Disappointed with Bermuda 2026 Itineraries

Eno

Was waiting for the 2026 itineraries to be released.  Was waiting for the two night in Bermuda and realized that Bar Harbor might not be there in 2026 but was hoping for Portland or even an extra sea day.  For 2026 it is Boston, Sea Day, Halifax, Sea Day, Bermuda, Bermuda, Sea Day and Boston.  Wanted to drive to Boston, stay a few days and then be in Bermuda for two nights.  Don't want Halifax but could live with it if it was still two nights in Bermuda.  Guess won't be NCL for 2026 for me. 

• Like 1

I think Halifax is an interesting alternative to Bar Harbor, but I agree that less time in Bermuda is bad. I just checked the NYC to Bermuda cruises for 2026. They have three days in Bermuda, but I only see them for March and April. I prefer to go in May, and love three days in Bermuda. I have done the Boston to Bermuda trip almost every year for at least the last ten years and a couple out of NYC to try different ships. I have enjoyed not having to worry about getting back to the ship the first two days there. 

Maybe more will be added later for 2026. 

• Like 2

I also saw the NYC to Bermuda but yes March and April. Definitely want June and three days in Bermuda.  I hope that there will be more itineraries released.  I just checked the Jewel and there is nothing listed past March 2026.  Fingers and toes crossed that Jewel will be back to Boston/Bermuda.

• Like 1

NCL been doing the NYC to Bermuda during May to October/November for over 10 years. they will be these cruises. it is always on some kind of breakaway class ship . it just too early right now. Expect these bookings to come out later this year

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eno said:

I also saw the NYC to Bermuda but yes March and April. Definitely want June and three days in Bermuda.  I hope that there will be more itineraries released.  I just checked the Jewel and there is nothing listed past March 2026.  Fingers and toes crossed that Jewel will be back to Boston/Bermuda.

The pricing is also up there at $4,711 for the three of us in an ocean view... no drinks or specialty dining included...

• Haha 1

Boston seems to have the Breakaway with Halifax and just one night in Bermuda for 2026.  Maybe Jewel will be out of NYC for 2026 but would have preferred driving and spending time in Boston.  Will see what comes up and big thing will be prices. Can't see both being out of Boston but who knows.

April too early for me for Bermuda.  Hoping for June with two overnights. Still lots of time to plan.  If not NCL might have to do Celebrity but would be NY/NJ and not Boston. 

• Like 2

OMG. Those itineraries look awful. What ever happened to the 14 nights Boston to Caribbean they did before the Pandemic? Those were great cruises that I would spend more for happily. I love Bermuda but am getting tired of it. Looking for the first time at other cruise lines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, v3cruiser said:

Im watching bermuda as well for 2026. hoping for a breakaway+ ship. It also looks like the 7 day trips are only offering 2 nights not 3 nights. 

The Breakaway (not a B'way plus) is listed from Boston and New York for a couple of Bermuda cruises in 2026.  I can't NCL having a ship of this size sail from Boston? 

the new Boston schedule is now a Sunday-to-Sunday cruise. it is somewhat slightly better than the Friday-to-Friday cruises 

With the ship now docking in Bermuda on Thursday morning and leaving on Friday afternoon. i wonder if this will mess up the NYC Bermuda cruises that is also always Sunday to Sunday. In all of my years of doing the NYC Bermuda cruise during the summer, it was always a NCL ship and a Celebrity ship docked in Bermuda from Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eno said:

Was waiting for the 2026 itineraries to be released.  Was waiting for the two night in Bermuda and realized that Bar Harbor might not be there in 2026 but was hoping for Portland or even an extra sea day.  For 2026 it is Boston, Sea Day, Halifax, Sea Day, Bermuda, Bermuda, Sea Day and Boston.  Wanted to drive to Boston, stay a few days and then be in Bermuda for two nights.  Don't want Halifax but could live with it if it was still two nights in Bermuda.  Guess won't be NCL for 2026 for me. 

There are going to be three Bermuda options for the summer of 2026.  Out of Boston will be the Breakaway, doing 5 & 7 day options.  Out of NYC will be the Aqua, doing 5 & 7 day options and the third choice is the Jewel, doing 7 day sailings out of, drum roll please, Philadelphia.  After the summer season, the Jewel will do 10/11 days from Philly to Quebec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I now see the Aqua doing cruises for the summer out of NYC, it is now a saturday to saturday cruise being in bermuda monday morning to wednesday afternoon

The Boston schedule is lousy. Philly Lol...... I'm 45 minutes from the cruise terminal but 29 hours in Bermuda is a hard pass

18 hours ago, shof515 said:

NCL been doing the NYC to Bermuda during May to October/November for over 10 years. they will be these cruises. it is always on some kind of breakaway class ship . it just too early right now. Expect these bookings to come out later this year

I checked yesterday and New England itineraries are now showing for the summer and fall 2026.

I thought Halifax was a cool alternative to Portland or Bar Harbor.  Then saw the ship was the Breakaway, I was getting excited.  Seeing less time in Bermuda really burst that bubble.  I've been to Bermuda a number of times, but one overnight isn't enough.

Honestly, I prefer the Friday to Friday because then I have a weekend after returning to get things done before returning to work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

Just saw a press release from David Herrera saying that The Jewel would be homeporting in Philadelphia, PA doing Bermuda cruises in 2026. 

I sure hope he talked to the city first. The cruise terminal hasn't been used in 14 years. A buddy of mine is a crane operator at the port of Philadelphia. When I told him about NCL homeporting in Philly he laughed, the old cruise terminal isn't up for it unless someone dumps a lot of money into the place

I believe the City of Philadelphia is planning to develop a new cruise terminal near where the SS United States is docked. I do not know if the new terminal would be operational for the 2026 sailings.

• Like 1

Here is the full text of the press release from PhilaPort

PhilaPort Welcomes Norwegian Cruise Line® to Homeport in Philadelphia Beginning April 2026

Port Starts New Chapter in Tourism

(Philadelphia, PA – July 17, 2024) PhilaPort is pleased to announce that it will commence cruise operations in 2026, welcoming Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL). Norwegian Jewel®, which has the capacity to accommodate 2,330 guests, will homeport from Philadelphia from April 16 through Oct. 17, 2026, featuring 24 calls to the city.

During the summer 2026 season, Norwegian Jewel will offer seven-to-nine-day voyages to the island paradise of Bermuda, where the ship will overnight, giving guests more time to enjoy the island’s stunning turquoise waters and pink-sand beaches. When the weather turns cooler, embarking from September 5 through Oct. 7, 2026, Norwegian Jewel will sail 10 and 11-day open-jaw voyages to Canada and New England. The ship will alternate homeports between Philadelphia and Quebec City featuring calls in quainter ports in the region like Saguenay, Charlottetown and Halifax, Canada in addition to well-known ports, such as Bar Harbor, Maine and Boston.   

The economic impact from cruise vessels is significant. In launching cruise operations PhilaPort anticipates that if growth continues among this segment by 2028, this industry could generate over 2,000 direct, indirect and induced jobs, and over $40 million in annual county and state tax revenue.     

“The Port of Philadelphia plays a significant role in making our Commonwealth an economic leader on the global stage supporting thousands of local jobs and connecting millions of people with the best of what Philadelphia and the Commonwealth has to offer. Now, with the addition of Norwegian Cruise Line coming to the Port in 2026, millions of Pennsylvanians and passengers from across the region will have another reason to visit Philadelphia’s waterfront,” said Governor Josh Shapiro. “With all eyes on Philadelphia as we prepare to host our country’s 250th birthday in 2026, the Port will continue to help support and grow Philadelphia tourism to create economic opportunity for our region, workers, and businesses.”

As the birthplace of America, where the country was founded, Philadelphia has a large number of world-class attractions or sights to be seen. In addition, Philadelphia has a variety of ethnic neighborhoods and famous cultural institutions.

“As the first passenger cruise line to homeport in Philadelphia in many years, the arrival of Norwegian Jewel is a key milestone for NCL and our partners at the Port of Philadelphia,” said David J. Herrera, president of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We are looking forward to welcoming guests from the area and surrounding cities starting spring 2026 and offering them the vacation of a lifetime.”

In terms of economic impact, the industries that will gain the most from the new service include hotels and restaurants. Museums, historical sites, zoos and parks will also benefit, as will provisioning companies and transportation services. 

"It is tremendous economic news for Philadelphia that Norwegian Cruise Line will begin sailing out of Philadelphia in 2026," said Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle L. Parker. "This means tourism travel to our city, jobs for our workers at PhilaPort, and simply put, broader economic opportunity for Philadelphia. We welcome Norwegian Cruise Line to Philadelphia, and thank every individual involved in making this important economic development take place here in our city!"

PhilaPort, The Port of Philadelphia, will be preparing over the next 18 months for this new chapter of cruising from the city. Capital improvements are being made to ensure the seamless transfer of passengers from ship to shore and shore to ship.

“We have been known as the fastest growing cargo port in North America,” said Jeff Theobald, Executive Director and CEO of PhilaPort. “Now we are pleased to add tourism and cruises to our portfolio.”

“Twenty Twenty-Six is going to be a big year for the City of Philadelphia,” said Michael Pearson, Chairman of the PhilaPort Board of Directors. “We are celebrating the United States’ 250th birthday, hosting major sporting events like the FIFA World Cup, MLB All-Star Game, the PGA’s 108th Championship, as well as NCAA March Madness games. NCL’s weekly cruises will add to the festivities and offer its guests a lot of fun things to see pre- and post-cruise!”

The Port of Philadelphia is located in the heart of the richest consumer market in the world. Thirty million people live within 100 miles, or a two-hour drive, of the Port. Now people looking to take a cruise will not have to fly or travel long distances to embark on a voyage. Norwegian Jewel features a variety of accommodations options and amenities for guests to enjoy onboard including 16 dining options, 13 bars and lounges, world-class entertainment, and more.  Cruisers will now be able to set sail directly from PhilaPort’s SouthPort Marine Terminal Complex.

Over the coming two years, PhilaPort will be working with organizations across the Commonwealth to rebuild its cruise business and releasing additional details as they become available.

Norwegian Cruise Line also released today details on its spring/summer 2026 deployment for voyages departing from the US and Canada. Click here for full details on its new 2026 itinerary offerings.

For more information about Norwegian Cruise Line’s award-winning 19-ship fleet and worldwide itineraries, or to book a cruise, please contact a travel professional, call 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784) or visit www.ncl.com.

Click here for images of Norwegian Jewel. 

# # #

About PhilaPort (The Port of Philadelphia)

The Port of Philadelphia (PhilaPort) is an independent agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania charged with the management, maintenance, marketing, and promotion of port facilities along the Delaware River in Pennsylvania, as well as strategic planning throughout the port district. PhilaPort works with its terminal operators to improve its facilities and to market those facilities to prospective port users around the world. Port cargoes and the activities they generate are responsible for thousands of direct and indirect jobs in the Philadelphia area and throughout Pennsylvania.

About Norwegian Cruise Line

As the innovator in global cruise travel,  Norwegian Cruise Line has been breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising for 57 years. Most notably, the cruise line revolutionized the industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal vacation on their preferred schedule with no assigned dining and entertainment times and no formal dress codes. Today, its fleet of 19 contemporary ships sail to 450 of the world’s most desirable destinations, including Great Stirrup Cay, the company’s private island in the Bahamas and its resort destination Harvest Caye in Belize. Norwegian Cruise Line not only provides superior guest service from land to sea, but also offers a wide variety of award-winning entertainment and dining options as well as a range of accommodations across the fleet, including solo-traveler staterooms, club balcony suites, and The Haven by Norwegian®, the company’s ship-within-a-ship concept. For additional information or to book a cruise, contact a travel professional, call 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784) or visit www.ncl.com. For the latest news and exclusive content, visit the NCL Newsroom and follow Norwegian Cruise Line on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and YouTube @NorwegianCruiseLine; and Twitter @CruiseNorwegian.

Norwegian Cruise Line is a wholly owned subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH). To learn more, visit www.nclhltd.com.

PhilaPort Media Contact
Sean Mahoney
Senior Director of Marketing, PhilaPort

Tel: (215) 479-4143
smahoney@philaport.com

NCL Media Contact
PublicRelations@ncl.com

• Like 4

For New England-based NCL fans such as myself, we should be encouraged that NCL feels the market can support a larger ship like the Breakaway. I personally prefer the Jewel-class ships, but that NCL believes they can consistently fill a Breakaway-class ship embarking from Boston to capacity means they are convinced it is a strong marketplace for them. Halifax is a good alternative to Bar Harbor if they feel they need to add an additional port to the Bermuda itinerary.  There just aren't many other ports in the vicinity that would both be appealing and reachable in a week without severely cutting into the time spent in Bermuda.  The only other option I can think of is to make a call in NYC, so BOS->NYC->Sea Day->Bermudax3->Sea Day->Boston, but you'd need an open pier in Manhattan to make it work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I sure hope he talked to the city first. The cruise terminal hasn't been used in 14 years. A buddy of mine is a crane operator at the port of Philadelphia. When I told him about NCL homeporting in Philly he laughed, the old cruise terminal isn't up for it unless someone dumps a lot of money into the place

This has been in the works for about a year or so now. The funding already in place for this project.

• Like 1