Princess- Manhattan or Brooklyn Terminal

I booked a Canada New England cruise on Princess for next year. The embark/debark terminal on the itinerary shows both Manhattan and Brooklyn terminals. 

I haven’t been to NY in 12 years so I’m kind of a newbie at this point.

Does anyone happen to know when Princess decides on which one they end up going with?

I’m a planner and when I start looking at hotels very soon, it would be nice to know which one it’ll be.

TIA!

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Princess sails out of Brooklyn. I think they use the B or M approach to cover themselves just in case there needs to be a last minute switch.

Thank you!
Do you have an opinion on where I should get the pre-cruise hotel, B or M, is one preferable to the other?

15 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Do you have an opinion on where I should get the pre-cruise hotel, B or M, is one preferable to the other?

It depends on what you want to accomplish. If you plan on spending a day or two sightseeing in Manhattan, I'd suggest staying in Manhattan. If you are just coming in the night before and need a place to sleep you could either stay by the airport you are flying into or Brooklyn. There isn't much at all by the pier in Red Hook. 

Give us some more info here and we can help steer you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

It depends on what you want to accomplish. If you plan on spending a day or two sightseeing in Manhattan, I'd suggest staying in Manhattan. If you are just coming in the night before and need a place to sleep you could either stay by the airport you are flying into or Brooklyn. There isn't much at all by the pier in Red Hook. 

Give us some more info here and we can help steer you. 

I’m just flying in the day before the cruise. I wish I had more time but I’ve done all the sightseeing stuff when I was there in 2012.

So just want to hang out and get some dinner somewhere.

Thats about it.

TIA

On 7/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, tonit964 said:

I’m just flying in the day before the cruise. I wish I had more time but I’ve done all the sightseeing stuff when I was there in 2012.

Thats about it.

TIA

A property in Brooklyn with a restaurant on premises or very close would be your best option then. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 12:23 PM, Got2Cruise said:

A property in Brooklyn with a restaurant on premises or very close would be your best option then. 

Best way to get from EWR to red hook ,arriving at 2 pm 

On 7/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, tonit964 said:

Thats about it.

TIA

The odds are it will be Brooklyn - and I would suggest you stay at a lower Manhattan hotel, just across the river from Brooklyn via easy ferry right to the terminal. Safe neighborhood, inexpensive hotels for Manhattan, lots of great restaurants, some interesting sites, and an easy taxi ride to Manhattan Cruise Terminal just in case.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

There is no such thing anywhere near the Brooklyn cruise terminal.

Why are you giving incorrect information? Marriott Brooklyn Bridge has restaurant on premises. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Why are you giving incorrect information? Marriott Brooklyn Bridge has restaurant on premises. 

The Marriott Brooklyn Bridge is not close to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, being a bit over two miles away — while there are a number of hotels in lower Manhattan, up to a quarter mile from Pier 11 where you can get the ferry to right next to the cruise terminal.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Got2Cruise said:

As he said-- wouldn't consider the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal-- about a 20 min Uber ride away. Its a fine place to stay for a cruise from the BCT but wouldn't be right to represent it as close. 

The area surrounding the BCT is still very industrial and hasn't had the development and gentrification that a lot of other parts of Brooklyn have. 

Just using the word "Brooklyn" without using a specific neighborhood isn't particularly helpful-- Brooklyn is 70 square miles. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The odds are it will be Brooklyn - and I would suggest you stay at a lower Manhattan hotel, just across the river from Brooklyn via easy ferry right to the terminal. Safe neighborhood, inexpensive hotels for Manhattan, lots of great restaurants, some interesting sites, and an easy taxi ride to Manhattan Cruise Terminal just in case.

Any recommendations or suggests on which ones? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, TMAC366 said:

Best way to get from EWR to red hook ,arriving at 2 pm 

I'll be arriving at EWR several days before my cruise.  I will be taking a Princess transfer  from

EWR the day of the cruise to Red Hook, Brooklyn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 1:32 PM, sandybeaches44 said:

I'll be arriving at EWR several days before my cruise.  I will be taking a Princess transfer  from

EWR the day of the cruise to Red Hook, Brooklyn. 

Is the transfer something you signed up\paid ahead of time for? We are staying at a hotel near EWR but as of now just plan on doing a ride share to get to Red hook. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arriving night before the cruise and staying outside JFK. Hotel has free pick up service from airport.  Now the issue - best and most economical but safe way to get from Hampton Inn to Red Hook terminal.  Them will need transport from terminal back to JFK day we are back in NY.  I’d like to keep it on the $100 range.  There’s four of us. I got one quote from a car service and it was well over $350 and ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, CQG67 said:

Arriving night before the cruise and staying outside JFK. Hotel has free pick up service from airport.  Now the issue - best and most economical but safe way to get from Hampton Inn to Red Hook terminal.  Them will need transport from terminal back to JFK day we are back in NY.  I’d like to keep it on the $100 range.  There’s four of us. I got one quote from a car service and it was well over $350 and ridiculous. 

Try Carmel Limo, Dial 7, Uber or Lyft. With four people and their luggage you'll need a larger vehicle such as a mini van, so $100 including tip would probably be a low side minimum, but shouldn't very much over that, say no more than $125 to 150.

Just booked with Carmel-  $130 because of 8 pieces of luggage 4 suitcases and 4 carryons.  We probably could have gotten away with the mini van at $83 but pay more per bag over 6 if driver would allow it.  Didn’t want the hassle or worry so for little more we know we are covered.  Thanks.