RCL Stock to resume dividend after 4 year hiatus

omeinv

For those who own RCL, it was announced today there will be a 40 cent per share dividend with the first payment date October 11, 2024.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, omeinv said:

For those who own RCL, it was announced today there will be a 40 cent per share dividend with the first payment date October 11, 2024.

Harris

Denver, CO

I am excited to hear this news.  I was hoping for  a dividend as they had given out some nice bonuses to management earlier this year --and ship's occupancy is up.

Its good that they did, tho I still rather they pay down the debt load they are carrying for a few more quarters.  Not a stock owner anymore as sold it a while back after buying it at 41 area a cpl years ago, No reason to hold onto it after almost 3.5x gain and not sailing Celebrity as much anymore besides BCC cruises.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Its good that they did, tho I still rather they pay down the debt load they are carrying for a few more quarters.  Not a stock owner anymore as sold it a while back after buying it at 41 area a cpl years ago, No reason to hold onto it after almost 3.5x gain and not sailing Celebrity as much anymore besides BCC cruises.  

I held on to mine that I bought 200 shares for $11 a share in 1996.   It has paid for itself over and over again.     Even though it took an initial dive today it still up 14X     Wish I hadn't sold off some earlier this year to buy 100 shares of Carnival and 100 shares of NCL for Cunard and Oceania OBC's. 

Thanks for the information I hadn't heard about the resumption of dividends.    Wonder if they have a dividend re-investment program.

Edited by Jim_Iain

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Even though it took an initial dive today it still up 14X  

RCL finished today down $12.49 or 7.59% below yesterday's close, which was also slightly down.  The $.40 a share dividend is nice news,   On the whole, I am up 126.6% on my investment in RCL and I am sure yours is considerbly more than that as I did not purchase my initial shares until 1997 and it was considerbly higher than $11 a share 🙂

26 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Wonder if they will no longer offer OBC

They gave it previously when dividends were still being paid.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I held on to mine that I bought 200 shares for $11 a share in 1996.   It has paid for itself over and over again.     Even though it took an initial dive today it still up 14X     Wish I hadn't sold off some earlier this year to buy 100 shares of Carnival and 100 shares of NCL for Cunard and Oceania OBC's. 

Thanks for the information I hadn't heard about the resumption of dividends.    Wonder if they have a dividend re-investment program.

no you cruise alot with them, way more than mine 2-3 times a year and it makes sense.  I will be off celebrity at least 2 2027 as my travel plans are loosely filled out, I still work ft so plan way ahead of time