Please help me make the most of my Aqua class experience!

zanydoc

Hello all! I’m relatively new to Celebrity-been on Apex in March and Equinox maybe 12 years ago. I have booked an October birthday cruise on Beyond with my husband in an aqua class cabin. If you’ve sailed in this class, please tell me all the perks, benefits, and your recommendations to help me make the most of my birthday! Thanks! 😊 

The biggest perk for AQ is Blu. Take full advantage of it and have breakfast and dinner there. We usually also request to sit in the same server's section.

Ask your stateroom attendant to bring you your bottle of sparkling wine on a day or evening that works best for you. 

Enjoy the Persian Garden whenever you like. I find that pre-dinner is nice. Likewise, sign up for your free workout classes early because they get filled up quickly.

• Like 1

Make sure you travel with a list of amenities that are included in Aqua Class. Several of our attendants need 'reminding'.

The things to take advantage of is the breakfast in Blu and the Thermal Suite.  Many forget to take advantage of these amenities.  

• Thanks 1

From the Celebrity website Room amenities

Amenities

• 2 Bottled waters in-room: daily
  • 2 Yoga mats
  • In-room fitness amenities menu
  • Eco-friendly natural ingredients shower amenities
  • 100% Cotton bathrobes, slippers, towels
  • Welcome bottle of sparkling wine (upon request)
  • Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Pillow selection upon request

Spa Benefits

• Unlimited access to the Adults-Only Sea Thermal Suite
  • Dedicated Spa Concierge: Personal Consultation
  • Priority Spa Reservations
  • Complimentary fitness classes (Offering varies by cruise length. Learn more)
  • Exclusive spa treatment package discounts*

Dining

• AquaClass Exclusive Restaurant: Blu
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu available

AquaClass Features

• Floor-to-ceiling sliding-glass doors
  • King-sized bed**
  • Exclusive eXhale® bedding
  • Plentiful storage space
  • Spacious sitting area with sofa
  • Enhanced air filtration system

I curious about the Enhanced air filtration system. Do the rest of us breath in contaminated air?

• Like 1

Thermal suites are okay but diff from S Class.  The heated loungers are in a sep room ..that gets  hot if  its sunny during the day.. We have tried the various rms and enjoyed. The hangibg swing seats are a waste....Overall space could have been designed better  and there still is no T POOL within the spa!

Spa discounts are usually best if you pre book/ prepay online.

AQ rm was fairly narrow for working out and the promised bands abd kettle weights never arrived..no worries, the gym is well equipped.

BLU is the highlight but we do book a few Specialty Dinners to avoid boredom!  We like EDEN( regular menu),   Fine Cut and Raw on Five ( a la carte).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I curious about the Enhanced air filtration system. Do the rest of us breathe in contaminated air?

It’s cute how you think they save the “good” air for the little people.  I love how they spray me with the Celebrity Alpine Air Spray (TM), while I'm on the Retreat Sundeck.  😂

Edited by zitsky

12 hours ago, keesar said:

Make sure you travel with a list of amenities that are included in Aqua Class. Several of our attendants need 'reminding'.

The things to take advantage of is the breakfast in Blu and the Thermal Suite.  Many forget to take advantage of these amenities.  

We have been in AQ cabins many times.   Contrary to what many passengers think those cabins and Blu are not  staffed with the top servers,  or attendants.    We had one room attendant that was a rookie and never worked on a cruise ship before.  We had to tell her everything that we were supposed to be provided.    She told us that it was her first cruise ever.   Other times the attendants would only do what they could get away with.   We now also carry a printout of what the amenities are for AQ.   

You will find that most of the amenities are fluff.    We asked about the pillow menu.  The attendant looked at us rather puzzled.   We said that the cabin was supposed have a pillow menu.  He said there are the pillows, pick the one you like. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for your replies! Has anyone gotten a special pillow? We like those foam shaped cervical pillows-would love to request that. And do we ask the cabin attendant for the sparkling wine or the server in Blu? The other amenities like robes, slippers…do we have to actually ASK for those, too? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

Thank you all for your replies! Has anyone gotten a special pillow? We like those foam shaped cervical pillows-would love to request that. And do we ask the cabin attendant for the sparkling wine or the server in Blu? The other amenities like robes, slippers…do we have to actually ASK for those, too? Thanks!

Well you can ask the cabin attendant for the sparkling wine.  I suggest swapping for red or white.  Anything else.   

29 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

We have received a pillow menu and ordered from that menu. There were several choices including a body pillow, a hyperallergenic pillow and a Swedish isotonic pillow.    If the cabin attendant does not offer the sparkling wine, you should ask for it from the attendant. Attendants usually will ask you what night you would like to receive the bubbly.  Robes and slippers are usually in the closet in the room,   2 of the last 3 attendants we had in Aqua Class were new to the role.  We 'assisted' them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

The nicer robes should already be in the room. If they are not: ask the room attendant they will get it to you. 

You will get an e-mail asking you what in-room fitness items you want. What I don't see was the weighted blanket that I have requested twice. It's nice to have something to cover up with while reading/watching TV etc without having to disturb the bedding. My husband enjoyed the goofy acupressure mat.

They no longer have afternoon "tea" snacks in the room. Not that they were that special but I kind of liked having something brought in. 

Talk to the Matre 'd in Blu about any dietary issues. Ask about getting food from the other main dining rooms if you don't see anything you like. They SHOULD be helpful with that. Because I am celiac they were more than helpful with accommodating my need for gluten free, including bringing in other gluten free desserts to the dining room (if you order the day ahead).  (They actually have the following day's menu to review so that you can see what will be served if you request it.) Because you will normally have the same server, they become familiar with your drink orders since they see you every day and the room is pretty small. That is a disadvantage, too because the tables are pretty close together and at time it gets noisy.

I enjoyed Aqua class but the price has gotten high and it used to include the basic drink package but no longer does. 

Take advantage of the 2 waters a day: you can get them cold with the frig before you go out for a shore excursion, etc. 

We used the heated chairs everyday, very relaxing and they face the front of the ship which is a hard view to find. 

• Like 1