No free airfare anymore with Oceania?

49 minutes ago, Cruisersrule said:

Is there still free airfare on Oceania cruises?

The airfare was never really free.  You could always decline the "free" air and get a credit on the total fair.

• Like 13

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Cruisersrule said:

It was never "Free".  Included in fare if you wanted O to book air.  If you chose not to have O book air, then an air credit $ amount was deducted from your price.  

Was a convoluted procedure to determine air credit amount, when doing a mock booking.  Involved a two step process, going back and forth on booking website pages.  

In my opinion, that's why O developed Simply More, either with air or without air.  

As of 01 July, page 1 fare, and brochure fare is without air.  If one desires for O to book air, you select that option on next page, and then on a later page, put in your city pairs, select class, and a $ amount will show and be added onto pricing summary.

I have done some mock bookings, with air, and sometimes O will add on an additional fee of $300 or more, to the drop down air price, in summary column.  This does not always happen, so wondering why.

If anyone understands this better than me, please add your comments.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

There was always 2 prices listed 1 including air and 1 cruise only very simple even after the SM was included. Now it is changed. 

12 hours ago, Cruisersrule said:

As everyone else is posting: the airfare was never “free.” If I remember correctly: When O first started out, the airfare was included in the sole fare price - no option for “cruise only.” Eventually, that morphed into with/without air pricing.

• Like 2

I think people should remember once you pay for your cruise---nothing is really free, it's include in the over all cost of the cruise.  As you cruise more and your "O" statuses goes up, you do it extras-but it's included in the over all profit "O" expects.  Keeping a customer is cheaper that trying to get a new customer.  Even when you get something (SBC or cash) from your TA, it's figured into there over all profit.  So forget the word "FREE".

• Like 2

I should have also said:

Before SM 01 July 2023, O had 3 fares:

Full fare: cruise, air and choice of 1 Olife amenity, (occasionally all 3 amenities with Olife Ultimate offer).

Cruise fare with 1 (or all 3 Olife amenities), with air credit applied.

True cruise only fare (no air, no Olife amenity).

For those pax who had mastered the 3 O fare structures, and shared that knowledge on CC -- Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

I should have also said:

Before SM 01 July 2023, O had 3 fares:

Full fare: cruise, air and choice of 1 Olife amenity, (occasionally all 3 amenities with Olife Ultimate offer).

Cruise fare with 1 (or all 3 Olife amenities), with air credit applied.

True cruise only fare (no air, no Olife amenity).

For those pax who had mastered the 3 O fare structures, and shared that knowledge on CC -- Thank you!

And cruise with air, but no Olife?

13 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

And cruise with air, but no Olife?

Yup, used to be 4 -

OLife w/air, 

OLife no air, 

W/air but no OLife, 

No air, no OLife

And don't forget you could do air one-way only (instead of round trip) - I assume that's still the case? 

Now we have SM without air as the main marketing or SM with air of you ask. Seems this switch of marketing focus is in response to regulations around disclosing all costs up front aka no hidden fees? 

19 minutes ago, babysteps said:

Yup, used to be 4 -

OLife w/air, 

OLife no air, 

W/air but no OLife, 

No air, no OLife

And don't forget you could do air one-way only (instead of round trip) - I assume that's still the case? 

Now we have SM without air as the main marketing or SM with air of you ask. Seems this switch of marketing focus is in response to regulations around disclosing all costs up front aka no hidden fees? 

That's what I remembered.  And yes, each way could be separate.  Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osandomir said:

There’s absolutely no need to remember what it used to be. It’s only what it counts now - No air, or air at the extraordinarily price.

You are so correct!  Doesn't matter what it used to be.  

• Like 1

Just to throw a spanner in the works, we have just booked a cruise package which includes a 22 day cruise on Riviera, one way air to Asia and two nights accommodation for less than we could buy just the cruise from Oceania even though the cruise was part of the Oceania Club Savings 10% off sale.  

4 hours ago, aussietwo said:

... we have just booked a cruise package which includes a 22 day cruise on Riviera, one way air to Asia and two nights accommodation for less than we could buy just the cruise from Oceania even though the cruise was part of the Oceania Club Savings 10% off sale.  

Just curious, what cabin level? G-B? A? PH?

13 hours ago, aussietwo said:

Just to throw a spanner in the works, we have just booked a cruise package which includes a 22 day cruise on Riviera, one way air to Asia and two nights accommodation for less than we could buy just the cruise from Oceania even though the cruise was part of the Oceania Club Savings 10% off sale.  

Where did you book it from?

33 minutes ago, ORV said:

They're in Australia, so whatever they did doesn't apply to those of us in North America. 

I understand that but still am curious how that worked for them.

• Like 1

the message is clear…book your own air.

the only time that I book O air was if I booked late and couldn’t find decent air prices.  The air arrangement was crazy. We got to the cruise and got home.  When I had a canceled plane on the day that I was supposed to fly, I call the O hot line for help. No answer, a message that said call back during regular business hours. When I did get a person, I was told to call the airline. I did that before I tried calling O.  Airline wouldn’t help because my ticket was bought by O. Never book O air.

• Like 2