Captains Club Match for Spouse

I currently have Elite status in Captains Club due to reciprocity with my Diamond Status on Royal Caribbean.  My wife and I will be sailing on Beyond next month and I requested that her Captains Club account be linked with mine so that we have the same status.  (She has not sailed on Celebrity before)

I called Captains club and they stated that since my elite status was a result of my Diamond Status with Royal Caribbean, my wife cannot get the spouse/partner match to Elite Status. 

Does that explanation sound correct?

39 minutes ago, washdc84 said:

I believe that is correct unless your wife holds the same status on Royal Caribbean as you do.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I believe that is correct unless your wife holds the same status on Royal Caribbean as you do.  

Which they should. 

Make sure she has the same status as you on Royal. Then match. It should work either way, but…

So it's not automatic that your spouse gets the same status?  I am select on Celebrity, platinum on Royal, my  husband has only been on one cruise with Royal.  Obviously I didn't marry him for his status!  🤣

20 minutes ago, scottygirl said:

So it's not automatic that your spouse gets the same status?  I am select on Celebrity, platinum on Royal, my  husband has only been on one cruise with Royal.  Obviously I didn't marry him for his status!  🤣

So I guess he married "up"?  Your answer is going to be "in more ways than one".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It has been my understanding that your wife stands alone with her Royal level. Who ever is in your cabin is invited to any of the Captains Club event as your guest. They dont get things like free drinks from 5 to 7 or 1 bag of free laundry.... etc. If an CC event is held in like the Sky Lounge and drinks are handed out, then yes she gets free drinks. 

Our son was Elite through our sailings with us. After he married and his wife cruised with him they went to Guest Relations and her card was changed to reflect Elite status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheeng said:

Our son was Elite through our sailings with us. After he married and his wife cruised with him they went to Guest Relations and her card was changed to reflect Elite status.

that is normal. The concern here is that his status comes from RCCL

6 hours ago, gold1953 said:

that is normal. The concern here is that his status comes from RCCL

You’re correct. I’m sorry, I missed that. Thank you!

On 7/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, sheeng said:

Yes the seapass card was changed to Elite, but she would not get things like 1 bag of free laundry. She gets Elite so she can enter Events with her husband. My uncle got Elite Plus on his card for 1 sailing as he was in my cabin. His next sailing he was Elite as he was not in my cabin.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:50 AM, washdc84 said:

I currently have Elite status in Captains Club due to reciprocity with my Diamond Status on Royal Caribbean.  My wife and I will be sailing on Beyond next month and I requested that her Captains Club account be linked with mine so that we have the same status.  (She has not sailed on Celebrity before)

I called Captains club and they stated that since my elite status was a result of my Diamond Status with Royal Caribbean, my wife cannot get the spouse/partner match to Elite Status. 

Does she have an RC number?  If so get her matched to yours as Diamond on RC.  Once she is diamond on RC then get the reciprocal match on Celebrity.

Posted (edited)

Hi this is what I did when I remarried after my wife passed away.

My new wife had never cruised before apart from a few years earlier with NCL.

When we boarded we went to see the captains club host, 15 minutes later she had a new card a new captains club number and her status was the same as mine Elite +. Her coupons (no App then) were delivered to our room by the time we returned.

Hope this helps

Edited by swigso

22 minutes ago, swigso said:

Hi this is what I did when I remarried after my wife passed away.

My new wife had never cruised before apart from a few years earlier with NCL.

When we boarded we went to see the captains club host, 15 minutes later she had a new card a new captains club number and her status was the same as mine Elite +. Her coupons (no App then) were delivered to our room by the time we returned.

Hope this helps

16 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Yes the seapass card was changed to Elite, but she would not get things like 1 bag of free laundry. She gets Elite so she can enter Events with her husband. My uncle got Elite Plus on his card for 1 sailing as he was in my cabin. His next sailing he was Elite as he was not in my cabin.

a spouse at the same address gets same status including all perks. A random person in your cabin only gets admission to events.

Posted (edited)

As long as she has a both a Captains Club and RCCL account in her name the benefits with either cruise line will equal her husbands tier and equal benefit reciprocity will apply.  That is how it works with us. We also have cruised together on each cruise on each line, should that matter - but we have the same resulting point total and tier level with each and same reciprocity with each benefit level.

Edited by leaveitallbehind