Celebrity Website Not Working?

JP350

I've been trying to book a cruise through the celebrity website for a couple hours, and I haven't been able to get past the page where you select guests and residency in the booking process. I've attempted this for multiple cruises, and they all say no cabins available, even when I checked prices yesterday there were many cabins available for the same sailings. (I tried a mock booking over on royal as well, and the page timed out before it would load). Is anyone else having an issue with the site. 

There was a news report this morning about a massive IT outage with global impacts.  Several major airlines have issued a complete groundstop globally due to this IT outage.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mass-cyber-outage-airports-businesses-broadcasters-crowdstrike-rcna162664

Perhaps this is also impacting Celebrity's systems.

• Like 2

Yes. My guess is it's related to the global IT issues being suffered by many large organisations and companies right now. 

I'd been looking earlier and came across same problem as you, and had issues on Virgin when looking for a cruise there too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Yes. My guess is it's related to the global IT issues being suffered by many large organisations and companies right now. 

I'd been looking earlier and came across same problem as you, and had issues on Virgin when looking for a cruise there too. 

13 minutes ago, daybrake said:

There was a news report this morning about a massive IT outage with global impacts.  Several major airlines have issued a complete groundstop globally due to this IT outage.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mass-cyber-outage-airports-businesses-broadcasters-crowdstrike-rcna162664

Perhaps this is also impacting Celebrity's systems.

Ah that must be what it is then. I Haden't even heard about an IT outage today. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, JP350 said:

Ah that must be what it is then. I Haden't even heard about an IT outage today. Thanks.

The update by Cloudstrike affected all Microsoft systems that use it.  The only current way to fix an impacted system is by booting into safe mode, manually deleting a specific file, and then rebooting.  Turn on your TV and go to a news channel.  It's all over the news. 

31 minutes ago, JP350 said:

I haven't been able to get past the page where you select guests and residency in the booking process.

I was able to log into my Celebrity account. Go through the steps to book a cruise and get past that step.  Try now, it may be fixed. 

• Like 2

Wow... John.   Not sure it is possibly that quick of a fix.    I'm watching the news and SFO is virtually shut down --- They have been handwriting tickets.  American was down between 1AM and 5AM.   

They do say Microsoft has issued a fix.

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... John.   Not sure it is possibly that quick of a fix.    I'm watching the news and SFO is virtually shut down --- They have been handwriting tickets.  American was down between 1AM and 5AM.   

They do say Microsoft has issued a fix.

It is an easy fix at its core - one of the simplest issues to correct I've seen this decade, but it took employee computers down too.  Companies that use this software have high security requirements so the 'backdoor' to implement the fix is the difficult part.  Plus distributing to an entire workforce that is completely offline and possibly at home probably isn't a use case most companies were prepared for. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the global outage.  I've been having the exact same problem for the past 2 days with the Celebrity website.  I have had no problem with the Royal website......but I don't want to book a Royal cruise!!!  I've deleted cookies and trying on several different computers but still having issues with the Celebrity site.

Edited by jcpc

Tried to call flights by celebrity and the message said 1 hour plus hold time.

Wonder if that is because of the software fubar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Tried to call flights by celebrity and the message said 1 hour plus hold time.

Wonder if that is because of the software fubar.

I can only imagine how many flights they were working to rebook so passengers might make their cruise.  I know that Summit delayed her sail start time by several hours today because Celebrity was holding it due to the flight nightmares.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liao said:

I can only imagine how many flights they were working to rebook so passengers might make their cruise.  I know that Summit delayed her sail start time by several hours today because Celebrity was holding it due to the flight nightmares.

I was wondering about that.    I feel so sorry for those affected by the glitch.   Reminds me of why we fly in a day or more in advance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was wondering about that.    I feel so sorry for those affected by the glitch.   Reminds me of why we fly in a day or more in advance.  

My understanding is they delayed it for two hours to accommodate flights that they arranged.  

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jcpc said:

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the global outage.  I've been having the exact same problem for the past 2 days with the Celebrity website.  I have had no problem with the Royal website......but I don't want to book a Royal cruise!!!  I've deleted cookies and trying on several different computers but still having issues with the Celebrity site.

I was having a problem navigating past the selection of a category for a week or more when I used Google chrome as my browser. I tried Microsoft Edge and it worked without any difficulties.

i have experienced problems with Google chrome and other online applications like QuckBooks Online. So, I suppose this shouldn’t have surprised me. 

you might try using a different browser and see if your priblem(s) disappears. 

Edited by cruisin lady ca

11 hours ago, cruisin lady ca said:

I was having a problem navigating past the selection of a category for a week or more when I used Google chrome as my browser. I tried Microsoft Edge and it worked without any difficulties.

i have experienced problems with Google chrome and other online applications like QuckBooks Online. So, I suppose this shouldn’t have surprised me. 

you might try using a different browser and see if your priblem(s) disappears. 

I find celebrities site to be troublesome that is just time related.  Try again on a different day and things work fine.  I think it has to do when they update pricing and when many people are released to check in or blocked out from future purchases.  But I try once or twice and I just call them to do whatever I'm trying to do.  Much less stressful.