lazy to log in. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No VC discount shown because I'm too lazy to log in. 

Maybe my biggest irritation about the site is that it remembers NOTHING. It would be so inconsequential to store a tiny bit of data in local cache that would remember how many people are sailing and voyager number, but every time you want to check out a different sailing you have to put it all in again.

• Like 2

Maybe my biggest irritation about the site is that it remembers NOTHING. It would be so inconsequential to store a tiny bit of data in local cache that would remember how many people are sailing and voyager number, but every time you want to check out a different sailing you have to put it all in again.

It's even worse for me since I do mock bookings with wife and 2 kids. The wife (adult 2) isn't a problem but every time, I have to put my kids' DOB and my VC # with my DOB just to get a total price.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's even worse for me since I do mock bookings with wife and 2 kids. The wife (adult 2) isn't a problem but every time, I have to put my kids' DOB and my VC # with my DOB just to get a total price.  

That's how I do it, too...i just did the default booking above for brevity....and my kids are in different age brackets...so that's even more to do each time

15 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

That's how I do it, too...i just did the default booking above for brevity....and my kids are in different age brackets...so that's even more to do each time

Mine, too.

Plus, one is getting to the next bracket so I have to figure out how old she will be on embarkation day. PITA. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GA Dave said:

We’ve not had that experience in booking at all; our son is single and has scored YC interior cabins whenever we do YC.  When booking onboard, and I’m a TA, their future cruise person specifically looks for solo deals for him.  Never been a problem.

Wow, people wishing a corporation would store data on their devices....  They could likely do it themselves by logging your MAC and or IP address, but that would be creepy./illegal?

On 7/11/2024 at 11:58 PM, GA Dave said:

Oh dear! I might find we're just excluded from booking soon then... our on board spend over our last 3 cruises, totalling 46 nights was €46 for 2 room diffusers 😂

14 hours ago, Até said:

Wow, people wishing a corporation would store data on their devices....  They could likely do it themselves by logging your MAC and or IP address, but that would be creepy./illegal?

It's your own data and it would be stored in your own browser.