Done with Cunard

21 minutes ago, King Amo said:

Slice of salted butter. No jam. No cream. Lovely stuff. 

That’s a buttered scone, and quite delicious.  It’s not a traditional cream tea scone, though.

• Like 2

Just now, Mareblu said:

That’s a buttered scone, and quite delicious.  It’s not a traditional cream tea scone, though.

I care not for tradition. If scones are being offered, have them how you like them🙂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, S1971 said:

Washed down with a diet coke to take away the guilt 🤣

There is only one drink to have with scone, jam and clotted cream and that is loose leaf tea in a china cup and saucer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

Is drinking your tea out of a saucer allowed on Cunard? Asking for a friend.😂

Well, it might be if you are allowed to have a comfort dog with you. Is that what they are called?

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

There is only one drink to have with scone, jam and clotted cream and that is loose leaf tea in a china cup and saucer.

The only time I drink tea is with a cream tea. Coffee isn’t the same. 

2 hours ago, david63 said:

Is drinking your tea out of a saucer allowed on Cunard? Asking for a friend.😂

What's the point. Just pour it back into the cup. 🤣

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

The only time I drink tea is with a cream tea. Coffee isn’t the same. 

A QM2 Jubilee Tea and an Afternoon Tea were the only times I've taken tea for at least eight years. I only drink coffee from an espresso machine.

8 hours ago, Mareblu said:

I always ask for butter with my scones instead of jam and cream. I have no style. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JT1101 said:

Pity we can’t move the scone posts to their own thread as they are interesting in terms of how people like their scones.

Also, it is amazing how strongly people seem to feel about this. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

Thats whipped cream not clotted, just as bad as putting butter on first 

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

I think this settles the debate for Yorkshire:

IMG_20230525_144553.thumb.jpeg.7842b2ac401aef8508b5b1fe79eda628.jpeg

How are scones served at “Betty’s”?

1 hour ago, ovccruiser said:

Thats whipped cream not clotted, just as bad as putting butter on first 😂

How dare they!! 😂

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

How are scones served at “Betty’s”?

Have we moved on to hotpot now? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, Germancruiser said:

As " Miss G" I also was on this voyage with the four hour delay. I wrote a little review myself- and I too, experienced the worst Britannia Service ever. Well saying the least it was a hit and miss.

Cunard line has it´s loyal fans- loyal cruisers and rightly so. I sailed Celebrity for many many years- and still switch over to them from time to time. Never- ever in any of my 19 cruises with Celebrity did I experience such bad and such lackluster staff in the Main Dining Room.

I just yesterday compared the prices for a Transatlantic ( both 14 days) on board Celebrity Apex and Queen Victoria - same embarkation port- almost identical ports of call. Asked for the price of a balcony cabin on both ships. The fare on board Queen Victoria is almost double the price of Celebrity. That is all well and good- if you want the " Cunard feel" one is prepared to pay more. But for that service of Cunard  in June- I am no longer willing to pay so much more for the same itinerary. I am not decided as of yet.. but Cunard has to be very very carefull to maintain their Service level or bring it back up to scratch.

I am sure there is a reason I never get any comment cards from Cunard to fill out, neither online nor otherwise.

So - yes I quite understand the OP - esp. since it was the first Cunard experience.

All problems can be addressed whilst cruising with Cunard, it is much easier to complain and do nothing than address issues whilst on board. Not that long ago met this fella on QE complaining, " what are you doing about  it " nothing was his reply " they can't do anything ". How many times have I heard this reply. It is such a simple exercise, open your mouth be assertive without ever being rude and most times Cunard will thank you for bringing it to their attention. " Life is like a box of chocolates "

4 minutes ago, Down-Unders said:

All problems can be addressed whilst cruising with Cunard, it is much easier to complain and do nothing than address issues whilst on board. Not that long ago met this fella on QE complaining, " what are you doing about  it " nothing was his reply " they can't do anything ". How many times have I heard this reply. It is such a simple exercise, open your mouth be assertive without ever being rude and most times Cunard will thank you for bringing it to their attention. " Life is like a box of chocolates "

Often you need to get the attention of the right person, which is not usually someone at the Purser’s Desk. The problem is knowing who.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2024 at 2:18 PM, majortom10 said:

Sacrilege either cream then jam or vice versa depending on preference but no butter. For me personally jam first (definitely not strawberry) then clotted cream on top.

As I am not keen on jam I only ever put cream on scones (as in scones not scowns).  I once read something that made sense.  Cream first then jam as you never put marmalade on toast with the butter on top.

• Like 1