Starting my Liberty research

Recently completed our Wonder cruise, had a great time.  Before that cruise I started a thread called STARTING MY WONDER RESEARCH and that was very helpful and I got lots of good info. 

I thought I'd start another thread and ask people what they know about Liberty. It will be a new to us ship, though  we have been on Freedom twice.  This will also be our first cruise out of Bayonne NJ and we will drive there.  Parking/hotel info will be appreciated. -  9 days to Bermuda, St Martin, San Juan, and hopefully Labadee.

It did see liberty when she came into Miami in 2007 I think it was, she hadn't made her maiden voyage yet and was here for the Miami press to see when she was new. 

000_0016.jpg

• Like 1

It seemed to me like the aft elevators on the side that went up to the crown lounge always had a lot of shaking and vibration. The other side always was a light that you had to push up on only one side, the other didnt work on my deck. Dont know if the crown lounge still up there or not but I also like the comfortable chairs up there outside the lounge near the bar. Best place to read in a/c and overlooking the pool. Not sure how many times I was on. I did feel like she needs a uplift.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Parking/hotel info will be appreciated.

The East Coast departure section may have good info on this.

It will be a good reminder of Freedom for you - not much diff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dont know if the crown lounge still up there or not but I also like the comfortable chairs up there outside the lounge near the bar. Best place to read in a/c and overlooking the pool. Not sure how many times I was on. I did feel like she needs a uplift.

Im off to look at deck plans, 

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The East Coast departure section may have good info on this.

It will be a good reminder of Freedom for you - not much diff.

Good reminder, I would have found my way around there I did see one waterslide that I hadn't seen before that I might be able to do.  I usually avoid water slides, but the one you use a raft on looks like fun.

We sailed Liberty a couple of times pre Covid from Galveston, nice ship , we love the ice show and there also is a good broadway play Saturday Night Fever . 

I'll be following along as we're doing the same thing in a year (same ship and itinerary with our first time trying to drive instead of fly for departure).

A few items for Liberty that I've found:

- Only Royal ship with that raft waterslide; I've seen many note it is the best slide in the fleet.

- No Coke Freestyle machines (yet?)

- I do not see a gap in sailing dates that would imply/allow a dry dock or other enhancements in the next year and don't expect any meaningful updates before we board (like getting the Coke Freestyle machines)

For Bayonne, I've read the parking lot/garage, while not particularly cheap (~$30/day?), is considered to be quite convenient.

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Im off to look at deck plans, 

I think it was deck 14? Big yellow comfy chairs. I think only aft port side elevators go up there. Make sure you get the right elevators. It's my reading spot. 

The parking situation when multiple ships use the port (May-Oct) is a little different. At these times the enclosed parking garage is used for accessible parking only. Outside parking is available and limited shuttle service to the terminal is provided.

Also, don't expect to sail by the Statue of Liberty. You will see her but the Port is past her on the Hudson River.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

We sailed Liberty a couple of times pre Covid from Galveston, nice ship , we love the ice show and there also is a good broadway play Saturday Night Fever . 

I hope that is the same today, i would go see it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The parking situation when multiple ships use the port (May-Oct) is a little different. At these times the enclosed parking garage is used for accessible parking only. Outside parking is available and limited shuttle service to the terminal is provided.

Also, don't expect to sail by the Statue of Liberty. You will see her but the Port is past her on the Hudson River.

Accessible parking?  Great, I can use that! I think i have 260 days to research!

7 hours ago, BillOh said:

Good reminder, I would have found my way around there I did see one waterslide that I hadn't seen before that I might be able to do.  I usually avoid water slides, but the one you use a raft on looks like fun.

the Tidal Wave is an awesome slide. I went on it numerous times with my granddaughter. I wish all ships had this slide.

5 hours ago, dragontrainer said:

A few items for Liberty that I've found:

- Only Royal ship with that raft waterslide; I've seen many note it is the best slide in the fleet.

I think the raft slide on Liberty is pretty good, but it doesn’t compare to the slides on Navigator and Icon in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Unlike Freedom, Liberty doesn’t have Playmakers’s. That is a big negative in my book, but might not be an issue for others. 

Thanks for that info, we do like Playmakers, but can live with out it.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BillOh said:

I hope that is the same today, i would go see it. 

We saw Saturday Night Fever in June on Liberty.  Not my favorite musical, but the cast was amazing so really enjoyed it.  Don't miss it.  We really enjoyed Liberty.  Great ship.  We did the All Access Tour,  which was quite interesting.  

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

We saw Saturday Night Fever in June on Liberty.  Not my favorite musical, but the cast was amazing so really enjoyed it.  Don't miss it.  We really enjoyed Liberty.  Great ship.  We did the All Access Tour,  which was quite interesting.  

Thanks,  we did an all access tour on Oasis, very fun.  With 9 days on the ship, will definitely make sure we see it, thanks,

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

I will definitely take my camera on this cruise and try to capture the statue with my 400mm lens.  Catching Liberty from Liberty! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I will definitely take my camera on this cruise and try to capture the statue with my 400mm lens.  Catching Liberty from Liberty! 

We still got great photos of the statue, plus the NY shore view.  

Recommend going to the top deck at sail away as it's exciting when you go under the bridge.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

We still got great photos of the statue, plus the NY shore view.  

Recommend going to the pool deck at sail away as it's exciting when you go under the bridge.

Glad you mentioned the NY shore view.  The last time I was in NYC the twintowers were still standing.  

1 minute ago, BillOh said:

Glad you mentioned the NY shore view.  The last time I was in NYC the twintowers were still standing.  

Yeah...it's both beautiful, and yet a bit eerie.  Definitely don't miss the view.