Constellation Or Summit

Have not been on a smaller ship such as these in a long time but think it's time to go smaller as tired of the 4000-6000 passenger ships. In looking at these ships they look to be basically the same. For anyone that's been on both ships any reasons you prefer one over the other.

They are both sister ships and part of Celebrity's oldest and smallest class ships currently operating, with Summit in service since 2001 Constellation since 2002.  They have both been refurbished since then several times and have been constantly maintained. 

IMO the difference in choice would boil down to itinerary options served by each and your preference with that.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Luvtoeat said:

Have not been on a smaller ship such as these in a long time but think it's time to go smaller as tired of the 4000-6000 passenger ships. In looking at these ships they look to be basically the same. For anyone that's been on both ships any reasons you prefer one over the other.

Depends on where want to cruise 

The Summit ha been up graded , the Connie has not 

Here is what was done to Millennium, which was also done to the Summit

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-millennium-revolution

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Depends on where want to cruise 

The Summit ha been up graded , the Connie has not 

Here is what was done to Millennium, which was also done to the Summit

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-millennium-revolution

Not that interested in the ports as we have been on around 35-40 cruises and usually stay on the ship. My wife did mention a concern as to the the rocking of these smaller ships as she usually wears the patch bur our last 2 cruises were on a large MSC ship and we just came off the Mardi Gras another big ship and she did not use the patch. May just come down to departure port as we lived in Tampa for a number of years and would let us reconnect with people.

6 minutes ago, Luvtoeat said:

Not that interested in the ports as we have been on around 35-40 cruises and usually stay on the ship. My wife did mention a concern as to the the rocking of these smaller ships as she usually wears the patch bur our last 2 cruises were on a large MSC ship and we just came off the Mardi Gras another big ship and she did not use the patch. May just come down to departure port as we lived in Tampa for a number of years and would let us reconnect with people.

We did a 15 night TA on the Connie in November and thought the ship was in ok condition 

We like the size of the M class ships , also S class ships are around 3200 passengers and never felt  crowded 

42 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They have both been refurbished since then several times and have been constantly maintained. 

However, Summit has been "revolutionized." Constellation has not.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

However, Summit has been "revolutionized." Constellation has not.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  There are downsides to the "Revolution" along with some advantages on M class ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvtoeat said:

For us itinerary would be the deciding factor. Whatever ship is good with us. IMO can't go wrong with either ship.  

• Like 1

We’ve sailed on both. The summit has been fully revolutionized while the infinity has just had upgrades done as needed.

Where we noticed the most differences were in the cabins - the summit has updated decor, larger tvs and the bathroom tiles have been replaced. The Infinity also has shower curtains in its regular cabins whereas the Summit has glass shower doors.

The Infinity’s mdr also has more of a hotel / banquet hall feel while the Summit is completely updated.

That being said, both ships are lovely and we’re happy to sail on either one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

Our last two cruises on M class were Constellation (2022) and Summit (2024).  They are both fine ships and I would sail on either of those two ships again in a heartbeat!  I would let itinerary decide on which of the two ships to book.

image.thumb.jpeg.16bf731ffde6e88213fa61e5cdcdde6e.jpeg

Celebrity Summit docked at Puerto Vallarta, May 1 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kk20 said:

We’ve sailed on both. The summit has been fully revolutionized while the infinity has just had upgrades done as needed.

Where we noticed the most differences were in the cabins - the summit has updated decor, larger tvs and the bathroom tiles have been replaced. The Infinity also has shower curtains in its regular cabins whereas the Summit has glass shower doors.

The Infinity’s mdr also has more of a hotel / banquet hall feel while the Summit is completely updated.

That being said, both ships are lovely and we’re happy to sail on either one

You are referring to Infinity - OP is asking abut Constellation.  The information may be the same, just confirming.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Despite sailing 90 or so times, I still am subject to seasickness at times. If there is motion to be felt, you may feel it more on this size ship compared to S or E class. That said, it wouldn't stop me. I have sailed both these ships many times.  I would pick based on itinerary and cost. Summit is more updated but also then more modern decor. Connie has been updated in many public areas but the cabins were not. So they are a little more worn, but frankly more comfortable. 

• Like 1

If in a suite I prefer the suite lounge prior to updates called michaels rather than the newer retreat , more comfortable furniture in michaels. Outdoor retreat on M class is a joke.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

If Sue is the cruise director on Connie go with her.  She is top notch all the way.

Someone reported she has a new position and no longer a CD 

Which is a good thing 

19 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

If Sue is the cruise director on Connie go with her.  She is top notch all the way.

I heard somewhere recently that Sue Denning had just moved to another position.  Will try to confirm.

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You are referring to Infinity - OP is asking abut Constellation.  The information may be the same, just confirming.

Ugh! Thank you for pointing out my idiocy 😹

note to self: do not post on online forums after double dosing my allergy meds 🫣

I was doing a little more research and found that I can book our favorite Celebrity ship which we have been on 4-5 times and is larger and my wife loves for the same price or actually less depending on sailing. I will call celebrity tomorrow for hopefully better pricing. A few years ago I priced a cruise on the website and then called and must gave spoke to the right person as they priced same cruise for $800.00-$1000.00 less.

Posted (edited)

@kk20, not a problem and the information with Infinity may have been similar.  I was just confirming your post.  But apparently from the OP's last response it may be moot as it looks like they are moving on with a different ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Summitt hands down, been on the Summitt 38 times, great crew, best servicew and food id terrific ...

Martini bar is the place to be...great bartenders and always a lot of fun

• Like 3

2 hours ago, winslow050 said:

Summitt hands down, been on the Summitt 38 times, great crew, best servicew and food id terrific ...

Martini bar is the place to be...great bartenders and always a lot of fun

38 times, and yet...

🤔

4 hours ago, canderson said:

38 times, and yet...

🤔

Probably a few veteran Silhouette and Millennium cruisers, too. 

8 hours ago, winslow050 said:

I'm impressed by your loyalty to one ship!  My five trips to the Summit don't seem like very many by that standard.  ☹️

BTW, I do agree with your general assessment of the Summit.  Though I got the same on the Millie the one time I sailed on her...

• Like 1